Cork v Galway - Saturday 18th July 2009

Started by orangeman, July 13, 2009, 01:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Go on the Tribesmen!!  Put Donal og and his minnions on strike again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYyhwUNhEAU

mckieran

The purpose of bringing in Farragher must be to improve the quality of ball going into Canning, Hayes & Healy. It was poor the last day and Farragher's distribution is good.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mckieran on July 17, 2009, 04:56:50 PM
The purpose of bringing in Farragher must be to improve the quality of ball going into Canning, Hayes & Healy. It was poor the last day and Farragher's distribution is good.

Farragher is a good stick man alright. Only thing I'd worry about is that he is not very quick while Tom Kenny and Ben O'Connor are like greyhounds. If they get a run on him he is not going to catch them but hopefully he plays enough good quality ball to make up for that.

shg

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 17, 2009, 05:05:57 PM
Quote from: mckieran on July 17, 2009, 04:56:50 PM

Farragher is a good stick man alright. Only thing I'd worry about is that he is not very quick while Tom Kenny and Ben O'Connor are like greyhounds. If they get a run on him he is not going to catch them but hopefully he plays enough good quality ball to make up for that.

yeah yer right,seems strange to have him at midfield,duno where farragher will line-out,but mcintyre seems to be making the right decisions,joyce is better suited on the wing than the corner

charlie linkbox

Anyone know if Thurles is all-ticket tomorrow? Are they expecting much of a crowd? At a loose end tomorrow and half thinkin a making the trip south.

Reillers

Quote from: charlie linkbox on July 17, 2009, 10:37:05 PM
Anyone know if Thurles is all-ticket tomorrow? Are they expecting much of a crowd? At a loose end tomorrow and half thinkin a making the trip south.

As far as I know you can get them on the day up there for the terrace.

shg

there will be stand tickets available at the ground,it will be the same as last year,no designated seating for the stand,first come first serve

seafoid

Quote from: mouview on July 17, 2009, 10:01:03 AM

Ya, ya, ya. Galway have enough bad memories of Gardiner, O Connor x 2, Curran etc. to be taken in by chat like this! Galway are far from the finished article too you know and quite a few of the players have improved form to find.

Good man mo. Top expectation management there.

"Too nervous to predict any scoreline for this match."

Very understandable. 20 years

"Galway aren't without their own foibles, the main one of which is mental – it is still uncomfortably easy for their supporters to imagine them lapsing
into the listless apathy that Cork have a history of successfully sensing and exploiting." Nicky English

On the other hand there is "mol an oige agus tiocfaidh si"
Anois is  cosuil go bhfuil siad ag teacht. So the mental stuff doesn^t have to stick.   

milltown row

i thought Galway would be too good for Cork but i'm being proven wrong tonight. Cork are hungry for the ball and are playing well. Reillers will no doubt be unhappy by the end though

milltown row

Canning does not miss those long range frees, amazing accuracy

imtommygunn

some save by donal og.

must be very disheartening playing against canning

reillers is never happy sure, it's the world against cork don't you know

milltown row

what a save by the Og, dislike him as some do but credit where its due, he is a top goal keeper

INDIANA

milltown row

michael couldn't get his phone to stop during that piece after the game, they were laughing at him

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.