Donegal vs Derry

Started by Atticus_Finch, July 12, 2009, 07:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southderryman

a tough enough draw for us. i know donegal aren't playing well and have a few problems, but there's always a good performance in them. from a derry point of view, if the heads are right and there is no complacency i think we should win by about 4 or 5 points.

defence needs to tighten up, particularly mccloy as he allows his man far too much of a start on him and hasn't got the pace to recover. i would continue with bradley and diver in midfield with fergal roving as it worked well the last day.

the worry is we never get as much space in an intercounty game again as we did last sat, hopefully that wont affect the players approach and we'll have early direct ball going in with plenty of runners of the shoulder unlike the tyrone game. this is why gerard o kane has to play in the half back line imo, if he's in the corner we'll lose out on running his support play.

the big question is can we put 2 good perfromances together, we havent done so since mayo at celtic park and laois in breffni in 07, so its time for that to change.

no doubt who ever wins this will draw antrim in the last 12 and tyrone in the last 8  ::) ::)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

J70 I do remember at the time of McIvor dismissal, Cass spoke (as spokesman on behalf of the players) to give their backing to McIvor, I think that there is still a lingering resentment in thte camp about how things were handled and the subsequent outcomes.
Tbc....

J70

Quote from: Winnie Peg on July 16, 2009, 10:10:46 AM
Who is Tom Cormack?

Its "Comack".

He's a GAA journalist for the Donegal Democrat and Highland Radio. He's actually a Roscommon man, but lives in the Rosses these days, as far as I know.

bergo

Quote from: J70 on July 16, 2009, 03:56:59 PM
Quote from: Winnie Peg on July 16, 2009, 10:10:46 AM
Who is Tom Cormack?

Its "Comack".

He's a GAA journalist for the Donegal Democrat and Highland Radio. He's actually a Roscommon man, but lives in the Rosses these days, as far as I know.

He's actually quite a good analyst and interviewer; much better than Charlie Collins, his somewhat narrow sighted colleague!

donegal dudes

donegal will win leo mcloone will score 4-10 and win us the game
paddy ryan

Goldengreen

Donegal team to play Derry tomorrow evening in Round 3 of the All Ireland Qualifiers has been announced. It shows just one change in personnel from that which started last time out against Clare, Brian Roper comes in to replace the injured Christy Toye.   
No.   

1 Pol Ó Durcain Paul Durcan Na Ceithre Máistrí
2 Prionsias MagFhlionn Frank Mc Glynn Gleann Fhinne
3 Niall Mac Aoidh Neil McGee Gaoth Dobhair
4 Carl De Léis Karl Lacey Na Ceithre Máistrí
5 Barra Ó Dúinín Barry Dunnion Na Ceithre Máistrí
6 Barra Ó Manacháin Barry Monaghan Na Ceithre Máistrí
7 Éamonn Mac Aoidh Eamon Mc Gee Gaoth Dobhair
8 Leon Mac GiollaEoin Leo McLoone Naomh Conaill
9 Caoimhín Ó Caisside Kevin Cassidy Gaoth Dobhair
10 RuairíOCaomhanach   RoryKavanagh (C) Naomh Adhamhnáin
11 Brian O Roipear Brian Roper Aodh Ruadh (B/S)
12 Daithí Breathnach David Walsh Naomh Bríd
13 Conall Ó Dúinn Conal Dunne Naomh Adhamhnáin
14 Micheal O Murchú Micheal Murphy Gleann tSúilí
15 Colm Mac Phaidin Colm McFadden Naomh Micheal

tbrick18

Thats a strong Donegal side with some serious talent in there.
I dont for a minute expect and easy game but I think we should still shade it.

tbrick18

Someone told me the throw in for this game has been changed till 4pm.
I cant find any confirmation of this but has anyone else heard this?

laoisgaa

Definitely at 7pm

Anyone hear the Derry team?

tyrone86

Quote from: laoisgaa on July 17, 2009, 11:08:10 PM
Definitely at 7pm

Maybe Cass will do a Loughnane and pick the team in the pre-match huddle.

southderryman

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 18, 2009, 12:48:29 AM
Quote from: laoisgaa on July 17, 2009, 11:08:10 PM
Definitely at 7pm

Maybe Cass will do a Loughnane and pick the team in the pre-match huddle.

the team was selected tonight and will be named tomorrow

mc_grens

Any links for overseas viewers lads?

laoisgaa

It's not live on TV but you'll get an audio commentary at www.highlandradio.com from 7pm

tyrone86

Quote from: laoisgaa on July 18, 2009, 12:01:21 PM
It's not live on TV but you'll get an audio commentary at www.highlandradio.com from 7pm

And I'd recommend Highland sheerly for comedic value and completely biased commentary.

J70

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 18, 2009, 01:27:40 PM
Quote from: laoisgaa on July 18, 2009, 12:01:21 PM

And I'd recommend Highland sheerly for comedic value and completely biased commentary.

Its a Donegal station with Donegal commenators broadcasting for Donegal listeners. Why wouldn't they root for Donegal? That doesn't mean they're blinkered or that they spare the team criticism (which they most certainly do not). Tyrone (justifiably) are actually highly lauded on the station.

And of course local radio in Tyrone is the epitome of cosmopolitan, detached professionalism!