Wicklow v Down. Aughrim 3pm Saturday. Live on RTE

Started by Trevor Hill, July 12, 2009, 06:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Fair play to tohill on Walshe, and the dara in commentary the "Carlow man on the ball"

great goal wicklow
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

imtommygunn

Wicklow look a good bit better than Down. No midfield and no defense. FF line doesn't help them much with that...

Still, might turn around yet.

Minder

Down are dangerous going forward, Mc Comiskey and Hughes in particular, poor at the back though.  Coulter has been anonymous.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

maldini

anyone know a link to watch the match from outside ireland

imtommygunn

If I were a betting man I'd put money on McComiskey to get a goal before that game's over.

Down are picking up a bit. Still not looking as sharp though.

Would the link not be on that other thread?

SLIGONIAN

Great 1st half, 1-9 to 9, entertaining stuff
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

INDIANA

Pat having a good whinge I see. I mean its an open game of football between a div 3 and div 4 team. Is this man ever happy. Quite enjoyed it personally.

pintsofguinness

It depends on what you enjoy Indiana, it's open and free flowing but it's very poor quality.

Wicklow dont have the class but they're well organised and working hard.  Down are seriouly disorganised, how many of Wicklow's scores have come from silly mistakes?  and is it me or do they keep running in to each other? Coulter doing nothing out the field they may put him in the full forward line. Down would have the beating of Wicklow if they can get the ball in, maybe the wind in the second half will help.   
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Minder

There has been plenty of poor quality from the so called stronger counties, Cork v Limerick, Dublin v Meath, Kerry v Longford etc etc

Big Tohill is well up for a joust with Mrs Doubtfire today.

INDIANA

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 18, 2009, 03:42:14 PM
It depends on what you enjoy Indiana, it's open and free flowing but it's very poor quality.

Wicklow dont have the class but they're well organised and working hard.  Down are seriouly disorganised, how many of Wicklow's scores have come from silly mistakes?  and is it me or do they keep running in to each other? Coulter doing nothing out the field they may put him in the full forward line. Down would have the beating of Wicklow if they can get the ball in, maybe the wind in the second half will help.   

Its div 3/4 football POG. I don't know what youre expecting- but you aren't going to get top quality football with teams from these levels.

imtommygunn

how was that not a penalty???

your man was dragged down!

Minder