Wicklow v Down. Aughrim 3pm Saturday. Live on RTE

Started by Trevor Hill, July 12, 2009, 06:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: football-4-life on July 15, 2009, 01:36:56 PM
If down had john clarke, mickey walsh, marty clarke how good would down be?  :-\

They would be genuine All Ireland contenders.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: downredblack on July 14, 2009, 11:35:27 PM
We were down in  Aughrim under POR 04 0R 05 and were lucky enough to get a draw that day as I remember . I don't know a whole heap about Wicklow but I heard their mid/field are small enough but lightening quick .I read in one paper that the Wickow forwards would cause plenty of problems for the "poor " Down defence , maybe they will . There was no mention of the Down full forward line of Coulter , McComiskey , Hughes , who on there day could cause problems for anyone .
Will be over in england (newcastle) for the game so hoping to find an Irish bar , was over there last year for the Wexford game ,don't want to be getting the bad news txts this year .

Up Down .

Not exactly
James Stafford is 6'4 and Thomas Walsh is 6'5

corn02

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on July 15, 2009, 02:54:17 PM
If down had john clarke, mickey walsh, marty clarke how good would down be?  :-\

:D :D

Brightened up my day alright.

full back

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on July 15, 2009, 02:54:17 PM

You have 2 of them players FFS, either they dont want to play for you or you wont select them
Marty would be playing for NI if he was still at home ;)

T O Hare

Quote from: thewobbler on July 15, 2009, 08:51:57 AM
Downredblack - http://www.tynesideirish.com/contact.html

The Irish Centre in Newcastle is your best bet.

I tried there two weeks ago and they could not show it due to Setantas collapse!!!! its a shithole as well!!!! ;D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

charlie stubbs

i do hope you are on the wind up.  mickey walsh and  j clarke should be in the down panel but have never really cut it for me in championship football.  marty clarke ill give you would be a tremendous addition to any squad, but i think you need a reality check you are arguably in the bottom 3 teams in ulster at the minute.

5 Sams

Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 15, 2009, 06:37:07 PM

i do hope you are on the wind up.  mickey walsh and  j clarke should be in the down panel but have never really cut it for me in championship football.  marty clarke ill give you would be a tremendous addition to any squad, but i think you need a reality check you are arguably in the bottom 3 teams in ulster at the minute.

Mebbe so....but we're still above Armagh at the minute though  :)
The Aristocrat Years

CĂșig huaire

Has there been a marked improvement in Down since the Fermanagh game? I haven't been to any of the championship games this year, Saturday will be my first. Just wondering if we had been able to put that defeat behind us. Obviously it is hard to judge the team against London, but I am assuming the performance against Laois was better than what we had seen earlier in the season.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 15, 2009, 08:18:45 PM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 15, 2009, 06:37:07 PM

Mebbe so....but we're still above Armagh at the minute though  :)

was waiting for that one ::)  a win over london and an awful laois team and you think down are a good side again.  reminds me of the build up to last years ulster semi final.  doubt if your the current ulster champions down can be viewed as a better side after these two wins but ill bow to your superior knowledge

Lecale2

Down may not be world beaters but it's still great to be in the Championship in the middle of July.

corn02

Quote from: Lecale2 on July 16, 2009, 09:18:41 AM
Down may not be world beaters but it's still great to be in the Championship in the middle of July.

A weird thing for you in recent years.

End of the day come the middl of August you will not be in it, which will just be as bad as going out as the start of June.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on July 16, 2009, 09:48:19 AM

End of the day come the middl of August you will not be in it, which will just be as bad as going out as the start of June.

No we were still in the Championship til July last year as well, August in fact.

And your second statement is ridiculous, you are saying wou would rather Armagh got put out by Monaghan than get another couple of games? Complete lie.

If the thread antagonises you so much don't read it!! Go put on the 2002 DVD again.

corn02

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 16, 2009, 11:13:10 AM

No we were still in the Championship til July last year as well.

And your second statement is ridiculous, you are saying wou would rather Armagh got put out by Monaghan than get another couple of games? Complete lie.

If the thread antagonises you so much don't read it!! Go put on the 2002 DVD again.

Yes in recent years, I did not say last year, read again.

Not a complete lie. I wouldn;t rather it but I wouldn;t rather getting another few games either. Perhaps Down's aspirations are lower over the last few years but getting to a qf or sf is no consolation. If you don;t win the big prize you may as well go out in the first round. So not a complete lie at all. If your not first your last.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on July 16, 2009, 11:15:35 AM

Not a complete lie. I wouldn;t rather it but I wouldn;t rather getting another few games either. Perhaps Down's aspirations are lower over the last few years but getting to a qf or sf is no consolation. If you don;t win the big prize you may as well go out in the first round. So not a complete lie at all. If your not first your last.

Last year is the most recent of the recent years.

Typical bullshit post as well of a team out of the championship, your bitterness is worse than any smugness. Why do most of the teams show up these days seeing as if you're not first you're last. They should just give the cup to Tyrone now.

corn02

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 16, 2009, 11:19:45 AM
Quote from: corn02 on July 16, 2009, 11:15:35 AM

Last year is the most recent of the recent years.

Typical bullshit post as well of a team out of the championship, your bitterness is worse than any smugness. Why do most of the teams show up these days seeing as if you're not first you're last. They should just give the cup to Tyrone now.

Sadly you don't seem to understand that years is plural, but hopefully you can grasp that concept to join in this debate properly.

Not bitter in the slightest. If Down reach the last 12 or 8 and you are are celebrating for that reason, well then, that says it all.