Championship - Lie of the Land - How do you see things now?

Started by Barney, July 11, 2009, 08:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

The lie of the land IMHO

Tyrone
Cork
Kerry/Dublin
Kildare/Derry

Galway & Mayo could come into the reckoning, but we will know more after the weekend ahead

Rossfan

Quote from: Barney on July 11, 2009, 08:53:50 PM

- I have a hunch that Ros will get the luck of the draw. Beat Wexford and then maybe Sligo or Wicklow at home in the next round.

Good man Barney but I'm getting worried when ye lads start saying nice things about us. :-\

I'll get my own back by saying that Mayo could get to the Final again but dont know if I should make any further predictions.
Last 8 ( leaving out Ros  :))Dublin,Cork,Mayo,Tyrone,Kerry,Derry,Kildare,Galway.
Depends on the draw then...however I'll go Dublin/Mayo/Tyrone/Derry and will flip totally now and predict Mayo/Derry Final.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on July 13, 2009, 02:06:31 PM
Quote from: Barney on July 11, 2009, 08:53:50 PM

- I have a hunch that Ros will get the luck of the draw. Beat Wexford and then maybe Sligo or Wicklow at home in the next round.

Good man Barney but I'm getting worried when ye lads start saying nice things about us. :-\

I'll get my own back by saying that Mayo could get to the Final again but dont know if I should make any further predictions.
Last 8 ( leaving out Ros  :))Dublin,Cork,Mayo,Tyrone,Kerry,Derry,Kildare,Galway.
Depends on the draw then...however I'll go Dublin/Mayo/Tyrone/Derry and will flip totally now and predict Mayo/Derry Final.

Frig ya, we'd still lose to an 'erry team I suppose is what you're thinking!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

longrunsthefox

Dublin-Kiladre and Derry-Monaghan  was a southern dream with the forwards allowed to score at will. Dubs concede 18 ponts and win... Derry 20! Can't see past Tyrone myself if they play to their potential. They won't stand back and let teams score 18 or 20 points despite Spillane and others thinking they should.  

Rossfan

Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 13, 2009, 02:11:30 PM
Can't see past Tyrone myself if they play to their potential. They won't stand back and let teams score 18 or 20 points 

Are they not capable of scoring more than 20 pts themselves?
Be brave and attack for f sake...esp if ye want to be team of the decade  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

TacadoirArdMhacha

Dublin-Kiladre and Derry-Monaghan  was a southern dream with the forwards allowed to score at will. Dubs concede 18 ponts and win... Derry 20! Can't see past Tyrone myself if they play to their potential. They won't stand back and let teams score 18 or 20 points despite Spillane and others thinking they should.  

Wexford were well beaten despite scoring 1-14.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

joemamas

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 13, 2009, 02:29:12 PM

Wexford were well beaten despite scoring 1-14.

???

DUBSFORSAM1

You mean where 2 sets of teams went out to play football and try to win the game by outscoring the opposition and trusting their forwards rather than playing a 12 man defence and resorting to cynical fouling to stop the other team playing???

Dublin in 05 for example twice scored 1-14 against Tyrone so that is 17 points so they do concede big scores..

INDIANA

Yeah but tyrone scored 2-19 the 2nd day indicating to me tyrone can play it any way they bloody well like.

Main Street

I would never have regarded Galway as a dark horse but I see they're at 22/1 in the betting and 11/1 to reach the final.

There is a good chance the championship could well see neither Tyrone nor Kerry winning it.
Ominous when you see Dara O'Sé being substituted before the end of a game with Longford still belting away.
Cork or the Dubs for me.

Tyrone Dreamer

Think the championship is a bit more open this year than is being made out. Someone like Mayo could spring a suprise. They were impressive against Roscommon and have added a bit of scoring potential to the forward line. O'Shea looks the real deal up front. They could avoid Tyrone/Kerry/Cork to the final depending on the draw and after that anything can happen.

muppet

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 13, 2009, 10:24:39 PM
Think the championship is a bit more open this year than is being made out. Someone like Mayo could spring a suprise. They were impressive against Roscommon and have added a bit of scoring potential to the forward line. O'Shea looks the real deal up front. They could avoid Tyrone/Kerry/Cork to the final depending on the draw and after that anything can happen.

Geddawayoutadat. We don't believe in anything can happen in a final in Mayo. We believe in nothing happens in a final.
MWWSI 2017

Irenses

The draw will be pre-determined from the Q/F onwards. If all 4 provincial winners win there Q/F then the semis are

Muster champions Vs Ulster champions
And
Leinster champions Vs Connacht champions.

Then obviously if one of them is beat in the Q/F the team that's beats em will take there spot. Not sure when the draw is. Would have assumed July 26th the day after the last qualifiers but now with the wexford/Roscommon delay who knows.

Frank Casey

Dublin versus winners of Cork/Tyrone. Sunday was the first time in many years that Dublin impressed me. A match (credit to Kildare also) with real kicked scores from distance.
KERRY 3:7

Maigheo Abu

As much as I wouldn't start loosing the plot over our own gang I wouldn't put the house on the Dubs either. There are Two who know all the tricks in the long grass. It's only starting!
Where the ocean kisses Ireland and the waves caress it's shores