Question for Armagh Folk

Started by thewobbler, July 05, 2009, 10:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BerfArmagh

From what I hear the O ROurkes were running the show. I have it from a very good source, that aidan o rourke called BOK over at the start of the game & instructed the substitiutuion of lavery, if its true & the guy who told me this is very genuine, its a joke

eireogatron

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on July 08, 2009, 09:45:30 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2009, 11:12:50 PM
From the outside looking in...

You still have fine players though like some have pointed out perhaps not so much in the forward department.

That FB, Mallon, Kernan and McKeever are all very good defenders though I would take some people's point about Kernan slowing it up.

Your manager did a few things wrong on saturday
- aidan o'rourke at corner back was a mjor faux pas. leaving him on for a succession of points was woeful management to be honest
- as has been discussed HF line was ridiculous
- Forker is good and should have been on from minute one
- your fitness is not up to scratch
- that midfielder should never have been taken off

Two things he wasn't at fault for
- th stupid indisciplined tackling at times (andy mallon surprisingly very guilty of it)
- the referee not giving clarke any protection wtasoever(maybe you could point taht at mcdonnell too) Had you got all the frees you deserved there the game would have been won in normal time. This would however have only temporarily masked your problems.

Personally I think, as an outsider, armagh should be the second best team in ulster. They're not near `Tyrone or AI standard however I think they have the raw materials to be better than anyone else.

Stevie would be a good CHF and with Mallon in that line and Forker and Clarke in the FF line that would be half decent.

I don't think Stevie is past i yet. However I don't think he's fit as he has a belly and county footballers should not have a belly...

That's the best post i've read on this board in a long time!

i concur

eireogatron

Quote from: Sandy Hill on July 07, 2009, 10:22:16 PM
Loughran hasn't the "heart" for hard county football.

bullsh1t. He was excellent in 2003 - in fact he was nominated for an all star!! I actually think he played in the semi 02 in the second half as well. He was our main midfielder alongside McGrane for a good couple of years before injury and dopey Armagh politics shafted him

The GAA

Quote from: BerfArmagh on July 08, 2009, 09:48:55 AM
From what I hear the O ROurkes were running the show. I have it from a very good source, that aidan o rourke called BOK over at the start of the game & instructed the substitiutuion of lavery, if its true & the guy who told me this is very genuine, its a joke

FFS how do sensible people entertain these things. first it was the kernans actually picking the team and now its the o'rourkes. i wonder why aidan dropped himself for the tyrone game?

corn02

Quote from: BerfArmagh on July 08, 2009, 09:48:55 AM

Jesus H Christ.

pintsofguinness

Thats a bit far fetched berf.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: eireogatron on July 08, 2009, 09:53:48 AM

bullsh1t. He was excellent in 2003 - in fact he was nominated for an all star!! I actually think he played in the semi 02 in the second half as well. He was our main midfielder alongside McGrane for a good couple of years before injury and dopey Armagh politics shafted him

On a point of fact, no he most definitely did not play any part in the 02 semi.
As to "heart" "shafting" or whatever...
He drifts in and out of a game. As a midfielder you just can't do that.You're in the thick of it from start to finish.
Lovely fielder of a ball though.

qub la la la

Quote from: SidelineKick on July 08, 2009, 09:47:06 AM
Quote from: hectorsheroes on July 08, 2009, 09:36:24 AM
Is McCloskey definitely at Wasps?

Thats the buzz on the street anyway.

was an article in irish news not so long ago about this. He is at wasps for a year at least and then will see how it pans out.

armaghniac

QuoteA case of 'Show me the honey'.

He made a beeline for it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

qub la la la

Quote from: hardstation on July 08, 2009, 11:49:06 PM
A case of 'Show me the honey'.

and why not! both parties have been courting each other for a long time. Hopefully works out for him as he had to leave the teaching to go.

eireogatron

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on July 08, 2009, 10:06:12 PM
Quote from: eireogatron on July 08, 2009, 09:53:48 AM

On a point of fact, no he most definitely did not play any part in the 02 semi.
As to "heart" "shafting" or whatever...
He drifts in and out of a game. As a midfielder you just can't do that.You're in the thick of it from start to finish.
Lovely fielder of a ball though.

hmmmm, i thought he came on in that game. He definitely came on in the quarter final replay vs Sligo. doesnt really matter. I think he should be there (when fit).

Goats Do Shave

Floppy is a fella, but I think it would take him playing at least a full season in club football injury free to get near the panel.

It's a pity... he had all the natural qualities to be Armagh's main midfielder. Affected by the back injury & the wing mirrors too much though!