Best Goal Ever Scored

Started by corcaioch, July 02, 2009, 12:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corcaioch

What is the best intercounty goal you've seen?

I'd have to go for 1. Joe Kavanagh's in the 1999 All Ireland final:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVTH2aKeVxo

followed by 2. Eoin Bradley against Down in 2005:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOvc7rBawzo

and 3. Declan Meehan's in the 2000 All Ireland final for the great interplay and finish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hJqekgl5wg

:o

T Fearon

Ciaran Whelan's goal for Dublin against Armagh in the 2002 semi final was a cracker and I also recall Fran Mc Mahon scoring a cracking goal for Armagh against Cork in a league game way back in the early 80s. In terms of creation and execution not to mention importance, Oisin Mc Conville's strike in the 2002 AI Final was also majestic

Was in Croker the day Mulligan scored against the Dubs in 2005 but I still maintain that was more down to inept defending than creativity.

Also enjoyed Spillane's fist to the net in the 1986 AI Final as it spelt the beginning of the end of Tyrone's false dawn that day ;D

supersub

Mulligan's goal has to be up there, he came out and won the ball around the 45 and took it on from there. Maybe it was slightly poor defending but he glided past them with the effortless dummies which he should be cerdited for!!

JMohan

It has to be Mulligans ...

To say it was poor defending is a cheap shot - look at the 'poor defending' in the other ones!

INDIANA

maurice fitz against armagh in 01 must be up there

T Fearon

Sorry, but two players buying the same dummy is poor defending. Mulligan would have never scored a goal like that against Armagh or any other team with a good defence

Bensars

Quote from: T Fearon on July 02, 2009, 12:48:24 PM
Sorry, but two players buying the same dummy is poor defending. Mulligan would have never scored a goal like that against Armagh or any other team with a good defence

Good effort though

rrhf

Tony your ignorance is shining like a beacon, one of the great features of that goal was the off the ball running of men like Canvan and Mc Guigan, they wreaked havoc there so that Mulligan was fit to target and bring to him the two men that he neede to get round before he pulled the trigger on the best goalkeeper in Ireland at the time.  Get with the game.  As for oisins goal well the fact the goalkeeper didnt come out and smother what was affectively a GAA tap in says more about a lack of concentration possibly through boredom.  

Billys Boots

Young Brogan's goal against the Dubs for Mayo (GHU) in the 80s was a cracker, best I've seen in the flesh anyway.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

trim blue

Cavan's Fintan Cahill AI Semi versus Kerry in '97, wonderful team move and a blistering finish on the run into the top right hand corner, as good as you'll see.
ah sure tog out anyway

eireogatron

Ciaran McManus used to score some absolute howitzers from ridiculous yards out

Estimator

John O'Driscoll's goal against Derry in the 93 final was excellent, made by a fantastic pass from Don Davis.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Mr. Nakata

Stevie O'Neill scored a belter against Mayo in 2004, though it failed to spark the team into life. I also remember when I was a nipper seeing a Peter McGinnity wonder goal on the box. Think it was the last time Fermanagh were in the Ulster final before last year, could be wrong though. He went tearing from midfield down the middle of the park and rifled it into the top corner.

full back

Quote from: rrhf on July 02, 2009, 12:57:25 PM
Tony your ignorance is shining like a beacon, one of the great features of that goal was the off the ball running of men like Canvan and Mc Guigan, they wreaked havoc there so that Mulligan was fit to target and bring to him the two men that he neede to get round before he pulled the trigger on the best goalkeeper in Ireland at the time.  Get with the game.  As for oisins goal well the fact the goalkeeper didnt come out and smother what was affectively a GAA tap in says more about a lack of concentration possibly through boredom. 

Pot, kettle, black  ::)