Best Goal Ever Scored

Started by corcaioch, July 02, 2009, 12:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

QuoteCiaran Whelan's goal for Dublin against Armagh in the 2002 semi final was a cracker and I also recall Fran Mc Mahon scoring a cracking goal for Armagh against Cork in a league game way back in the early 80s. In terms of creation and execution not to mention importance, Oisin Mc Conville's strike in the 2002 AI Final was also majestic

Was in Croker the day Mulligan scored against the Dubs in 2005 but I still maintain that was more down to inept defending than creativity.

Also enjoyed Spillane's fist to the net in the 1986 AI Final as it spelt the beginning of the end of Tyrone's false dawn that day

Mulligans is the best I have ever seen.  To pull of that dummy once was great but to anticipate that the next defender would not expect him to do it again was even better, and the finish was emphatic. 

Mattie Fordes goal in the AIQF last year takes some beating too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blanketattack

Best team goal: Jack O'Shea v Offaly
Best solo run goal: Mulligan v Dublin
Best spectacular goal: Karol Mannion v Corofin
Most dramatic goal: Seamus Darby

moysider

Best best goals.

1. Padraic Brogan v Dublin AISF 1985.

2. Tom Langan AIF v Meath 1951

Hardy

This is like picking up a book entitled "First People To Walk On The Moon" and searching in vain for a mention of Neil Armstrong.

whitey

Jimmy Burkes goal vs. the Rossies, 1989 Connaught Final replay

min 6.56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JseW7Haq9Gc

Billys Boots

Quote from: Hardy on July 03, 2009, 01:43:17 AM
This is like picking up a book entitled "First People To Walk On The Moon" and searching in vain for a mention of Neil Armstrong.

Go on then Hardy, spit it out lad.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 03, 2009, 08:44:23 AM

Go on then Hardy, spit it out lad.

Poor Hardy, no one loves us :D  A bigger siege mentality than Armagh(or Cross) ever had ;)

I can't believe so many Tymoanies bit the Fearonators bait, that was the best score of them all.  Whelan and Hayes have scored a good few of those long range punts int the top corner.  Mulligan's goal was good as was Meehan's.

From a personal perspective, Oisin's goal against Na Fianna in the 2000 final was pretty special.

I think some lad Feely or something like that scored a goal against the Dubs a few years ago in some nothing match which was pretty handy :P

TacadoirArdMhacha

Didn't Ciaran McManus score a goal from a ridiculous distance (meaning to do it) in a Leinster championship match near the start of a decade? AZoffaly?

Eoin Bradley scored a great goal in the qualifiers a couple of years back.

Low profile match but Kevin O'Rourke scored a cracking chipped goal for Armagh against Donegal in the McKenna Cup semi final this year.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Bogball XV

Hayes in a NFL final (possibly replay) against Dublin (?) in the early 90's was a clinker, bit like the Whelan goal v Armagh.  The O'Neill effort v Mayo was superb too, but it's hard to beat Bradley's v Down in 2005.

rrhf

I think Kevin Foleys goal against the Dubs in 91 was special, but the passionless celebration afterwards was even more impressive. 

Radioulster

stephen weep lawn in 1994 against armagh in omagh

panc56

Mulligans no question....Derek Duggans v Meath semi in 91 wasn't bad...then Joe Kavanaghs

under the bar

QuoteWas in Croker the day Mulligan scored against the Dubs in 2005 but I still maintain that was more down to inept defending than creativity.

Great to see the pain of 2005 is still etched on your mind.  ;D

QuoteMulligan would have never scored a goal like that against Armagh or any other team with a good defence

He never needed to.

Aghdavoyle

Tis foley's i assume

tyssam5

Quote from: whitey on July 03, 2009, 02:23:58 AM
Jimmy Burkes goal vs. the Rossies, 1989 Connaught Final replay

min 6.56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JseW7Haq9Gc

1989? why were they using cameras from 1949?