Horslips ride again

Started by Shamrock Shore, July 01, 2009, 10:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

No cigar drici, try again!  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

I actually travelled from Dublin with the lad Drici highlighted. He was one of the fellows who organised the original exhibition of memorabilia in Derry in 2004 that got the band back together on stage for the first time in 24 years.

gerrykeegan

SS Horslips on Radio Nova rock report tonight at 6 (in case you don't know...which is unlikely)
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Shamrock Shore

Thanks Gerry - didnt know.

Flogging the 'new' album obviously

<shameless plug>

</shamless plug>

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 17, 2011, 11:31:17 AM
Great stuff at the Fairport Convention Cropedy Festival last weekend.

On Sat Horslips played a blinder and had the crowd going mental - unusual for a folk hippy festival.

If you look closely Shamrock Shore can be seen on the big screen. The signing session afterwards was the longest in Cropedy history as the lads took 2 hours signing tshirts, albums, cds, pictures, posters and even a lady's lovely bottom. And yes, they all had lovely bottoms.

Cropedy was some place. 20,000 people, all chilled out, most sitting in chairs, drinking wine, beer, cider. Lots of children, dogs, drag queens, etc and not one hint of aggro or menace. A perfect venue for the auld lads on the board, like myself.

Are you wearing a cap or a hat SS ? Beginning to sound like i'm playing a game of guess who with my Kids .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Shamrock Shore

Neither. I wear glasses and have been going grey since I was 19. Look for the obvious accountants!

Shamrock Shore

Hardy

You know what they say - "if you can remember the seventies ..."

No, though, I wasn't at that one. It's great stuff - missed this when it was on d'telly.

Dougal Maguire

As far as I'm concerned the best Horslips album is Live at the O2  BTW does anyone out there have a live version of 'Letters from Home'
Careful now

Shamrock Shore

Dougal

Never heard a live version of that. Would imagine it never made it to the stage. Only the drummer would know as the rest of the band don't know what day of the week it is.

armaghniac

Horslips interview RTE radio today 10am with Miriam.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Shamrock Shore

Here is a link to videos of the songs they played on the show as well as the interview podcast link:

http://www.youtube.com/rteradio1

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/miriammeets/

ardchieftain

I see Barry Devlin is involved in the film based on the Tain. Hopefully he doesn't let them make a balix of it.

ardal

Jaysus folks, just googled "Dearg Doom" and translation.

Is it really "Red Doom" in English?, need it for a class in  about 6 hours.

Tanks

Shamrock Shore

Yes.

Eamon Carr was joining Dr. Doom from The Marvel Comics and Dearg from the bloodied red hand of Ulster. So Cuchulainn (spelling apologies) was Dearg Doom.

Here is a clip that might be of use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb1nCwbxAOs