Pre-season Soccer friendly....€60

Started by Tankie, June 29, 2009, 05:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 30, 2009, 08:31:49 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 30, 2009, 08:29:10 PM
I think €32.50 for a Hill ticket to watch Ireland take on the world champions is reasonable enough. When you compare it to some of the concert prices it certainly represents better value. I know a few lads who pay ridiculous amounts of money travelling over to the north of England every second weekend during the soccer season.

People moan and whinge about the GAA's prices but they but they compare well to other events. With the current economic climate they're likely to come down in price as well because people aren't as willing to part with their cash anymore which is understandable.
That's not bad but look at the rest of the prices.  ridiculous

People are willing to pay it though. With the success of Irish rugby this year they know well they'll be able to attract 70k+ for all matches with the possible exception of the Italy match.

They packed it out for England, France and the All Blacks last year when it was more expensive.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Tankie

Quote from: ludermor on June 30, 2009, 06:58:21 PM
How much are the rugby autumn internationals? I know there are some ranking points butmost of these games are meaningless friendlys as well.
Its not too often you get to see some of the worlds greatest players on your doorstep so while i wouldnt pay 60 quid to see them (and i do think it is expensive) im sure someone who is into soccer wil think its good value.
I have paid €137 for a ticket for U2 in a few weeks which is crazy money but i have never seen them before and might not again but for a one off it will prob be worth it

It is 32.50 - €70 for a ticket but a really comparing a full strengh Irish team v the Would Cup Charmion's to a bunch of very low level part-timers against Real Madraid in a pre-season friendly? International Rugby unlike soccer is the Highest standard of rugby with the most intensity.

and then the same prices for the 6nations championship which is the biggest international rugby tournament outside the World Cup.

And lets not forget all the money that the IRFU make is pumped back into the game in Ireland and not some Marketing/PR company or whoever they are...

Grand Slam Saturday!

ludermor

its a lot more than €70 for 6 nation games, but its each to their own.You might not want to see kaka or ronaldo but the poepl who want to see this game might not want to see McCaw/Habana.

Tankie

Quote from: ludermor on July 01, 2009, 09:45:55 AM
its a lot more than €70 for 6 nation games, but its each to their own.You might not want to see kaka or ronaldo but the poepl who want to see this game might not want to see McCaw/Habana.

6 Nations Wales/Italy/Scotland package: Premium - 285 Euro, Stand - 225 Euro, Terrace - 105 Euro, Schools - 30 Euro
-> sorry you are right its €75 for the stand and €35 for the Hill

I would love to see Kaka and Ronaldo but i think €40 would have been much more reasonable for a pre-season friendly.

Also I hope the welfare lad is on the door to see exactly who can afford to land out €60 for a pre-season friendly...   ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

I see this game is being televised live on Sky Sports
Its turning out to be a nice little money earner for Rovers
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ludermor

Wonder what they will get out of it though, is it not organsied by Platinum 1? Id imagine they will be creaming most of the profits

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 07, 2009, 09:44:09 PM
I see this game is being televised live on Sky Sports
Its turning out to be a nice little money earner for Rovers
Hopefully they don't pisses it all away again .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

magpie seanie

Personally I wouldn't pay €5 to go to see any pre-season soccer friendly but obviously loads of people are happy to part with €60 so good luck to them. They could probably have charged more. Its a glorious opportunity to make money and no-one can blame Shams for not capitalising. We'd better hopethey don't fold again cos there's no money out there to convert Tallaght to a GAA pitch.  ;)

RMDrive

Don't know how much the tickets were but seeing Finn Harps beat Ipswich would have been worth at least 3.25 if not 4.00 euros.

Declan

I'm usually against paying exhorbitant prices for meaningless pre-season games but must admit having bought 2 tickets as a birthday present for the young lad

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: RMDrive on July 08, 2009, 09:00:23 AM
Don't know how much the tickets were but seeing Finn Harps beat Ipswich would have been worth at least 3.25 if not 4.00 euros.

E15 at Finn Park last night.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tankie

I see Rovers are also playing Newcastle and Hibs but its only €15 for those games...i'd say Platinum One must be making a shitload of cash out of the Madrid game.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Rossfan

I heard Spongerovers are getting €25k and S Dublin Co Co are getting €0000000000000000000000000000.00.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublinfella

Quote from: Tankie on July 08, 2009, 04:34:46 PM
I see Rovers are also playing Newcastle and Hibs but its only €15 for those games...i'd say Platinum One must be making a shitload of cash out of the Madrid game.

Exactly. P1 will mint it on the TV rights if nothing else. Live in 9 countries I believe.

Rovers get a flat fee and any merchandise they can get out of the 10,500 punters there. Great publicity, a five figure match fee and a great day out for the fans at no risk to the club.

And the councellors get to hobknob with the Real Madrid people. Everyone wins.

dublinfella

Quote from: Rossfan on July 08, 2009, 05:58:33 PM
I heard Spongerovers are getting €25k and S Dublin Co Co are getting €0000000000000000000000000000.00.

Rubbish. P1 have to rent the ground - thats a four figure sum.