Pre-season Soccer friendly....€60

Started by Tankie, June 29, 2009, 05:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

i just read that tickets for the Rover v Real Madrid Pre-Season friendly are €60 each....are these boys having a laugh?

talking about taking the piss but it is sold out.....crazy stuff...but there are lads saying that this is good value.....  ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Watcher Pat

Seeing Ronaldo broke in 2....Priceless

Bit over the top alright for a friendly, but when again will you get the chance to see Ronaldo, Kaka et al
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on June 29, 2009, 05:56:20 PM
i just read that tickets for the Rover v Real Madrid Pre-Season friendly are €60 each....are these boys having a laugh?

talking about taking the piss but it is sold out.....crazy stuff...but there are lads saying that this is good value.....  ::)

What does it matter to you?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rossfan

Fools and their money are easy parted .  ;D ;D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Archie Mitchell

How much was a ticket to see the Dublin/Westmeath game yesterday?

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 29, 2009, 06:25:09 PM

::)  great point LL....useless...
Grand Slam Saturday!

Tankie

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on June 29, 2009, 06:01:44 PM
Seeing Ronaldo broke in 2....Priceless

Bit over the top alright for a friendly, but when again will you get the chance to see Ronaldo, Kaka et al

I understand what you are saying about seeing world class players but €60 for a pre-season friendly is way over the top imo...
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on June 29, 2009, 06:55:18 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 29, 2009, 06:25:09 PM

::)  great point LL....useless...

It was a question it wasn't a point being made...
So once again what does it matter to you?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

deiseach

Well, clearly they are not taking the piss because it's sold out!

Gabriel_Hurl

That's nothing - the cheapest tickets here were going for €90 - and the stadium is 20,000 seats.

Saying that, Madrid's appearance fee is in the range of €650K

dodo

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 29, 2009, 09:46:37 PM
That's nothing - the cheapest tickets here were going for €90 - and the stadium is 20,000 seats.

Capacity of ground going to be under 10,000

10,000 * €60 = €600,000  someone tell Rovers that the burger van better be busy.....maybe South Dublin CoCo can help out again !!

orangeman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 29, 2009, 09:46:37 PM

Cheap as chips.

nifan

The game wasnt arranged by rovers - platinum one approached them - so id assume rovers will def be getting something out of it.

Tankie

Quote from: deiseach on June 29, 2009, 09:31:27 PM

Well, clearly they are not taking the piss because it's sold out!

is that not the attitude that created a property bubble and is now a main factor to us now being in a deep reccession?
Grand Slam Saturday!

quit yo jibbajabba

dont wanna rain on anyones parade; figures aside, have any guarantees been made that the likes of kaka, ronaldo will be playin;

is there not a recent development that these big clubs announce friendlies, then when it happens its mainly reserve/youth players that turn up; with maybe 2 or 3 of the stars?

Hope ye's arent disappointed come the time