Ulster Football - The New Order

Started by Maguire01, June 28, 2009, 12:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMohan

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 28, 2009, 03:58:37 PM
Quote from: JMohan on June 28, 2009, 02:25:29 PM
League results are the refuge of desperation    ;D  ;D   ;D

We all acknowledge Championship is all that matters!
So what, we base everything on 1 game?
eh 2 ?  :P
lol!

JMohan

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 28, 2009, 04:01:58 PM
Quote from: JMohan on June 28, 2009, 02:58:17 PM
You have to put Antrim higher - they've produced it on Championship sundays - that's all that matters boys
Actually they've on produced it on one Sunday. Yesterday was Saturday.  :P Prior to these two matches, when was the last time they've produced it on a Championship Sunday (or Saturday)?

Anyway, they've produced the goods against a fading Donegal side and a brutal Cavan effort. I'm not trying to undermine Antrim's achievements - they've come on in leaps and bounds... but let's have a bit of perspective.
Fair enough if you want to look at league and McKenna cup - but the reality is that Championship is all that matters ... but anyway.

Maguire01

Quote from: JMohan on June 28, 2009, 04:11:37 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 28, 2009, 03:58:37 PM
Quote from: JMohan on June 28, 2009, 02:25:29 PM
League results are the refuge of desperation    ;D  ;D   ;D

We all acknowledge Championship is all that matters!
So what, we base everything on 1 game?
eh 2 ?  :P
lol!
I was referring to Armagh. They've played one game.

Maguire01

Quote from: JMohan on June 28, 2009, 04:13:14 PM
You have to put Antrim higher - they've produced it on Championship sundays - that's all that matters boys
Actually they've on produced it on one Sunday. Yesterday was Saturday.  :P Prior to these two matches, when was the last time they've produced it on a Championship Sunday (or Saturday)?

Anyway, they've produced the goods against a fading Donegal side and a brutal Cavan effort. I'm not trying to undermine Antrim's achievements - they've come on in leaps and bounds... but let's have a bit of perspective.
Fair enough if you want to look at league and McKenna cup - but the reality is that Championship is all that matters ... but anyway.
I'm basing nothing on the McKenna Cup - now you're taking the p*ss!

My point is that the 2009 Championship is young - it's hard to really get an good idea of where exactly some teams are at based on one or at most, two games. If the league is no help, do we go back to last year's Ulster Championship where Down beat Tyrone and Cavan beat Antrim? I don't think so.

JMohan

JMohan

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 28, 2009, 04:39:21 PM

My point is that the 2009 Championship is young - it's hard to really get an good idea of where exactly some teams are at based on one or at most, two games. If the league is no help, do we go back to last year's Ulster Championship where Down beat Tyrone and Cavan beat Antrim? I don't think so.
I'm just winding you up....

But you have to admit ... this year so far ... based on Championship results ...  Antrim are the second best team in Ulster!

If you go back to League it is different sure .... but let them have their day in the sun!

DennistheMenace

League football is rubbish in general.

JMohan

Quote from: hardstation on June 28, 2009, 04:42:33 PM
No Ulster team beat us in the league.
;)
Good stuff ... Gwan ye good thing!

Come on Maguire ... pressure is on ... :) change the order ... !

Maguire01

Quote from: JMohan on June 28, 2009, 04:41:34 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 28, 2009, 04:39:21 PM

I'm just winding you up....

But you have to admit ... this year so far ... based on Championship results ...  Antrim are the second best team in Ulster!

If you go back to League it is different sure .... but let them have their day in the sun!
Don't worry - i'm not taking it to heart!

But seriously, there was clearly one easy side of the draw. The 2 best teams don't necessarily make the Ulster Final - the best team from each side of the draw generally does.
As for Antrim - I was there last night cheering them on and am delighted they've reached the final. After Monaghan, then Fermanagh, i'd be backing Antrim all the way.

Maguire01

;)
That's because you were the only team bringing Division 4 shame on the province.  :P

Maguire01

Quote from: JMohan on June 28, 2009, 04:44:15 PM
;)
Good stuff ... Gwan ye good thing!

Come on Maguire ... pressure is on ... :) change the order ... !
Here, my order wasn't the definitive list - I was just getting the ball rolling, rather than starting a topic, asking a question and being accused of sitting on the fence!

fred the red

well whats peoples order now? Mine would be something like this:

Tyrone

Donegal
Derry/Antrim

Fermanagh/Monaghan

Down
Armagh
Cavan

eireogatron

Quote from: fred the red on July 23, 2009, 03:44:43 PM
well whats peoples order now? Mine would be something like this: