Brillant Scam

Started by bingobus, June 10, 2009, 04:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 10, 2009, 05:33:02 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 10, 2009, 04:25:34 PM
I know of a fella in a factory in Waterford..
His wages were roughly €450/week,what he use to do every friday lunch time was raffle his wages at €2 a ticket,there was over 400 employees in the factory and everyone of them use to buy a ticket off him so he'd usually come out with over €800 a week...  :)

If he raffled them then surely someone won his wages every week, so £800 - 450 = £350 to take home!! Hardly the worlds greatest scam, unless the workers were incrediably stupid and never asked if anyone won the raffle, but kept buy a ticket from him every week anyway!!

The Aristocrat Years

Bensars

Theres also the one about the fella from derry ( may be urban myth also) who had a contact at the Driving examination centre.

Apparently he charged £50 to anyone about to do their test and he would  pass their details to his contact. . He never disclosed the name of the so called examiner. If  someone failed the test he would claim that they must have got the wrong examiner and if they got a date for the retest he would pass the information on for free.
Anyone who passed was happy, anuone who failed got another go for free.

This apparently went on for years. By the law of averages with something like 66% pass first time he was on to a real winner.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 10, 2009, 06:49:08 PM
His wages were roughly €450/week,what he use to do every friday lunch time was raffle his wages at €2 a ticket,there was over 400 employees in the factory and everyone of them use to buy a ticket off him so he'd usually come out with over €800 a week...  :)

If he raffled them then surely someone won his wages every week, so £800 - 450 = £350 to take home!! Hardly the worlds greatest scam, unless the workers were incrediably stupid and never asked if anyone won the raffle, but kept buy a ticket from him every week anyway!!

:-[   :-[ OOOPS!! - I'll get my coat, its been a long week!!!
That was never a square ball!!

Tim Buzaglo

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 11, 2009, 11:20:53 AM

FFS Lads, read it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And think this time!
Will we ever see another one?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Tim Buzaglo on June 11, 2009, 02:52:48 PM

Tim, it was me that made the mistake - the others were merely pointing out that i am an idiot!!  :-\
That was never a square ball!!

Hollow Man

Both those stories are bullshit.
The first because there is no way he could work 23 years without a sick day etc. Just couldn't happen.
The second is because LaoisLad is a notoious bullshitter on here. Added in the semingly innocuous detail that the factory was in Waterford to make it sound more authentic - a common trick of shitetalkers the world over!!!

boojangles

Quote from: Hollow Man on June 11, 2009, 05:53:33 PM
Both those stories are bullshit.
The first because there is no way he could work 23 years without a sick day etc. Just couldn't happen.
The second is because LaoisLad is a notoious bullshitter on here. Added in the semingly innocuous detail that the factory was in Waterford to make it sound more authentic - a common trick of shitetalkers the world over!!!

Takes one to know one.

mylestheslasher

Hollow man - as gentle as ever in your rebute

muppet

Quote from: Tim Buzaglo on June 11, 2009, 02:52:48 PM

C'mon Tim, explain it for us.
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

I dont understand how no one in the factory queried that no one ever won the wages.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 11, 2009, 07:06:57 PM
I dont understand how no one in the factory queried that no one ever won the wages.

As far as I read it someone did win the wages and he held the £800 each week.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Real Laoislad

Who said they didn't?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on June 11, 2009, 07:11:17 PM

As far as I read it someone did win the wages and he held the £800 each week.

Bravo.

Jebus, that Catríona Ruane ahs a lot to answer for.
MWWSI 2017

The Watcher Pat

Was only trying to explain it to someone else...If you read the thread i caught on last nite!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME