Brillant Scam

Started by bingobus, June 10, 2009, 04:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Not sure if its an urban myth or not but brillant if true!! Seen it on another forum.....

Outside Bristol Zoo is the car park, with spaces for 150 cars and 8
coaches. It has been manned 6 days a week for 23 years by the same
charming and very polite car park attendant with the ticket machine. The
charges are £1 per car and £5 per coach.

On Monday 1 June, he did not turn up for work. Bristol Zoo management
phoned Bristol City Council to ask them to send a replacement parking
attendant.

The Council said "That car park is your responsibility." The Zoo said "The
attendant was employed by the City Council... wasn't he?" The Council said
"What attendant?"

Gone missing from his home is a man who has been taking daily the car park
fees amounting to about £400 per day for the last 23 years...!

JohnMitchellInman

6 day x 52 weeks x 23 years x £400/day = £2,870,400

Holy F*$k.

How would you get doing that for 23 yrs?

Did you get that from the daily Sport ?  ;)

INDIANA

In bits laughing at that- that is top notch.

The Real Laoislad

I know of a fella in a factory in Waterford..
His wages were roughly €450/week,what he use to do every friday lunch time was raffle his wages at €2 a ticket,there was over 400 employees in the factory and everyone of them use to buy a ticket off him so he'd usually come out with over €800 a week...  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

leenie

ya'd need some giraffes neck on ya to do something like that, bet he doesn't give a monkey's now.... though some would say he was a snake.......

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ludermor

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 10, 2009, 04:25:34 PM
His wages were roughly €450/week,what he use to do every friday lunch time was raffle his wages at €2 a ticket,there was over 400 employees in the factory and everyone of them use to buy a ticket off him so he'd usually come out with over €800 a week...  :)
That was pretty common over in england in the 70's. Its illegal now im sure

orangeman

That was a good one.  ;)

BennyHarp

If he raffled them then surely someone won his wages every week, so £800 - 450 = £350 to take home!! Hardly the worlds greatest scam, unless the workers were incrediably stupid and never asked if anyone won the raffle, but kept buy a ticket from him every week anyway!!
That was never a square ball!!

Archie Mitchell

He raffled 400 tickets at £2 each = £800. He gave his own wages of £450 as the prize meaning he was up £350 every week.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 10, 2009, 05:33:02 PM

If he raffled them then surely someone won his wages every week, so £800 - 450 = £350 to take home!! Hardly the worlds greatest scam, unless the workers were incrediably stupid and never asked if anyone won the raffle, but kept buy a ticket from him every week anyway!!

Why don't you have a think about it again :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

bingobus

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 10, 2009, 05:35:15 PM

Sweet lord, there'll be two red races "if" the pinky and the brain figure out what they just tyed.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: bingobus on June 10, 2009, 05:38:02 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 10, 2009, 05:35:15 PM

Sweet lord, there'll be two red races "if" the pinky and the brain figure out what they just tyed.

The Tyrone avatar speaks for itself on this one...
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Archie Mitchell

:D Its up there with Fearon booking the hotel for the wrong weekend.

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

Good man BennyHarp :) I think you need to do your maths again. Good scam all the same what factory in Waterford was it LL?
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

muppet

;D ;D ;D ;D

If no one ever won the raffle he would have kept his wages of €450 and kept the €800 raffle money.

Less of the Harp Benny.

MWWSI 2017