Are the Dubs still Cheeky?

Started by Dinny Breen, June 02, 2009, 08:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Their first game this weekend, just thought I'd throw it out there.....
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

They are not that cheeky this year for some reason.
Give it time.  ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

DUBSFORSAM1

Will just copy Leinster's example in the rugby....scrape through early...let all the hype build around Tyrone/Kerry (Munster/Leicster) and sneak through at the end... ;D

Dinny Breen

Speaking of Leinster Rugby Franno was in the Tribune referring to the Dublin Football team as the new Ladyboys  ;D

The Dublin Ladyboys does have a certain ring to it....
#newbridgeornowhere

rrhf

Im worried.  Theres no hype, for the first time in 10 years.  When theres no hype the Dubs are dangerous under the radar.  In fact I have no doubt they will win the all ireland this year - what a boost that would be for everyone.   

heffo

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 02, 2009, 10:36:49 AM
Speaking of Leinster Rugby Franno was in the Tribune referring to the Dublin Football team as the new Ladyboys  ;D

The Dublin Ladyboys does have a certain ring to it....

I think it was Padraig Clancy who last referred to the Dublin footballers as ladyboys about three years ago in an interview with the Laois nationalist - he was last seen sloping out of Croke park on the back of a fifteen point defeat that day :)

Hound

Dunno about the Dublin lads being cheeky, but the Kildare lads are getting fair cocky...

full back

Dont fear lads
Once/If the Dubs get a win under their belts the hype will start again

It is kind of part of the Summer now
Dubs get hyped, then get knocked back down - good times

Dinny Breen

QuoteDunno about the Dublin lads being cheeky, but the Kildare lads are getting fair cocky...

We're going to win Leinster, do you not realise........

.....1st Leinster win in 5 years can do that to you.....
#newbridgeornowhere

Gnevin

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 02, 2009, 11:34:04 AM
QuoteDunno about the Dublin lads being cheeky, but the Kildare lads are getting fair cocky...

We're going to win Leinster, do you not realise........

.....1st Leinster win in 5 years can do that to you.....

Jasus the flour bags have the chests up very early this year.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

talktothehand

i think the dubs are capable of beating one of the favourites but don't know if they can go the whole way. a dublin/galway all ireland semi would be a great game though(provided both win their provincials) still missing a few'natural' gaelic footballers to win sam i think.  i'm heading down on sunday and hope to god the dubs beat meath. as a tyrone fan i will never forgive meath for that semi in 1996 and as sun tsu would say 'my enemy's enemy is my friend'

Jinxy

Quote from: talktothehand on June 02, 2009, 01:12:49 PM
i think the dubs are capable of beating one of the favourites but don't know if they can go the whole way. a dublin/galway all ireland semi would be a great game though(provided both win their provincials) still missing a few'natural' gaelic footballers to win sam i think.  i'm heading down on sunday and hope to god the dubs beat meath. as a tyrone fan i will never forgive meath for that semi in 1996 and as sun tsu would say 'my enemy's enemy is my friend'

:-*
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Quote from: Jinxy on June 02, 2009, 01:43:25 PM
Quote from: talktothehand on June 02, 2009, 01:12:49 PM

:-*

Dont forget 2007 either  ;)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

talktothehand

i'd forgotten about 2007. all ireland celebrations have a funny effect on the memory ;D

ziggysego

Quote from: talktothehand on June 02, 2009, 03:53:16 PM
i'd forgotten about 2007. all ireland celebrations have a funny effect on the memory ;D

Greencastle's?
Testing Accessibility