Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Sould the title of this thread be changed to 'Ulster Final'?

ziggysego

Quote from: EC Unique on June 17, 2009, 04:06:51 PM
Sould the title of this thread be changed to 'Ulster Final'?

Why? It's only the Semi-Final.
Testing Accessibility

Onion Bag

No way, I have my eye on Antrim, they have a spring in their steps, it would be interesting to see Antrim and Derry in the Final, with the Bradley connection, Paddy and Eoin getting food posining all of a sudden from their Fathers cooking the night before the match
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Fuzzman

I'd say there was some crack in their house last Sunday ngiht & it could be even better this Sunday  >:(

EC Unique

I know most people will hold their cards close to their chest in these sorts of matches but as a Tyrone fan I am going to be honest and say what I think..... I think Tyrone will win this match easy by 5+ points.  Even if Derry had a full squad available Tyrone would be too strong but they are far from full strength. Tyrone are as injury free as they have been in years and are in a determined mood. Derry have a few great players one of which is suspended but their squad strength is no where near Tyrone's and in the modern game it takes 18 - 20 players to win not just a couple of 'stars'.

It would be a massive shock to me if Tyrone do not win this game convincingly.

DennistheMenace

Fancy Tyrone by 4/5 myself as much as I hate to admit it.

We're missing key players in key position, think we'll huff and puff for 25 minutes but eventually run out of steam.

Fuzzman

I think if Tyrone's forward line improves a lot from the Armagh match then we should win but you just don't know how Derry will perform.

If big Sean lifts his performance I think we should do well

SidelineKick

Quote from: EC Unique on June 17, 2009, 05:02:13 PM
I know most people will hold their cards close to their chest in these sorts of matches but as a Tyrone fan I am going to be honest and say what I think..... I think Tyrone will win this match easy by 5+ points.  Even if Derry had a full squad available Tyrone would be too strong but they are far from full strength. Tyrone are as injury free as they have been in years and are in a determined mood. Derry have a few great players one of which is suspended but their squad strength is no where near Tyrone's and in the modern game it takes 18 - 20 players to win not just a couple of 'stars'.

Have to agree with this.  it will start out like any championship game does and will be tight, maybe even to half time with tyrone up by a couple.  A defining moment like a sending off for Derry or  Tyrone goal will get Tyrone on their way to a 5/6 point win.  Not very comfortable but with a bit left in the tank if they need it. Thats my honest opinion on how it will go.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Hotrocks

There is no doubting Cassidy will have the methods for it but will he have the men for it, be it tactically or physically i just dont see it.  Tyrone by 4 with the Bradleys keeping Derry close.

High Wide and Handsome

Unfortunately it will be tyrone by a goal. A lead they will build up by half way through 2nd half a cruise to victory with that cushion. I think Derry will give it a good go though and show their is plenty of depth and strenght in the county. After all we are missing a good half team of players.

Doire Abu
"Swing er over!"

redhandluke

Question - with U16s going free, do they need to produce any sort of ID, and is there any limit to numbers of kids per adult?

orangeman

Stop the bus lads  -

Tyrone just about managed to beat Armagh. Armagh are not in the same league as Derry. Derry are much, much better than Armagh.

How do we work out that Tyrone should beat Derry 5+ points if they can't beat Armagh by the same margin ?.

SidelineKick

Quote from: redhandluke on June 17, 2009, 06:26:21 PM
Question - with U16s going free, do they need to produce any sort of ID, and is there any limit to numbers of kids per adult?

Yes to both.

U16's must show a valid driving license.

Adults can only take 2 children with them, the rest must be left at home.

Reported.

SidelineKick

Quote from: orangeman on June 17, 2009, 06:36:08 PM

Stop the bus lads  -

Tyrone just about managed to beat Armagh. Armagh are not in the same league as Derry. Derry are much, much better than Armagh.

How do we work out that Tyrone should beat Derry 5+ points if they can't beat Armagh by the same margin ?.

1) They aren't much much better.  They are roughly the same, maybe slightly better.
2) They have injuries / suspensions that have seriously hampered their ability to make a serious challenge in this game.

Reported.

EC Unique

Quote from: orangeman on June 17, 2009, 06:36:08 PM

Stop the bus lads  -

The Derry team that will field on Sunday are no better than Armagh and I expect Tyrone to play better than against Armagh..

Next.