Man killed after Rangers win the title - looks like we're never going to learn ?

Started by orangeman, May 25, 2009, 10:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Mick Fealty from Slugger is now the definitive authority on local dialect now? Whatever next - Google and Wiki being the ultimate authority for internet discussion forums. Oh wait...

full back

Most of your posts bore me to death eg (interesting points in some of them but so long)

Can you tell me what you think about what happened this poor man, without going off on one?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 04, 2009, 04:10:44 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 04, 2009, 03:59:02 PM
still banging the whataboutery/equalisation drum

typical.

still a disgrace.
In my replies to you (and Longrunsthefox, btw), I have taken great care to state my position clearly and unmistakeably. Yet you consistently ignore the points I make, even when directly and pointedly in response to your posts, choosing instead to resort to cheap, repetitive and (effectively) meaningless jibes like "whataboutery", "equalisation", "typical" or "disgrace".

If you cannot or will not engage in proper debate, then I suggest you leave it there, since every interjection by you just shows you up.  ::)
long posts dont necessarily mean correct content (as we know you are very poor on given all your other 'musings' )

there is no 'debate' here, certainl not from yourself!

just a sad attempt at an equalisation to gloss over a mans death

pebble-dasher

I do not know how someone could compare the brutal murder of an innocent man by hate filled loyalists to the execution of members of the British war machine at masserene. 
When was the last time an innocent member of the protestant community was  beaten to death unless by one of their own. 

Evil Genius

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 04, 2009, 04:28:47 PM

typical.

still a disgrace.
In my replies to you (and Longrunsthefox, btw), I have taken great care to state my position clearly and unmistakeably. Yet you consistently ignore the points I make, even when directly and pointedly in response to your posts, choosing instead to resort to cheap, repetitive and (effectively) meaningless jibes like "whataboutery", "equalisation", "typical" or "disgrace".

If you cannot or will not engage in proper debate, then I suggest you leave it there, since every interjection by you just shows you up.  ::)

You state clearly and then throw some other atrocity in  like, ah but other side is the same.. wat the f** is that about? 
Although I brought you into this post tangentially, it was clearly directed at Lynchbhoy.

I addressed your post directly in my other post, #195. Why don't you answer that one? Was it too difficult?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: Donagh on June 04, 2009, 04:35:29 PM
Mick Fealty from Slugger is now the definitive authority on local dialect now? Whatever next - Google and Wiki being the ultimate authority for internet discussion forums. Oh wait...
When first Pints, then Lynchbhoy, accused me of "Whataboutery", it seemed clear to me that they were misusing/misunderstanding the term. LB continued to do so, even when challenged. So I provided him with what I understand to be the correct definition, as it happens from "Slugger".

If my/Slugger's definition is incorrect, why not tell me how, rather than making snidey wee remarks which serve only to deflect from the point of debate?
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: full back on June 04, 2009, 04:36:36 PM
Most of your posts bore me to death eg (interesting points in some of them but so long)

Can you tell me what you think about what happened this poor man, without going off on one?

I thought I had already stated my view quite clearly in previous posts, but if you do not/will not care to re-read them, I'll repeat myself.

Namely, what happened to Mr. McDaid, his Family and Neighbours etc was an utterly unjustifiable, barbarous and atrocious attack which should be condemned without reservation or equivocation by every decent person. I hope that all the scumbags responsible are caught, tried and found guilty, before being sentenced to serve the rest of their natural life behind bars.

Further, in so far as the perpetrators consider themselves to be "Loyalists", I want to make it clear that they were not acting in my name, or that of my community. In fact, it is especially incumbent upon any member of my community who knows anything about it to give his/her full co-operation to the PSNI.

I don't know what else I can add, only to express my sincere sympathy to the victims, in the hope that they get justice and relief.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 04, 2009, 04:39:53 PM

typical.

still a disgrace.

long posts dont necessarily mean correct content (as we know you are very poor on given all your other 'musings' )

In your post #191, you accused me of "Whataboutery", "Equalisation" and of being a "Disgrace".

I replied clearly and directly to this with my post #193.

In your post #194, you merely repeated the jibes of your original post, without making any attempt to debate or rebut the points which I was making.

Now you're at it again - mere slogans and soundbites, like a Parrot with a sore beak.

I have expressed my opinions on the whole, dreadful McDaid murder clearly and at length. I don't expect many (any?) people to agree with my point of view, but I am prepared to debate them with those who do me the courtesy of a considered and direct reply.

You don't even come close to that category, yet you disparage my debating ability.

Frankly, I find it astonishing that someone can be at once so opinionated and so unselfconscious.  ::)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: pebble-dasher on June 04, 2009, 05:17:07 PM
I do not know how someone could compare the brutal murder of an innocent man by hate filled loyalists to the execution of members of the British war machine at masserene. 
When was the last time an innocent member of the protestant community was  beaten to death unless by one of their own. 
And there, in 50-odd words, is the very definition of all of the problems which our poor, benighted island has had to face down the years.

How ironic that you managed to achieve this in exactly the opposite way to that which you imagine...  :o

Perhaps I should Congratulate you, except that you would doubtless completely misunderstand that, too.  ::)

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Roger

Quote from: pebble-dasher on June 04, 2009, 05:17:07 PM
:o :(

Rossfan

EG - what's your opinion of the fact that NOT ONE UNIONIST politician attended Mr McDaid's funeral?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Evil Genius

Quote from: Rossfan on June 04, 2009, 09:17:09 PM
EG - what's your opinion of the fact that NOT ONE UNIONIST politician attended Mr McDaid's funeral?
Without knowing exactly the reasons of all of the local representatives, I am slightly reluctant to draw an across-the-board conclusion. That said, I can conceive of no good reason why at least some weren't there.

Consequently I fear that since the funeral coincided with the run-up to elections, the local reps may have made a cold calculation that the "hardest of hardliners" would attempt to use photos of, say, Unionist reps passing tricolours, bunting and graffiti etc on their way to the funeral, to smear them.

If that should be the case, then I'd have to say it's pretty shameful. Expressing ones outrage at such events, and showing solidarity with innocent victims, ought to take priority over mere electoral gain.

P.S. The thought occurs that there might just have been an element of intimidation of politicians going on here, too, since we have already seen the of intimidation of witnesses and the Court?
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

full back

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 04, 2009, 06:30:48 PM
Quote from: full back on June 04, 2009, 04:36:36 PM

I thought I had already stated my view quite clearly in previous posts, but if you do not/will not care to re-read them, I'll repeat myself.

Namely, what happened to Mr. McDaid, his Family and Neighbours etc was an utterly unjustifiable, barbarous and atrocious attack which should be condemned without reservation or equivocation by every decent person. I hope that all the scumbags responsible are caught, tried and found guilty, before being sentenced to serve the rest of their natural life behind bars.

Further, in so far as the perpetrators consider themselves to be "Loyalists", I want to make it clear that they were not acting in my name, or that of my community. In fact, it is especially incumbent upon any member of my community who knows anything about it to give his/her full co-operation to the PSNI.

I don't know what else I can add, only to express my sincere sympathy to the victims, in the hope that they get justice and relief.

Fair play eg

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 04, 2009, 06:47:22 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 04, 2009, 04:39:53 PM

typical.

still a disgrace.

In your post #191, you accused me of "Whataboutery", "Equalisation" and of being a "Disgrace".

I replied clearly and directly to this with my post #193.

In your post #194, you merely repeated the jibes of your original post, without making any attempt to debate or rebut the points which I was making.

Now you're at it again - mere slogans and soundbites, like a Parrot with a sore beak.

I have expressed my opinions on the whole, dreadful McDaid murder clearly and at length. I don't expect many (any?) people to agree with my point of view, but I am prepared to debate them with those who do me the courtesy of a considered and direct reply.

You don't even come close to that category, yet you disparage my debating ability.

Frankly, I find it astonishing that someone can be at once so opinionated and so unselfconscious.  ::)
your reply doesnt detract from the 'equalisation'

lengthy posts that dont constitute the square root of feck all as they have no 'content'.

sympathies for the man killed is noble, but diluted completely because of your equalising.

no amount of 'posts'/explanations/grasping at definitions etc etc' can rectify that.

there is no debate here !

Evil Genius

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 05, 2009, 11:24:01 AM
there is no debate here !
Actually there is, it just doesn't involve you, since you refuse to engage with considered opinions which you don't like or agree with, preferring instead to trade in ad hominem attacks and meaningless and repetitive soundbites.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"