Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Gaffer

Armagh v Dublin 2002. All Ireland Semi . Today at 1.30pm
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

muppet

Quote from: Gaffer on December 05, 2010, 11:35:14 AM
Armagh v Dublin 2002. All Ireland Semi . Today at 1.30pm

I wonder does Cossie do much posting these days?
MWWSI 2017

DuffleKing

Pulsating game. Remember the wild atmosphere dancing in the hogan stand after it.

From an armagh perspective:
McDonnell kicked 2 wonder points but missed some handy ones.
John Mc was a very smooth operator.
McGrane is a machine.
McGeeney & O'Rourke won massive bb and tackles.
2, 3 & 4 were badly run around all day.
Quality of armagh's kick passing stands out.

Jinxy

Dessie was a passenger for the dubs by this stage.
Collins gave Dublin every chance of getting the draw.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

bigfrank

just after watchin game there...forgot about mckeevers joe sheridan type goal..he quite clearly throws it to the net...so louth and dublin do have somethin in common lol.....also thought collins had a horrible game...made some horrible calls against the dubs i thought at stages...and im a neutral!

Stevy from killeavy was a class act 8 years ago and still is...scary how these players keep appearing every year at the top of their game....class is permanent i guess!!!

Jinxy

Collins is the only ref I can think of that would regularly have BOTH sets of fans baying for blood by the end of the game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: bigfrank on December 05, 2010, 03:00:44 PM
just after watchin game there...forgot about mckeevers joe sheridan type goal..he quite clearly throws it to the net...so louth and dublin do have somethin in common lol.....also thought collins had a horrible game...made some horrible calls against the dubs i thought at stages...and im a neutral!

Stevy from killeavy was a class act 8 years ago and still is...scary how these players keep appearing every year at the top of their game....class is permanent i guess!!!

The ref was awarding a penalty anyway though.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bigfrank

im sure he was..either way was wrong call to let it stand in a way...dubs responded in great fashion with whelan goal...just didnt have the know how to see game out.....

Donkeywalloper

Quote from: Jinxy on December 05, 2010, 03:12:43 PM
Collins is the only ref I can think of that would regularly have BOTH sets of fans baying for blood by the end of the game.

Some very handy frees alright. The Dubs threw it away (again) 2  points up with about 6 -7 minutes to go.

Mc Geeney was immense in the last 10 minutes, however overall the folklore i have heard in the last 8 years regarding this team is somewhat nostalgic. Enjoyed their day in the sun but average overall. They wouldnt touch Kerry or Tyrone. In 20 or 30 years they will be hardly be remembered outside Armagh.

lynchbhoy

jeez, i'd have thought you had heard of tommy howard !

Bogball XV

Quote from: Donkeywalloper on December 06, 2010, 10:23:20 AM

Some very handy frees alright. The Dubs threw it away (again) 2  points up with about 6 -7 minutes to go.

Mc Geeney was immense in the last 10 minutes, however overall the folklore i have heard in the last 8 years regarding this team is somewhat nostalgic. Enjoyed their day in the sun but average overall. They wouldnt touch Kerry or Tyrone. In 20 or 30 years they will be hardly be remembered outside Armagh.
I thought they were a more impressive side in the couple of years after winning, before that, I wasn't overly impressed.
We can thank the the two brian's all the same for changing the face of gaelic football forever with the introduction of the 2 man attack and the blanket defence in 1999.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Bogball XV on December 06, 2010, 02:53:57 PM
Quote from: Donkeywalloper on December 06, 2010, 10:23:20 AM

I thought they were a more impressive side in the couple of years after winning, before that, I wasn't overly impressed.
We can thank the the two brian's all the same for changing the face of gaelic football forever with the introduction of the 2 man attack and the blanket defence in 1999.

They wouldn't touch either Kerry or Tyrone according to you yet their championship record against both counties between 2000 and 2006 reads;

V Kerry: Won 1, Drawn 1, Lost 2

V Tyrone: Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 2

Hardly "untouchable."
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

lynchbhoy

[/quote]
I take it you are taking the p**s about the two brians introducing the 2 man attack (FF line) in 1999....
it was about long before that !

Bogball XV

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 06, 2010, 03:10:12 PM
I take it you are taking the p**s about the two brians introducing the 2 man attack (FF line) in 1999....
it was about long before that !
[/quote]
two men in the opposition half was how they played it, i'm sure the tactic of crowding the defence was around, but imo they popularised it and showed how it could make a team successful.