Mayo v Roscommon - Connacht SFC Semi-Final, June 20, Venue TBC

Started by RedandGreenSniper, May 13, 2009, 09:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Ye HAVEN'T BATE US in Castlebar in my lifetime. Hopefully that won't change and I'll live to be a ripe ould age! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

The flame still burns

I don't think Conor Mort or Tom Parsons will start on Saturday. Here's my stab at the team. Trying to second guess O'Mahony is a road riddled with danger though!

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/2009/06/16/are-parsons-and-conor-mort-under-pressure/

Bod Mor

Quote from: kevmy on June 16, 2009, 11:24:08 AM
Quote from: muppet on June 15, 2009, 12:45:47 PM
Quote from: Bod Mor on June 15, 2009, 12:31:01 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 15, 2009, 12:11:42 AM

Kenneth O'Malley
Liam O'Malley David heaney ,James nallen
Peadar Gardiner Trevor Howley  K higgins
Ronan McGarrity Tom Parsons
andy moran Aidan O'Shea ,Aidan Kilcoyne
CMort  Barry MOran, AOM

Spot on ros but throw in Dermot Geraghty in place of Liam O'Malley and I reckon that's the team.

What have you heard?

Cafferkey will be at the edge of the square and he will have his hands full with Kilbride. Can't see Nallen stating but we'll probably see him at some stage.

Unlikely dermot will feature - not playing for club due to injury so parachuting him back into the county team would be more than a surprise

Lads that was a sarcastic comment by me in response to ros.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

moysider

Quote from: Bod Mor on June 16, 2009, 11:58:35 PM
Quote from: kevmy on June 16, 2009, 11:24:08 AM
Quote from: muppet on June 15, 2009, 12:45:47 PM
Quote from: Bod Mor on June 15, 2009, 12:31:01 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 15, 2009, 12:11:42 AM

Kenneth O'Malley
Liam O'Malley David heaney ,James nallen
Peadar Gardiner Trevor Howley  K higgins
Ronan McGarrity Tom Parsons
andy moran Aidan O'Shea ,Aidan Kilcoyne
CMort  Barry MOran, AOM

Spot on ros but throw in Dermot Geraghty in place of Liam O'Malley and I reckon that's the team.

What have you heard?

Cafferkey will be at the edge of the square and he will have his hands full with Kilbride. Can't see Nallen stating but we'll probably see him at some stage.

Unlikely dermot will feature - not playing for club due to injury so parachuting him back into the county team would be more than a surprise

Lads that was a sarcastic comment by me in response to ros.

I m amazed some took you up on the level. On a more serious note I m having trouble digesting Flames post after coming home from a damn good jazz session.

prewtna

Quote from: Bod Mor on June 16, 2009, 07:52:42 AM
Quote from: prewtna on June 16, 2009, 07:28:09 AM

does anyone know if the match is on tv in sydney? if its live itll be a hoor of a time to have to watch it. but what can ya do!

Yeah it's live on Setanta sports Oz. 2AM throw in. I'm sure it'll be on in cheers, Paddy McGuires and Scruffy's.

great stuff. just checked cheers website, tis on there alright not sure about paddy maguires or scruffys but i wouldnt watch it in scruffys anyway, bit of a kip!

stephenite

Quote from: prewtna on June 17, 2009, 04:10:00 AM

does anyone know if the match is on tv in sydney? if its live itll be a hoor of a time to have to watch it. but what can ya do!

Yeah it's live on Setanta sports Oz. 2AM throw in. I'm sure it'll be on in cheers, Paddy McGuires and Scruffy's.

great stuff. just checked cheers website, tis on there alright not sure about paddy maguires or scruffys but i wouldnt watch it in scruffys anyway, bit of a kip!

Complete kip - it's been a while since I've headed into the city to watch a game but if the match clashes with another sporting occasion like a Lions match the GAA will be relegated to one of the smaller screens in Cheers. Paddy's would be the best bet I'd say, but like I said, it's been a while since I've ventured out as I prefer the comfort of my own couch!

prewtna

Quote from: stephenite on June 17, 2009, 04:33:39 AM
Quote from: prewtna on June 17, 2009, 04:10:00 AM

Complete kip - it's been a while since I've headed into the city to watch a game but if the match clashes with another sporting occasion like a Lions match the GAA will be relegated to one of the smaller screens in Cheers. Paddy's would be the best bet I'd say, but like I said, it's been a while since I've ventured out as I prefer the comfort of my own couch!

agreed paddys is probably the best bet, i must call in to them today and see what the story is.

your lucky enough to have setanta sports then. im just back here for a couple of weeks so im between addresses! had setanta when i was here before and it works out a mile cheaper to get setanta then having to go watch anything in the pub. 2am is a fairly decent hour compared to 4am or stupid o'clock in the morning so this time round its not too bad. so all in all im looking forward to it. itll be my first time seeing this version of the mayo team play this year, had to use my imagination when 'watching' them play on MWR against new york.

venter

What time is throw in on saturday? Will they be selling tickets at Mchale park?

My team for sat:

K O Malley

T Howley
G Cafferkey
K Mcloughlin

P Gardiner
D Heaney
A Moran

T Parsons
R McGarrity

T Mort
P Harte
A Dillon

C Mort
A O'Shea
B Moran

GBXII

Quote from: The flame still burns on June 16, 2009, 11:15:39 PM
I don't think Conor Mort or Tom Parsons will start on Saturday. Here's my stab at the team. Trying to second guess O'Mahony is a road riddled with danger though!

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/2009/06/16/are-parsons-and-conor-mort-under-pressure/

If Parsons and Mortimer aren't going to start on Saturday they must be playing some awful stuff altogether in training, they have easily been two of our best players of the last couple of years. You are obviously more informed however. I think it would be a serious risk to start Kilcoyne over Mort as Mort is a reliable free taker from the right and Kilcoyne has proven that he is one of those players more effective when coming off the bench. Heaney ahead of Parsons, well only if Parsons is playing really bad but hope Parsons starts because I think he's a top player.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: GBXII on June 17, 2009, 02:12:23 PM
If Parsons and Mortimer aren't going to start on Saturday they must be playing some awful stuff altogether in training, they have easily been two of our best players of the last couple of years. You are obviously more informed however. I think it would be a serious risk to start Kilcoyne over Mort as Mort is a reliable free taker from the right and Kilcoyne has proven that he is one of those players more effective when coming off the bench. Heaney ahead of Parsons, well only if Parsons is playing really bad but hope Parsons starts because I think he's a top player.

There's a story in the Indo this morning that Parsons has a groin strain, so that's why he's doubtful. Conor hurt his hand talking a few weeks ago but I would have thought he'd be patched up by now?

A man could go nuts trying to figure it all out. We might be as well to wait for the team announcement tonight. If it bloody is tonight, of course.  ???

kevmy

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on June 17, 2009, 02:22:01 PM
Quote from: GBXII on June 17, 2009, 02:12:23 PM

There's a story in the Indo this morning that Parsons has a groin strain, so that's why he's doubtful. Conor hurt his hand talking a few weeks ago but I would have thought he'd be patched up by now?

A man could go nuts trying to figure it all out. We might be as well to wait for the team announcement tonight. If it bloody is tonight, of course.  ???

Well Mort's hand is ok now I'd say he played a bit of the club championship a few weeks ago and played the full game in the league against Ballina as well as half in one of those challenge games (I think?). So he should be fit enough.

Agreed that it would be a big risk to Kilcoyne over Mort from the start. Also people are saying Parsons didn't have a good league - they must have being watching a different league to me. He spent a good bit of time on the bench due to U21 games yet every time he came on he improved the midfield usually with Harte going to half forward and him coming in around the middle.

blast05

Lads, anyone know what the story is with the season tickets - i.e.: scan into the ground for a seat in the new stand or get bog standard tickets in the post or indeed some other scenario  ....... they may already have been posted but have been away for last week and not back til Friday so good to know now if i should go looking for a stand ticket now if only enetitled to a bog standard one........

ildanach

season ticket just gets you into the ground not the new stand
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

kevmy

You bring the season ticket and it will be scanned on the way in.

It says it gets you into the stand but I don't know if the stand is finished or if anyone is allowed in there at all.

Farrandeelin

Do you have to go to the stand with a season ticket? I much prefer being across from the stand at matchdays. Haven't been in the stand since I got a dose of tonsilitis when we were playing Sligo a good few years ago now. Got the tonsils out since as well! ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.