Champions League Final 2009: Manchester United vs Barcelona.Wed 27th May. Rome.

Started by EC Unique, May 05, 2009, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: Main Street on May 29, 2009, 01:59:05 PM
He made contact with VDS and limped out of it.
What's the deal about that?
Run of the mill stuff in a game, nothing contrived about it.

He didnt limp out of it, he went down looking the ball put out of play.
When he realised this wasnt going to happen, he was back outside his own box in a matter of seconds.
He then went down again when the ball went out of play. When he realised he had to go off the field to get 'treatment' the injury miraculously cleraed up

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: full back on May 29, 2009, 02:03:31 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 29, 2009, 01:59:05 PM
He made contact with VDS and limped out of it.
What's the deal about that?
Run of the mill stuff in a game, nothing contrived about it.

He didnt limp out of it, he went down looking the ball put out of play.
When he realised this wasnt going to happen, he was back outside his own box in a matter of seconds.
He then went down again when the ball went out of play. When he realised he had to go off the field to get 'treatment' the injury miraculously cleraed up

Maybe it was because he was in Rome and Pope might be a Barcelona fan  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Main Street

A trivial incident in a game where Puyol played superbly, a great defender who lends plenty to the Barcelona attacking game.

Full Back, you wouldn't happen to be a Man follower?
I am completly neutral in these matters not blinded at all by subjectivity :)

full back

I didnt say he didnt play well
I was pointing out the playacting

Yes, I am a Utd fan. Doesnt mean it didnt happen

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Off The Fence on May 29, 2009, 02:31:28 PM
Any more jokes?

- For Sale: 150,000 printed T-shirts (MAN UTD QUINTUPLE CUP WINNERS 2009)
Will make good dusters/oil rags 5p each.
Contact A. Ferguson.....or apply on line at www.over-confident-bastards.com

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

deiseach

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 28, 2009, 10:53:50 PM
Someone mentioned earlier about Barce's values, and the fact that they haven't 'hoored' out their jersey. I'll be honest, and say I am being a bit harsh here but this 'more than a club' thing sickens my hole.

Chelsea are more than a club to me, and I am sure likewise Lpool, United, Villa etc to whom it concerns.

I know what you mean. Every club has their mythology, but Barca's can be especially cloying. It's not as if they don't change their jersey as often as everyone else.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Off The Fence on May 29, 2009, 02:31:28 PM
Any more jokes?

Wayne Rooney has had a phone call from Harry Potter. He wants his invisible cloak back
You'll Never Walk Alone.

supersub

Quote from: deiseach on May 29, 2009, 03:39:41 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 28, 2009, 10:53:50 PM
Someone mentioned earlier about Barce's values, and the fact that they haven't 'hoored' out their jersey. I'll be honest, and say I am being a bit harsh here but this 'more than a club' thing sickens my hole.

Chelsea are more than a club to me, and I am sure likewise Lpool, United, Villa etc to whom it concerns.

I know what you mean. Every club has their mythology, but Barca's can be especially cloying. It's not as if they don't change their jersey as often as everyone else.

i agree, i think its more down to fans that make a club 'more than a club' rather than what they have or dont have on their jerseys! newcastle are just as much of a club as barca and they are after gettin relegated, but their fan base is superb whatever the weather!

Rossie11

QuoteSomeone mentioned earlier about Barce's values, and the fact that they haven't 'hoored' out their jersey. I'll be honest, and say I am being a bit harsh here but this 'more than a club' thing sickens my hole.

Even though you may consider Chelsea or your own team to be "More than a club to you" it in nothing compared to what Barca fans hold for their club.
Its Catalan nationism, the unity of the underdog and the oppression suffered downs the years that had build up the history/unity. Its far beyond soccer.

Historically chelsea or newcastle cant compare to their story.
I am a Pool fan but they are nothing more than a sports team I support to me.

DennistheMenace

Historically Chelsea can't compare to quite a few English clubs ffs.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: DennistheMenace on May 29, 2009, 10:11:44 PM

Considering Chelsea are over 100 years old, how do you figure that?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

Quote from: DennistheMenace on May 29, 2009, 10:11:44 PM
You do know there was football before 1993?