Champions League Final 2009: Manchester United vs Barcelona.Wed 27th May. Rome.

Started by EC Unique, May 05, 2009, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Hoof Hearted

anderson 13million ? the worst Brazilian ever seen since Stevie Wonder shaved his wifes box .
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Minder

deiseach

Quote from: Main Street on May 28, 2009, 04:30:26 PM
Catalan press poll on MOTM    170,000 voted

Messi 60,000
Iniesta 34,000
Xavi 30,000
Valdes 26,000
Pique 18,000
Puyol 12,000

Messi elected on the first count.

Pah. First past the post, not worth jack. Have they not heard of the single transferable vote?

Norf Tyrone

Someone mentioned earlier about Barce's values, and the fact that they haven't 'hoored' out their jersey. I'll be honest, and say I am being a bit harsh here but this 'more than a club' thing sickens my hole.

Chelsea are more than a club to me, and I am sure likewise Lpool, United, Villa etc to whom it concerns.

Anyhow I digress. Apparently Barce have UNICEF on their jersies to dilute any bite when they eventually 'hoor' out their jersies in the next season or two.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

They may well sell their jersey space in a few years as I have heard that too but the Unicef deal is to run for at least another 2/3 years.  I do think as a club they are an example to other soccer teams the world over.  Their fans actually have a say in what goes on and vote for the president (chairman) who controls transfers etc, they in effect own the club, that is the difference insofar as their right to be deemed 'more than a club'.  I am very impressed by how they do business and how they go about things, a great club mirrored only by AVFC in the EPL btw!!
There was a great documentary a few years ago around the time of Laporta's election, gave a great insight into how the club works.

corn02

Quote from: AbbeySider on May 28, 2009, 11:35:53 AM
Quote from: corn02 on May 28, 2009, 09:39:36 AM
Quote from: AbbeySider on May 28, 2009, 09:29:19 AM
Quote from: Cúig huaire on May 28, 2009, 01:02:09 AM
Thats right Rafa, we won it 5ive Times  :D :D :D
Actually only one
Eh?

Thats wrong Rafa.
Won What 5 times?
Ye have only won one Champions League title.
European cup was different tournament, different qualifications, different cup.

See five or six posts below yours and take a massive reddner.  :D

dodo

Quote from: Main Street on May 28, 2009, 04:30:26 PM
Catalan press poll on MOTM    170,000 voted

Messi 60,000
Iniesta 34,000
Xavi 30,000
Valdes 26,000
Pique 18,000
Puyol 12,000

Messi elected on the first count.

I demand a recount, 170,000 voted........180,000 votes counted.

Main Street

You guys are just too used to fraud and deception ;D

However the poll has a flexible closing time, the votes are still rolling in.

Openess and transparancy
http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/web/gen/20090527/encuesta_53712444002.html

MUNDODEPORTIVO.es

Viernes 29 de Mayo de 2009

Resultado.
Quién ha sido el mejor de la final?

Xavi| 35719    17 %
Iniesta| 39122   19 %
Valdés| 2905  1 %
Eto'o| 8407   4 %
Messi| 81212   39 %
Piqué| 19788   10 %
Puyol| 12705   6 %
Sylvinho| 6298  3 %

total votos| 206156

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 28, 2009, 08:45:23 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 28, 2009, 07:25:41 PM
Bloody phone has not stopped beep beeping all day... Ah well if you give it you have to be able to take it :D

Pity some of the other United fans on here couldn't take that same view  ::)

:D  :D Talk of irony & hypocrisy... wasn't the original Liverpool thread closed down?

... Ye would think Liverpool fans would be fit for a bit of abuse like! (You've been getting it long enough!)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on May 29, 2009, 08:42:58 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 28, 2009, 08:45:23 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 28, 2009, 07:25:41 PM
Bloody phone has not stopped beep beeping all day... Ah well if you give it you have to be able to take it :D

Pity some of the other United fans on here couldn't take that same view  ::)

:D  :D Talk of irony & hypocrisy... wasn't the original Liverpool thread closed down?

... Ye would think Liverpool fans would be fit for a bit of abuse like! (You've been getting it long enough!)

Did I close it?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stiffler

Just back from Rome, unreal experience....no ticket but got to watch the game in  a united supporters zone. Plenty of dodgy tickets floating around outside the stadium, i heard the going rate of the tickets were €1,000, the cheapest that i heard someone buy 1 for was €400.

Barcelona were worthy winners of the trophy (maybe Chelsea fans will contest this), however i believe that performance on Wednesday night cemented their place as the no 1 side in Europe.

The drinks ban put a bit of a dampner on things, though I suppose with no violence or disturbances of note in and around the city it can be said to have been a success.

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stiffler on May 29, 2009, 08:51:44 AM
Just back from Rome, unreal experience....no ticket but got to watch the game in  a united supporters zone. Plenty of dodgy tickets floating around outside the stadium, i heard the going rate of the tickets were €1,000, the cheapest that i heard someone buy 1 for was €400.

Barcelona were worthy winners of the trophy (maybe Chelsea fans will contest this), however i believe that performance on Wednesday night cemented their place as the no 1 side in Europe.

The drinks ban put a bit of a dampner on things, though I suppose with no violence or disturbances of note in and around the city it can be said to have been a success.

I'd imagine there was plenty of fans stung after buying fake tickets..
That be some kick in the nuts to hand over a few grand only to find out the tickets are dodge
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stiffler

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 29, 2009, 08:58:55 AM
Quote from: stiffler on May 29, 2009, 08:51:44 AM

I'd imagine there was plenty of fans stung after buying fake tickets..
That be some kick in the nuts to hand over a few grand only to find out the tickets are dodge

Yea would be gutting alright, I read in the paper yesterday that the attendance was 72,000, is that the capacity of the stadium? I thought it would have been around 80,000.

The tickets on general sale idea seems to be not working. It is most of these tickets that are being touted on.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009