Champions League Final 2009: Manchester United vs Barcelona.Wed 27th May. Rome.

Started by EC Unique, May 05, 2009, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: orangeman on May 28, 2009, 12:04:59 AM
Uniited picked a bad night to play their worse football of the season.

utd have played like this in a lot of games this year. its just that wigan, hull, stoke etc dont have messi, henry, iniesta and xavi. utd lost most of the big games against the big teams. they were able to beat the shit better than liverpool could. imo liverpol are a more complete side than utd - just unlucky that several home draws (the games that utd always seem to win at a canter) cost them dearly.

Chrisowc

Quote from: slow corner back on May 27, 2009, 11:35:10 PM
A whole lot of BS put up here tonight but fair enough only to be expected. As far as it goes from a Utds fans point of view we started well and conceded a bad goal. Midfield was poor all night only Carrick did anything and even he was very telegraphed at times. Ronnie played well I thought on limited enough supply. Lost the plot towards the finish but at least he showed some desire which was sadly missing elsewhere. The first goal was down to a por mistake from Vidic and VDS getting beat at his near post, not good  >:(. By the time the second goal went in we had four attackers and a midfield of Carrick and Giggs. Giigs is a true legend but not up to the pace of a champions league final at 35. The worst stasitic all night was when Giggs went off after 75 minutes having run 6.22 KM. A normal midfielder runs 10K in 80 mins. The guys a legend so I will not push the point but Fletcher and Hargreaves were sore losses to Utd tonight. In fairness to Barca their much criticised back four held the line well and their offside worked well. of the Utd players IMO only O Shea ( kept Henry quiet) Evra and Ronnie played up to form. There will undoubtedly be a lot of chat about how much better Messi is than Ronnie but I thought Ronnie was our main threat tonight and Messi was only dangerous in patches particularly when Utd were chasing the game.
Anyways if we win three trophies next season including the league I will be a happy bunny. Fair play to Barca for drawing level with Utd on 3 European cups. We will settle for a European record over three years that has 38 games and only two defeats.

As muddled as Utd's performance.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Armamike

They didn't have much of a choice. You can't play when you don't have the ball!
That's just, like your opinion man.

norabeag

Quote from: clarshack on May 28, 2009, 12:13:22 AM

utd have played like this in a lot of games this year. its just that wigan, hull, stoke etc dont have messi, henry, iniesta and xavi. utd lost most of the big games against the big teams. they were able to beat the shit better than liverpool could. imo liverpol are a more complete side than utd - just unlucky that several home draws (the games that utd always seem to win at a canter) cost them dearly.
Bollix. Utd won the premiership without breaking sweat. Home draws are not bad luck but bad play.
The league shows up the best team and although sometimes there are quirks of fortune you cannot put 11 premierships in 14 years or whatever down to luck.
L'pool get a sniff of second place and their supporters cream themselves  and all of a sudden they are world beaters.
Utd got beat on the night by a better team. end of.
No point saying what L'pool, Chelsea or whoever might have done . They were not there and United got turned over by a superior team who turned over Chelsea who turned over L'Pool

J70

Quote from: norabeag on May 28, 2009, 12:23:32 AM

Bollix. Utd won the premiership without breaking sweat. Home draws are not bad luck but bad play.
The league shows up the best team and although sometimes there are quirks of fortune you cannot put 11 premierships in 14 years or whatever down to luck.
L'pool get a sniff of second place and their supporters cream themselves  and all of a sudden they are world beaters.
Utd got beat on the night by a better team. end of.
No point saying what L'pool, Chelsea or whoever might have done . They were not there and United got turned over by a superior team who turned over Chelsea who turned over L'Pool

:D What Liverpool supporters are "creaming themselves" and declaring their side "world beaters"? Maybe your friends... if so, I'd suggest you find more realistic and intelligent acquaintances! 

ONeill

WANTED: Welder needed. Applications 2 Old Trafford, c/o Sir Alex Ferguson. Work entails welding roof back onto open top bus.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Treasurer

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 28, 2009, 12:00:22 AM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on May 27, 2009, 11:37:58 PM
Quote from: bingobus on May 27, 2009, 11:34:47 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 27, 2009, 11:31:31 PM
When Barca did not have a sponsor wasn;t there some deal with the Spanish King or something?

Doubt it, aren't Real Madrid the Royal team (bailed out by Gov/Royal family a few years back) and Barca don't even see themselves as Spanish?

They consider themselves Catalan..And play the anthem before every match....

Watched Barca play Derry City a few years ago and they played the Spanish Anthem before the match and some of the Barca fans were disgusted...Was like a insult to them....

Oh that is just classic I would loved to have been there to see that. :P Some of the Barca fans were insulted???? I would say it was all of them.

Fascinating club of immense importance to the Catalans, as it is about so much more than football.  A great read  is http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barca-Peoples-Passion-Jimmy-Burns/dp/0747545545/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243466995&sr=1-1

slow corner back

Utds record in europe over 3 seasons, 38 games played, 2 defeats, Milan in semi 2007 and Barca final 2009. Far and away the most consistent record in Europe and three EPL to add to it. Loserpool more complete, I dont think so, add up the trophies over the last three seasons and see where u get. Wear ur Barca shirt with pride cause ur loserpool, one will have to hang ion the back of the cupboard for a good while yet

GalwayBayBoy

Thing is I don't believe it was their worst football of the season. They've played fairly poorly in a lot of games but have rescued themselves with late goals or a bit of magic from Ronaldo or Rooney. Usually Ronaldo god bless him.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: slow corner back on May 28, 2009, 12:34:24 AM

Utds record in europe over 3 seasons, 38 games played, 2 defeats, Milan in semi 2007 and Barca final 2009. Far and away the most consistent record in Europe and three EPL to add to it. Loserpool more complete, I dont think so, add up the trophies over the last three seasons and see where u get. Wear ur Barca shirt with pride cause ur loserpool, one will have to hang ion the back of the cupboard for a good while yet

There's an angry man. ;D

supersub

just didnt happend for utd tonight. barca out played them which i think most fans would agree with. Utd looked like they were up for it when they came out all guns blazing at the start, and i was sure they were going to score. But that goal from eto'o totally against the run  of play changed the balance of the match straight away and barca got confidence from it which they turned into slick passing and moving that was missing from the start. Not much Utd could do about it and although they had one or two other chances, they never really looked like a real threat to barcalona in the 2nd half either. Utd have a worldclass side, and so do barcelona, but just one had to come out on top tonight and it wasnt utd. Still a great season for them in my eyes, if liverpool had one like that id be over the moon!!

CĂșig huaire

Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Norf Tyrone

No need to add to the dissection of United's performance tonight, as most of it has been done. Would agree that Fletcher was a massive loss, and I've never been convinced by Anderson, but I'll bow to those who watch him week in, week out.

I live in hope that people can sit back now, and appreciate Chelsea's efforts over 186 minutes against Barce. It took the Catalans 9 minutes to do to United, what it took them 180 odd to do to Chelsea. Hiddink totally out foxed Guardiola, and stiffled Xavi, Messi etc. It's all very well playing pretty patterns, but time and place and all that.

As I say... live in hope.

All that's left now is 'The World's Greatest Cup Competition' on Saturday.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Main Street

So Chelsea can pack dustbins around their penalty area with technical skill and much athleticism, credible effort no doubt but not the stuff of champions.
Champions go out and play the game without fear along with great skill matched by supreme discipline.
Barca are worthy champions of Europe and thank feck the rest of us did not have to witness Chelsea and Man U in the final.