Champions League Final 2009: Manchester United vs Barcelona.Wed 27th May. Rome.

Started by EC Unique, May 05, 2009, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBXII

Quote from: Main Street on May 27, 2009, 11:16:35 PM
A relief that the rubbish about the Barca defense has stopped ;D  they had feck all to do anyway, Puyol had the luxury to be more like an attacking midfielder.
I enjoyed that game. Man U were made to look crap and inept.
Puyol is my hero,  real inspiration runs through ever fibre of his body and he is just one of the extras at this time of his career.
I'm biased but I though Messi edged the MOTM, tough call though

Thought Pique, Messi and Iniesta were excellent,Puyol too but for me Xavi was the man of the match...everthing was going through him...

The Real Laoislad

Ronaldo......Best player in the world  ???
He's not even in the Top 5.....
As I said before,He'd make a great American footballer place kicker
You'll Never Walk Alone.

bingobus

Quote from: corn02 on May 27, 2009, 11:31:31 PM
When Barca did not have a sponsor wasn;t there some deal with the Spanish King or something?

Doubt it, aren't Real Madrid the Royal team (bailed out by Gov/Royal family a few years back) and Barca don't even see themselves as Spanish?

slow corner back

A whole lot of BS put up here tonight but fair enough only to be expected. As far as it goes from a Utds fans point of view we started well and conceded a bad goal. Midfield was poor all night only Carrick did anything and even he was very telegraphed at times. Ronnie played well I thought on limited enough supply. Lost the plot towards the finish but at least he showed some desire which was sadly missing elsewhere. The first goal was down to a por mistake from Vidic and VDS getting beat at his near post, not good  >:(. By the time the second goal went in we had four attackers and a midfield of Carrick and Giggs. Giigs is a true legend but not up to the pace of a champions league final at 35. The worst stasitic all night was when Giggs went off after 75 minutes having run 6.22 KM. A normal midfielder runs 10K in 80 mins. The guys a legend so I will not push the point but Fletcher and Hargreaves were sore losses to Utd tonight. In fairness to Barca their much criticised back four held the line well and their offside worked well. of the Utd players IMO only O Shea ( kept Henry quiet) Evra and Ronnie played up to form. There will undoubtedly be a lot of chat about how much better Messi is than Ronnie but I thought Ronnie was our main threat tonight and Messi was only dangerous in patches particularly when Utd were chasing the game.
Anyways if we win three trophies next season including the league I will be a happy bunny. Fair play to Barca for drawing level with Utd on 3 European cups. We will settle for a European record over three years that has 38 games and only two defeats.

stew

Rooney worked hard but he, like his team-mates had nowhere to go, they were simply outclassed and carried too many players tonight. Giggs was terrible, Carrick couldnt pass the ball two yards and Park was dire and had a great chance early on to score. I would not have him near that team. Tevez worked hard and gave his all when he came on and its a shame that united will let this guy go.

Ronaldo pouts when things go wrong, he dropped the head and seemed to believe they were going to finish second with 25 minutes left. Ferguson looked shocked and he knew they were fecked even earlier.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: bingobus on May 27, 2009, 11:34:47 PM
When Barca did not have a sponsor wasn;t there some deal with the Spanish King or something?

Doubt it, aren't Real Madrid the Royal team (bailed out by Gov/Royal family a few years back) and Barca don't even see themselves as Spanish?

They consider themselves Catalan..And play the anthem before every match....

Watched Barca play Derry City a few years ago and they played the Spanish Anthem before the match and some of the Barca fans were disgusted...Was like a insult to them....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Square Ball on May 27, 2009, 10:12:34 PM
you have to hold your hands up and say the better team won, end of story, they did.

shit happens. sad but life goes on

Fair play,yourself and full back are the only United fans I have any time for
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on May 27, 2009, 10:10:56 PM
And another thing, I have gotten about 10 joke texts already (Most by ONL trying to make out he is not a United fan), but regardless if you are on the receiving end or on the right end of these texts, they are never funny. They are always poor jokes!

Pm me those jokes quick will ya
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: slow corner back on May 27, 2009, 11:35:10 PM
A whole lot of BS put up here tonight but fair enough only to be expected. As far as it goes from a Utds fans point of view we started well and conceded a bad goal. Midfield was poor all night only Carrick did anything and even he was very telegraphed at times. Ronnie played well I thought on limited enough supply. Lost the plot towards the finish but at least he showed some desire which was sadly missing elsewhere. The first goal was down to a por mistake from Vidic and VDS getting beat at his near post, not good  >:(. By the time the second goal went in we had four attackers and a midfield of Carrick and Giggs. Giigs is a true legend but not up to the pace of a champions league final at 35. The worst stasitic all night was when Giggs went off after 75 minutes having run 6.22 KM. A normal midfielder runs 10K in 80 mins. The guys a legend so I will not push the point but Fletcher and Hargreaves were sore losses to Utd tonight. In fairness to Barca their much criticised back four held the line well and their offside worked well. of the Utd players IMO only O Shea ( kept Henry quiet) Evra and Ronnie played up to form. There will undoubtedly be a lot of chat about how much better Messi is than Ronnie but I thought Ronnie was our main threat tonight and Messi was only dangerous in patches particularly when Utd were chasing the game.
Anyways if we win three trophies next season including the league I will be a happy bunny. Fair play to Barca for drawing level with Utd on 3 European cups. We will settle for a European record over three years that has 38 games and only two defeats.

Fair enough summary but I don;t anyone can honestly say Evra performed can they? He was horrible. Bad positioning for the first and at fault for the second when he ducked under the clearance. I thought he was terrible all night.

Main Street

Barca look to play Liverpool did all those years ago except that Barca play it at 10x speed.
Astonishing ball control, pass and move in an instant.
Even Rooney looked like a caveman out there and we know that lad can play.

Barca are a total team, the most disciplined team I have ever witnessed, they move as a unit whether they have the ball or not.
The back 4 and midfield always tuned in with each other.
You can see what this young manager has brought to their game since the Dutch guy left.

slow corner back

Quote from: corn02 on May 27, 2009, 11:49:17 PM
Quote from: slow corner back on May 27, 2009, 11:35:10 PM

Fair enough summary but I don;t anyone can honestly say Evra performed can they? He was horrible. Bad positioning for the first and at fault for the second when he ducked under the clearance. I thought he was terrible all night.
I thought Evra continued to push forward all night. The first goal was nothing to do with Evra, Vidc sold himself and VDS got beat at the near post and the second was down to a none existent midfield giving Xavi all day to pick a cross and ferdinand being nowhere near Messi. Evra kept pushing forward and was not picked up by Barca all night. At least he had the courage to gamble. Eto did nothing when moved to the right wing and Messi only started to play when in the middle evra did alright along with Ronie and O Shea. Shame about the other eight

corn02

Quote from: Main Street on May 27, 2009, 11:52:22 PM
Barca look to play Liverpool did all those years ago except that Barca play it at 10x speed.
Astonishing ball control, pass and move in an instant.
Even Rooney looked like a caveman out there and we know that lad can play.

Barca are a total team, the most disciplined team I have ever witnessed, they move as a unit whether they have the ball or not.
The back 4 and midfield always tuned in with each other.
You can see what this young manager has brought to their game since the Dutch guy left.

What surprised me most is the strenght of the team. United are physically imposing but Xavi and Iniesta were holding off the United players like bullies.

Their game is such a unique one, very few runs are made by the players. Just ten-yard passes, unlocking the door. Demands discipline, technique and immense patience. Part of why they never seem to tire either.

supersub

yea the barca midfield was strong and composed on the ball even under pressure, typified probably against chelsea when they played their way into the final instead of hoofing and hoping for the last ten mins!

aye throw me afew of them jokes will ya!

Capt Pat

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on May 27, 2009, 11:37:58 PM
Quote from: bingobus on May 27, 2009, 11:34:47 PM

They consider themselves Catalan..And play the anthem before every match....

Watched Barca play Derry City a few years ago and they played the Spanish Anthem before the match and some of the Barca fans were disgusted...Was like a insult to them....

Oh that is just classic I would loved to have been there to see that. :P Some of the Barca fans were insulted???? I would say it was all of them.

orangeman

Uniited picked a bad night to play their worse football of the season.