Champions League Final 2009: Manchester United vs Barcelona.Wed 27th May. Rome.

Started by EC Unique, May 05, 2009, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Uncle and cousin flew out today, another couple of lads I know also flew out this morning. Bit of a panic as it was reported that the authorities had decided to impose an alochol ban in the city. Very much doubt it will be enforced.

I hope they enjoy the trip but told them not to let the result get them down  ;)  ;D

full back

Dont think it will be the classic that some say it will be
Utd will play it cagey & hit them on the break.

The Barca midfield is superior to Utd's so Utd will be more concerned about not giving them time & space to get quality ball into the Messi, Henry & Eto

magpie seanie

With the way my pulse rate has been during the last two CL finals involving United part of me is not looking forward to tomorrow evening. A lot has and will be said about it so I'm not going to go on. I'd be confident that if United play up to the level of last years final or the two legs of the semi v. Arsenal that they will do it. It will be bloody tight though and if chances are created they will have to be taken. That's been United's main failing this season. If they are clinical tomorrow night it could be the difference.

Main Street

The 2 best teams in the CL final. I´ll look forward to it.

There is nothing like a Barca team at their peak, for some scintillating football.

To read stuff here about Barca´s  rubbish defense is mind boggling  Last time both teams  played each other,  Man U were overly defensive  and won by a goal. The so called best team in the world from the so called best league, going out on the field of play  very cautiously against a team with a so called rubbish defense ::)
not mention Chelsea´s negative gameplan

This time the pointers are that this game will be very different, it should be.
Barca are a  model perfection of an attacking team who go all out to win.
How any team can miss Iniesta, Henry as well as  defenders  Alves, Abidal and Marquez
and still be (slight) favourites is a wonder but because of those missing I think it is too close to call.
Iniesta  in particular will be missed most as his link up play with Messi is from another dimension.

Minder

Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2009, 01:07:28 PM
The 2 best teams in the CL final. I´ll look forward to it.

There is nothing like a Barca team at their peak, for some scintillating football.

To read stuff here about Barca´s  rubbish defense is mind boggling  Last time both teams  played each other,  Man U were overly defensive  and won by a goal. The so called best team in the world from the so called best league, going out on the field of play  very cautiously against a team with a so called rubbish defense ::)
not mention Chelsea´s negative gameplan

This time the pointers are that this game will be very different, it should be.
Barca are a  model perfection of an attacking team who go all out to win.
How any team can miss Iniesta, Henry as well as  defenders  Alves, Abidal and Marquez
and still be (slight) favourites is a wonder but because of those missing I think it is too close to call.
Iniesta  in particular will be missed most as his link up play with Messi is from another dimension.

Think they are both fit to play Main Street.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Schkite

On nearly all the betting sites there's nothing separating the two teams. On betfair Utd are very slight favourites, but generally there's nothing between them.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Massey-135 on May 26, 2009, 09:50:19 AM
I don't think we will win it easy but I hope we do. The nerves can't hack another handlin like 99. Barca won't be a push over so I would be happy with a wee 1-0 win. Who is offering the 20-1 for the 3-1 victory?

Ladbrokes...now offering 7/4 Barcelona and 13/8 MU.  BTW With Chelsea v Liverpool in mind...4-4 is 100/1!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Minder

Barcelona are 7/4 & United 13/8 with Ladbrokes (90 mins) Both are 5/6 to lift the trophy.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Schkite

Ah right, I was looking at odds checker and just seen there they didn't have the Ladbrokes odds up.

supersub

Quote from: bingobus on May 26, 2009, 11:16:17 AM
Uncle and cousin flew out today, another couple of lads I know also flew out this morning. Bit of a panic as it was reported that the authorities had decided to impose an alochol ban in the city. Very much doubt it will be enforced.

I hope they enjoy the trip but told them not to let the result get them down  ;)  ;D

Aye they always try and enforce this but its only in the main streets of the city and mainly outside the pubs u cant drink. Experienced it myself, they usually are grand about serving inside as long as you stay inside! Friend flys over in the mornin, forked out a shed load for one ticket and flights, but hopefully it will be worth it for him! He was in Moscow last year and is still paying of the costs from that til now haha. Heard theres a tented village sort of place been set up about a mile outside the city centre with English catering etc to accomodate the utd fans and hopefully keep them all together inside it before/after the game, and also if they dont have a ticket!!

magpie seanie

I worked with a few Italians once and they said that they have loads of rules and laws - and they like it that way - its just that no-one really takes much heed of them!

longball

Heard on the Radio there that David Gill believes United will not sign Tevez as he is too expensive.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

magpie seanie

Its really reassuring that someone with the proven knowledge of the game that David Gill has is making these decisions....

EC Unique

This is interesting on Paddy Power. 'The defending champions  7/1'  has to be value :D

QuoteITV Commentary Cliché Hide Singles Only.
Win Only
90 mins Only.
Applies to the first of the listed clichés which is used by the ITV commentators during the match.
Exact phrase must be used.
Cliches only apply while the match is in progress.
Any cliché used before the match or at half-time will not count

Darren Fletcher  6/1
The greatest manager in the history of British football  16/1
At the end of the day  25/1

1999  7/1
United always score  16/1
Total football  25/1

The defending champions  7/1
End to end stuff  16/1
Hero of the night  25/1

That night in Barcelona  10/1
Fizzed just wide  16/1