Antrim lives up to its name as a sectarian cesspit

Started by Doogie Browser, April 29, 2009, 12:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Most read news story on BBC NI website yesterday.

Ari

Quote from: tyrone86 on April 29, 2009, 11:54:27 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 29, 2009, 11:38:01 PM
Some valid points there, I would never wear a Tyrone jersey in places like Ballymena, Lisburn, Belfast City centre etc, but this was a 'bag packing' fundraiser. 

Let it not be forgotten about the hardship endured by 'Goals Will Come' after wearing a Tyrone jersey to a Northern Ireland game at Windsor  :-[

I missed this post.

The article in question was a complete joke. He wore his top to Windsor to try and get a reaction, and when he didn't get one he tried to turn that round into a bad thing.

delboy

Is there a copy of this article anywhere, i've heard it mentioned several times but never actually seen it.

Ari

Quote from: delboy on April 30, 2009, 01:40:10 PM
Is there a copy of this article anywhere, i've heard it mentioned several times but never actually seen it.
The BBC removed it (probably cause it was a load of rubbish), but it's still on the web archive:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010911213942/news.bbc.co.uk/sport/hi/english/bbc_pundits/newsid_1528000/1528720.stm

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ziggysego on April 30, 2009, 01:25:45 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 30, 2009, 01:14:51 PM
Who are you? Brad Pitt?!!  :-\ 

I'm Ziggy and that's all you'll know.

Anyway, you saw me at the MacRory Cup Final with your two lads. Thankfully they're not as a bitter as you.

A young fox is called a kit, cub or pup certainly not a lad. Was that you at the MacRory Cup acting the hard man and shouting at all the school kids. You scared my cubs and now when they go to games they tremble and ask will Ziggy be there  :'(   

Main Street

Quote from: Ari on April 30, 2009, 01:36:05 PM

I missed this post.

The article in question was a complete joke. He wore his top to Windsor to try and get a reaction, and when he didn't get one he tried to turn that round into a bad thing.
Total unintelligent garbage.
Jerome  "wore his Tyrone jersey to Windsor Park , but kept it well covered up"

Good article, thanks for the link.

Tonto

Quote from: Main Street on April 30, 2009, 01:58:00 PM

I missed this post.

Good article
:D :D

You're easily pleased!!

delboy

Thanks for the link, to use a sugarism what a load of old toot that article was.

So he was annoyed that people weren't tripping over themselves to speak to some poxy local sports journo and instead preferred to watch the action on the pitch.

Talk about an ego, i thought that local newsreader thats married to that chef deane character had an over inflated sense of importance with her wearing of sunglasses on cloudy days and indoors, but after reading that i think Jerome takes the award for delusions of grandeur.

Ari

Quote from: Main Street on April 30, 2009, 01:58:00 PM

I missed this post.

Good article, thanks for the link.

My post or the article?  :D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Ari on April 30, 2009, 12:46:22 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 30, 2009, 10:31:24 AM
Quote from: MW on April 29, 2009, 10:49:48 PM
Feck me people really need to wise up :-\
PS...over on Slugger it states Watson has said "Since the story broke today I have been in touch with the GAA club in question and stressed that I was not involved in the complaint." Some talk of the councillor concerned being from the PUP.

This coming from the idiots who organised boycotts of shops in Belfast and Aldergrove airport for not supplying six county soccer regalia! Idiots who want to boycott pubs in Belfast because they won't allow six county soccer fans to wear their soccer tops into the establishments. MW who really needs to wise up?  ::)

To be fair, imagine not being allowed to wear your GAA shirts into bars in Belfast.

Imagine not being allowed to wear ROI shirts into bars in Dublin.

And I'm talking about bars that show football, and I'm talking about while the football is on.

The comment was directed at MW, but as you seem to have picked up the mantle - the boycotting of Bars is just one incidence of petty mindedness that occurs constantly over on OWC, so I feel slightly agreived when MW ventures over here and tells us to wise up!
As for your point about GAA tops in Bars in Belshaft city centre, you'll find that most sports clothing is off limits in most pubs in the town, also GAA tops don't have the same baggage as six county soccer tops.
Finally why would they disallow Ireland soccer jerseys in Dublin pubs, sure haven't the Ireland fans shown time and time again that they can behave themselves.
Tbc....

Ari

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 30, 2009, 02:12:39 PM
PS...over on Slugger it states Watson has said "Since the story broke today I have been in touch with the GAA club in question and stressed that I was not involved in the complaint." Some talk of the councillor concerned being from the PUP.

This coming from the idiots who organised boycotts of shops in Belfast and Aldergrove airport for not supplying six county soccer regalia! Idiots who want to boycott pubs in Belfast because they won't allow six county soccer fans to wear their soccer tops into the establishments. MW who really needs to wise up?  ::)

To be fair, imagine not being allowed to wear your GAA shirts into bars in Belfast.

And I'm talking about bars that show football, and I'm talking about while the football is on.

The comment was directed at MW, but as you seem to have picked up the mantle - the boycotting of Bars is just one incidence of petty mindedness that occurs constantly over on OWC, so I feel slightly agreived when MW ventures over here and tells us to wise up!
As for your point about GAA tops in Bars in Belshaft city centre, you'll find that most sports clothing is off limits in most pubs in the town, also GAA tops don't have the same baggage as six county soccer tops.
Finally why would they disallow Ireland soccer jerseys in Dublin pubs, sure haven't the Ireland fans shown time and time again that they can behave themselves.

Just like our fans then. I don't want to get into a petty debate, I ain't into the whole boycotting of bars thing, but it is disappointing when bars in Belfast (sports bars, where football tops are allowed while football is on) won't let people in with NI tops (or ROI tops for that matter sometimes) when fans from both sides continually show they can behave themselves.

And before you undoubtedly drag up our recent game with Poland, the trouble was organised and caused by Polish fans. It was very unfortunate that some of our fans felt the need to react.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Ari on April 30, 2009, 02:19:34 PM

Just like our fans then. I don't want to get into a petty debate, I ain't into the whole boycotting of bars thing, but it is disappointing when bars in Belfast (sports bars, where football tops are allowed while football is on) won't let people in with NI tops (or ROI tops for that matter sometimes) when fans from both sides continually show they can behave themselves.

And before you undoubtedly drag up our recent game with Poland, the trouble was organised and caused by Polish fans. It was very unfortunate that some of our fans felt the need to react.

Wasn't thinking of Poland, was thinking more of Slovakia  :P, anyway there is no comparison between GAA tops and soccer tops.
Meanwhile my point stands - "The comment was directed at MW, but as you seem to have picked up the mantle - the boycotting of Bars is just one incidence of petty mindedness that occurs constantly over on OWC, so I feel slightly agreived when MW ventures over here and tells us to wise up!"
Tbc....

Roger

Around the time of the Jerome Quinn article there was a Camogie team (think it might have been QUB) players who sometimes drank in Hunters on the Lisburn Road which has always been a leading if not the main NI supporters meeting place.  They would be in their GAA gear on Wednesday late afternoons before games and the place was full of NI supporters.  Never saw any bother and no one had a problem either way.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Roger on April 30, 2009, 02:26:29 PM
Around the time of the Jerome Quinn article there was a Camogie team (think it might have been QUB) players who sometimes drank in Hunters on the Lisburn Road which has always been a leading if not the main NI supporters meeting place.  They would be in their GAA gear on Wednesday late afternoons before games and the place was full of NI supporters.  Never saw any bother and no one had a problem either way.

Thanks for backing up that point.  ;)
Tbc....

ziggysego

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 30, 2009, 02:34:15 PM
Quote from: Roger on April 30, 2009, 02:26:29 PM

Thanks for backing up that point.  ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Testing Accessibility