Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: bingobus on June 12, 2009, 05:38:42 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on June 12, 2009, 05:28:20 PM

True.  But perhaps he let rip at a few boys that he thought were being walked over.  the players themselves certainly could have taken the "I'll show him" attitude.  I don't think there's any point in speculating over what Cass might have told his players.

I'm sure you have no reason to doubt your source (apart from the fact its 3rd person information), but some people thrive on controversial changing room, training, weekends away stories.

I'm sure Banty's words at half time mirrored what Cass was saying.  Although I realise you have already made you position clear with regards to banty.

I'm sure Banty had told them what to do all week, before and during the game.

I know that some players, groups of players etc have been given very specific instructions regarding opposition. Seen it first hand and know players who will tell you exactly what they were told to do. Its niave, am sure you know as much, to think otherwise.

What is annoying to me, that if this is true, and it then appears to be the basis of the appeals that they were put provoked/bullied/defending themselves/trying to break free etc etc to do what they did, it makes a totally mockery of the GAA been a honest game. Why, if true, can't Cassidy be a man and say, right we bent the rules and will pay for it?

Instead they actually look to get further suspensions imposed on opponents that they have beaten on the field and now what to beat them further off it?

The days of it been a mans game is long gone. If true of course.

Being honest I wouldn't want to start getting other players suspended.  I would have liked a "what happens on the field stays on the field" game, but with an incident like Mullan's then it was pretty much impossible for that to happen.

Cassidy more or less said they bent the rules, "I make no apology" I think was his words in the interview. (So in hind sight what you said previously might not be too far off the mark  :-\) Oops. I would still like to get it confirmed. Looks like 1-0 to you though.

The most annoying thing for me about the whole thing was Mullan's incident and the way it happened. I would still stick to my guns that it was McManus that bear hugged him and wrestled him to th ground originally, however, (and its a big however), Mullan was then in a position that he had freed himself and could have got up from the ground.  Instead he drove the knee into McManus.  Disappointing more so because I had been very impressed with Mullan all along, and hadn't wintessed him do anything like this previously.  (Now your point is starting to sound even more convincing  >:()

I will have to officially give you the 1-0.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Keyser soze

Just heard from an unknown and therefore completely reliable source that Monaghan were instructed by Banty at halftime to "git stuck inty them derry bies"
Can you believe it, the dorty wee barsteward!!

I'm afraid i only have an audio recording of this as Rory Woods broke the handycam thinking it belonged to a member of the big bad medja. If any of you have an address for CCC (or Brolly's mobile number) PM me please so i can arrange for justice to be done forthwith.

1-1

Maguire01

Have just listened to Joe's interview. How come all of these great angles weren't shown by the BBC?

I'm also shocked that the BBC had this clear footage of someone stamping on someone's face - the wind was taken out of Joe's sails and the hearing committee were " if not shocked, certainly disturbed" - it wouldn't be like the BBC not to show this footage. In fact, you'd imagine it would secure the GAA a prime spot on Newsline!

Main Street

I have already referred to the Derry appeal on the level of the charges. and how they were able to present edited selection of all the BBC angles. to support their case.  Fair enough, 4 weeks is the time to pay.
The citing committee or the ref don't bother their arse to view these camera angles before pressing charges and passing sentences. They have the refs reports the odd photo and the rte sunday game, only the televised footage. The ref apparantly changed his report on Fergal after looking at a photo and upped the charge. Farcical that he can do based on a nanosecond still image.

As for Brolly continuing to whine like a scalded snitch on public radio/tv,  I didn't think it was possible for him to sink lower but it appears he
has boundless capacity to do so.

rrhf

The most annoying thing for me about the whole thing was Mullan's incident and the way it happened. I would still stick to my guns that it was McManus that bear hugged him and wrestled him to th ground originally, however, (and its a big however), Mullan was then in a position that he had freed himself and could have got up from the ground.  Instead he drove the knee into McManus.  Disappointing more so because I had been very impressed with Mullan all along, and hadn't wintessed him do anything like this previously.  (Now your point is starting to sound even more convincing  )
Would It be wrong of me to say that I felt yer man deserved it for the wrestling and Mullan whilst caught was damn right to do what he did.   

jodyb

Quote from: rrhf on June 13, 2009, 11:38:52 AM
The most annoying thing for me about the whole thing was Mullan's incident and the way it happened. I would still stick to my guns that it was McManus that bear hugged him and wrestled him to th ground originally, however, (and its a big however), Mullan was then in a position that he had freed himself and could have got up from the ground.  Instead he drove the knee into McManus.  Disappointing more so because I had been very impressed with Mullan all along, and hadn't wintessed him do anything like this previously.  (Now your point is starting to sound even more convincing  )
Would It be wrong of me to say that I felt yer man deserved it for the wrestling and Mullan whilst caught was damn right to do what he did.   
No it was still wrong rrhf, regardless. However, there's no question that it would never have happened if Mc manus hadn't initiated the incident by pulling Mullan to the ground in the first place

JMohan

Personally I am a bit disappointed with McManus.
I'm not sure Mullan connected with his groin (I think that has been established now) and I don't think the force was that great. But McManus' reaction was as though he had been castrated without anesthetic - even though he as much started it.

That's not defending Mullan, I just think that todays game is as much about trying to get the man sent off as it is playing the game.

You could pick any number of incidents - see O'Mahony vs Cork.

What's wrong with just playing the game as men and getting on with it?

INDIANA

It is defending MUllan and its an appalling defence which mirrors the attitude of people towards violence on the field of play . Just a laissez faire- cest la vie attitude to towards it all. Appalling.

up tyrone

Dont think cassidy has done his team any favour with the officials in the tyrone game with the comments he made this week in the in they will marked men next week

Schkite

Can't believe some of ye are saying McManus deserved it, a despicable act like that and you're defending it, disgraceful. McManus is a young lad who's never done anything nasty or unsavoury on the field in his life, and now apparently he deserved the knee in his balls for holding onto someone who had a hold of him!

I still say they had a hold of each other, it's clear as day for gods sake! Mullen had his arm round McManus' neck

orangeman

In today's Mail on Sunday it has a oeice in it which is suggesting that the CCCC have recommened Dick Clerkin be cited for standing on Fergal Doc.

This story will run and run.

cavan4ever

Quote from: rrhf on June 13, 2009, 11:38:52 AM

:D :D :D

You have to be on a wind up  ;D

tbrick18

Quote from: orangeman on June 14, 2009, 10:05:04 AM
In today's Mail on Sunday it has a oeice in it which is suggesting that the CCCC have recommened Dick Clerkin be cited for standing on Fergal Doc.

This story will run and run.
:D :D

Maguire01

Quote from: JMohan on June 13, 2009, 04:02:04 PM
Personally I am a bit disappointed with McManus.
I'm not sure Mullan connected with his groin (I think that has been established now) and I don't think the force was that great. But McManus' reaction was as though he had been castrated without anesthetic - even though he as much started it.
You're clearly female. If you were a man you'd know it doesn't take a full force strike to the nuts to floor you.