Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakleafer93

Quote from: INDIANA on May 31, 2009, 11:07:07 PM
Quote from: Doire abú on May 31, 2009, 10:46:34 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 31, 2009, 10:36:48 PM
Mullan should got 8 months

You're  some craic! :D

Its true though- pure filth it was. Lowest of the low on a Gaa pitch.

Nobody is disputing this, but let us not forget who started the trend...

donelli

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 31, 2009, 08:18:27 PM
The upshoot:
Fergal Doherty eight weeks
Brian Mullan eight weeks
Tommy Freeman eight weeks

Monaghan and Derry fined ten grand each (euro) for "disruptive play". This could run a while.

What did freeman get that suspension for????

tyronefan

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 31, 2009, 11:15:42 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 31, 2009, 11:07:07 PM
Quote from: Doire abú on May 31, 2009, 10:46:34 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 31, 2009, 10:36:48 PM
Mullan should got 8 months

You're  some craic! :D

Its true though- pure filth it was. Lowest of the low on a Gaa pitch.

Nobody is disputing this, but let us not forget who started the trend...

Vinny Jones ?

Maguire01

Quote from: donelli on June 03, 2009, 12:05:50 PM
The upshoot:
Brian Mullan eight weeks

Monaghan and Derry fined ten grand each (euro) for "disruptive play". This could run a while.

To balance things out.

goal and a point

Thats consistent then with regards Mc Guigan and Ricey...
[/quote]

There was a whole thread dedicated here to riceys ball grabbing incident, if consistant should have been one dedicated to Mullan also

DennistheMenace

Ricey has previous and is general a little rogue on the pitch, suprised there was only one thread dedicated to him.

tbrick18

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 03, 2009, 12:38:14 PM
The upshoot:
Brian Mullan eight weeks

To balance things out.

Quite possibly.....but more likely it was for the headbut on Kevin McGuckian.
Alos I see there was no mention of Dick's knee to Docs ribs....but sure he's a good clean player anyway.

donelli

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 03, 2009, 01:05:18 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 03, 2009, 12:38:14 PM
The upshoot:
Brian Mullan eight weeks

To balance things out.

Quite possibly.....but more likely it was for the headbut on Kevin McGuckian.
Alos I see there was no mention of Dick's knee to Docs ribs....but sure he's a good clean player anyway.

headbutt?
Was at the game and i seen no headbutt thrown by either team.???

screenexile

Sunday game showed a clear head butt to Kevin McGuckin and in fairness McGuckin didn't go down like some players have but there was clear as day. Clerkin deserves a ban for his knee also. I'm glad Derry are accepting Mullan's punishment and only seeking to get Doherty's ban reduced. Unlike some Counties who will appeal anything and everything no matter what the player has done wrong!

Bensars

Quote from: screenexile on June 03, 2009, 02:37:39 PM
Sunday game showed a clear head butt to Kevin McGuckin and in fairness McGuckin didn't go down like some players have but there was clear as day. Clerkin deserves a ban for his knee also. I'm glad Derry are accepting Mullan's punishment and only seeking to get Doherty's ban reduced. Unlike some Counties who will appeal anything and everything no matter what the player has done wrong!

The hypocrisy in that statement has to be seen to be believed.

tyronefan

McGuckin didn't go down because he wasn't touched.

Are you Derry wans not fed up yet pleading the innocent victims because everybody else is fed up listening to ye

Final Whistle

Quote from: tyronefan on June 03, 2009, 03:11:48 PM

Are you Derry wans not fed up yet pleading the innocent victims because everybody else is fed up listening to ye

Unlike McKaigue who did his best Aidan O'Mahoney impression.

7.5/10!!!

screenexile

Quote from: Bensars on June 03, 2009, 02:41:33 PM

The hypocrisy in that statement has to be seen to be believed.

What's wrong with the statement Bensars? Mullan committed the crime and got an appropriate ban therefore Derry aren't appealing it. Doherty did commit the crimes they charged him of but was given the maximum sentence rather than the minimum. Our County Board are not trying to get him off on a technicality but using the system as it was intended. I think it should be highlighted that Derry are taking their punishment and a few other counties should take note rather than appealing every single red card they get on technical grounds!

Will Hunting

Stay out of the Derry v Monaghan thread then.

Have to agree with screenexile on this one - good to see that Derry aren't taking this to the DRA, High Courts etc. Other county's have totally exhausted this process at every turn around instead of accepting their medicine.

I'm still not quite sure how Mullan got eight weeks when a similar incident earlier in the year only warranted a four week ban. Which was appealed of course, in keeping with the form expected from that particular county.

the green man

Are you Tyrone ones not fed up telling lies