Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMohan

Quote from: Schkite on May 25, 2009, 10:33:06 PM
The Bradleys may have been getting abuse before the throw-in but sure they weren't the only ones. Barry McGoldrick reached around and hit Finlay in the head, easy to focus on the incidents you want to.
The Moen's have been at that for years.

thejuice

Maybe I missed it among the 50 odd pages on this game but did anyone else spot a Derry fan throwing a slap at Darren Hughes. Thought I saw something happen when watch it live but there were no replays on RTE, but people on Hoganstand have seen it. He was retrieving a sideline ball when it happened.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

JMohan

I think that was the least of what was happening! lol!

I'd say the crowd were watching one of 12 seperate off the ball tussles just then

oakleafgael

Quote from: thejuice on May 25, 2009, 10:39:33 PM
Maybe I missed it among the 50 odd pages on this game but did anyone else spot a Derry fan throwing a slap at Darren Hughes. Thought I saw something happen when watch it live but there were no replays on RTE, but people on Hoganstand have seen it. He was retrieving a sideline ball when it happened.

That paragon of truth and virtue?

Pushing and shoving. No punches thrown by either Hughes or any fans.

ExiledGael

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 25, 2009, 10:33:39 PM
Ricey nipped him in the balls I doubt he went over to tickle them.

Admittedly neither are pleasant, but I'd rather have been in Paul Galvin's place than Conor McManus'.
Can't believe you can't admit that.

As for the Hughes incident I think that's a lot of rubbish. There was a little clash as he went to retrieve tha ball. Was close to it but didn't quite see it. Someone beside me did and said something was thrown at Hughes. I turned straight away to the incident and Hughes certainly didn't look like he'd been punched. Slight pushing and shoving I think.

Schkite

Quote from: JMohan on May 25, 2009, 10:37:32 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 25, 2009, 10:33:06 PM
The Bradleys may have been getting abuse before the throw-in but sure they weren't the only ones. Barry McGoldrick reached around and hit Finlay in the head, easy to focus on the incidents you want to.
The Moen's have been at that for years.

Sure Dessie's only been a defender for a couple of years, all that fending off boxes from opposing defenders before that must have helped him learn quick eh?  ;)

thejuice

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 25, 2009, 10:42:32 PM

Fair enough.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

RMDrive

56min in. Hughes pushes spectator who throws a weak punch that doesn't connect. Hughes needs to be punished for that. You can't have fans being put in danger at games. I know no one was hurn in this instance however what if the guy had tripped when pushed and cracked his head off the ground.

cusack og

Quote from: RMDrive on May 25, 2009, 10:47:57 PM

56min in. Hughes pushes spectator who throws a weak punch that doesn't connect. Hughes needs to be punished for that. You can't have fans being put in danger at games. I know no one was hurn in this instance however what if the guy had tripped when pushed and cracked his head off the ground.

Yeah you would think that there will be some action taken with Darren Hughes. As minimal as the incident may have been you can't have players interfering with the supporters!

orangeman

So how likely is it that Monaghan and Derry players will get sanctions from the CCCC investigation into the match ???????

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being no chance of a suspension and 10 being certain of getting a suspension, how would you rate these lads and the alleged offences ?

Fergal Doherty - gouging  1/10
Fergal Doherty - kicking    8/10
Tommy Freeman headbutt 8/10
Richard Clerkin knee - 4/10
Brian Mullan - knee - 12/10

Anyone else ??

ardmhachaabu

Doherty, Mullan and Freeman all deserve to be punished as severely as possible from what I saw.  I missed the incident involving Clerkin kneeing.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Oakleafer93

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 25, 2009, 11:41:44 PM
Doherty, Mullan and Freeman all deserve to be punished as severely as possible from what I saw.  I missed the incident involving Clerkin kneeing.

I'm not being smart here, but aside fromwhat lead to his sending off what did fergal do that merits a suspension?

orangeman

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 25, 2009, 11:54:01 PM

I'm not being smart here, but aside fromwhat lead to his sending off what did fergal do that merits a suspension?

He put his shoe in Richard Clerkin's leg !!

Jinxy

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 25, 2009, 11:54:01 PM

What didn't he do?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Oakleafer93

Fair enough, I was just asking.

Just re watched the game Hughes pushed fan fan pushed back, much ado about nothing.