Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pebble-dasher

No wonder hardstation has a million posts, he loves talking shite

Doherty didnt try and gouge clerkins eyes, he was pushing his head into the ground.  Clerkin has acted the bully boy for too long now and it has got him by because of his poor ability.  Cant actually think of him adding anything positive to monaghan today!  

Schkite

Quote from: orangeman on May 24, 2009, 11:58:48 PM
Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 11:50:40 PM
Also - lost in the BS about Mullan and McManus

How far has Eoin Lennons performances fallen?

Frighteningly poor - but travelling to and from Liverpool isn't a good idea - not even training with the team regularly.

Yes the trip to Liverpool has made all the difference, he hasn't been the same since.

On the bright side(if there is one after today), we play Latton in the championship Friday night, hopefully Lennon will be below-par for that too(but back to top form for the qualifiers)!  ;)

JMohan

It's a pity because last year or the year before he was nearly carrying the team - certainly around the middle of the pairc

JMohan

Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2009, 12:05:13 AM
Quote from: pebble-dasher on May 25, 2009, 12:01:14 AM
No wonder hardstation has a million posts, he loves talking shite

Doherty didnt try and gouge clerkins eyes, he was pushing his head into the ground.  Clerkin has acted the bully boy for too long now and it has got him by because of his poor ability.  Cant actually think of him adding anything positive to monaghan today!  
I don't have a million posts. Great that you started your post with an inaccuracy and continued in the same way.
Well done.
Another useless contribution

Overthebar!

in fairness hardstation you have saturated this thread and offered very little....

JMohan

Is there another midfielder there among the Monaghan team that could step in?

Schkite

Quote from: JMohan on May 25, 2009, 12:13:24 AM

That's the problem, we've very little depth there. JP Mone would be a midfielder for us within the county but he's done well at full back the last few years for the county and would be a miss there. James Conlon had a great year at midfield last year for Carrick, when they won the league and got to the championship final, but to be fair to him he wasn't given a fair go in the league. Played a few games at full-back, corner-back and centre-back but didn't look good in any if them. But he wasn't given a chance in his normal position and the position we need more players in - strange to say the least. Anyway, he obviously got sick of it and left the panel a while back. Apart from that you've Benny McKenna, big lump of a lad but wouldn't trust him there. Finlay can play there but we need him on the forty.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Overthebar! on May 25, 2009, 12:13:06 AM
in fairness hardstation you have saturated this thread and offered very little....

I think HS has every right to pull up JMohan as he still can't take off his oak leaf tinted glasses and admit that mullens action is the only one that deserves suspension, to give mc manus' foul (50/50 in my view) parity is just ridiculous

JMohan

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 25, 2009, 12:23:58 AM
Quote from: Overthebar! on May 25, 2009, 12:13:06 AM

I think HS has every right to pull up JMohan as he still can't take off his oak leaf tinted glasses and admit that mullens action is the only one that deserves suspension, to give mc manus' foul (50/50 in my view) parity is just ridiculous
Nobody suggested parity - just fairness

JMohan

Quote from: Schkite on May 25, 2009, 12:20:07 AM
Quote from: JMohan on May 25, 2009, 12:13:24 AM

That's the problem, we've very little depth there. JP Mone would be a midfielder for us within the county but he's done well at full back the last few years for the county and would be a miss there. James Conlon had a great year at midfield last year for Carrick, when they won the league and got to the championship final, but to be fair to him he wasn't given a fair go in the league. Played a few games at full-back, corner-back and centre-back but didn't look good in any if them. But he wasn't given a chance in his normal position and the position we need more players in - strange to say the least. Anyway, he obviously got sick of it and left the panel a while back. Apart from that you've Benny McKenna, big lump of a lad but wouldn't trust him there. Finlay can play there but we need him on the forty.

Get Conlon in there for a run or chance at least

Winnie Peg

Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2009, 12:19:21 AM
Does Barry McGoldrick always act the ballix like he did today?
Was that the Derry No. 6? I felt that he was probably the dirtiest player on the pitch and was astonished that his behaviour wasn't flagged up more on TV tonight. Also, Freeman's headbut should be investigated.

Kickboxer

I thought his brother Sean Leo was worse. While dirty streak in those two mcgoldricks

Schkite

Barry McGoldrick looked like a real mouthpiece alright, always in the thick of it and had something to say. Though Sean Leo did well though.

boojangles

Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 10:42:45 PM
Quote from: the green man on May 24, 2009, 10:40:42 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2009, 10:37:12 PM
Mullan had him in the headlock before McManus grabbed him! FFS JMohan, wise up!

No he didnt. Mullan broke the ball, advanced a bit and McManus bear hugged him to the ground

Thank you

I was sitting right behind the incident.They both wrestled each other to the ground,wrestled a bit on the ground,then Mullan pulled his 2 knees into McManus lower area.Thats from a neutral.Mullan deserves a ban.

Main Street

Very disappointing to lose that game. Derry deserved it in the end for their last 15 minutes but for 40 minutes they were very poor and were there to be beaten. Monaghan just kicked away their chances, wide or straight to the goalkeeper, altogether a criminal waste of possession and attacking positions.
I thought Woods with a bit more composure could have side footed into the net, hard to tell, maybe he was knackered.
Vinny tried his best, a wholehearted player, even he looked small out there :).

Ominous when Lennon and Woods were replaced, two of the senior members, replaced at a time when they were the players to step up the pace and grab the game for Monaghan.

It's sad that this thread gets swamped by immature, unsporting, blind and sometimes illiterate drivel.