Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldier of destiny

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 24, 2009, 10:44:04 PM

McManus pulled him down. Should have been a free to Derry, which is irrelevant. They both wrestled on the ground, Mullan was about to get up but before he did he drove his knee into the midrife of McManus. If seen by the officials it would have been a straight red card for striking.

It's obvious that mc manus was being held in a head lock and had little or no option in where he could or could not go.  I hope the your man mullan gets what he deserves.  Midrift!!?? You have got to be kidding me, it's little wonder you saw mc manus 'pull him down' if you think he was kneed anywhere other than in his grion area.

soldier of destiny

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 24, 2009, 11:16:35 PM
I dont think there'll be any more of that from Derry/Tyrone/Armagh...but you can be sure Fermanagh will be hard to watch.
I still maintain that if Monaghan had come to play football, Derry would have also played football.
Monaghan came to bully their way through under instruction from their manager....what else were Derry supposed to do? Roll over and take it? They did what they had to.
A knee, a kick, a punch, and a headbut all warrant suspensions....so from that point of view you should see Tommy Freeman, Mone, Clerkin, Ronaghan, Mullan, Doherty all suspended.
At most I would say it will be Mullan and Freeman.

Looking forward to a proper match between Derry and Tyrone/Armagh.

What a load of sh**e.  Someone has obviously been watching a bit too much of the hysterics on the Sunday Game. 

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on May 24, 2009, 11:07:09 PM
That's a big result for Derry. They didn't play overly well but in those last 10 mins showed that Cassidy has added that wee bit of discipline and steel needed to win games like this.
Were you watching the same game as the rest of us?!

Winnie Peg

This was a thugfest, pur and simple by two teams who had no interest in playing football for their own and the spectators enjoyment. I think it would be good for all concerned if the two managers came out and apologised to everyone for the actions of their teams today for whom they were responsible. If they don't, then it is imperative that their county chairmen do so for the sake of all who play it, especially the young kids who had to watch that today.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Winnie Peg on May 24, 2009, 11:27:46 PM
If they don't, then it is imperative that their county chairmen do so for the sake of all who play it, especially the young kids who had to watch that today.

Im surprised it took so long. Someone think of the children.  :D

oakleafgael

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 24, 2009, 11:25:12 PM
That's a big result for Derry. They didn't play overly well but in those last 10 mins showed that Cassidy has added that wee bit of discipline and steel needed to win games like this.

Maguire,

After Doherty got the line Monaghan fell apart. They continued to have little interest in trying to play football whilst Derry focused and picked off three good points. Hanratty and Freeman being a prime example of this when they got involved in a scuffle when they should have been making runs into space for the half back line who where coming out with the ball.

tbrick18

Quote from: soldier of destiny on May 24, 2009, 11:23:53 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on May 24, 2009, 11:16:35 PM
I dont think there'll be any more of that from Derry/Tyrone/Armagh...but you can be sure Fermanagh will be hard to watch.
I still maintain that if Monaghan had come to play football, Derry would have also played football.
Monaghan came to bully their way through under instruction from their manager....what else were Derry supposed to do? Roll over and take it? They did what they had to.
A knee, a kick, a punch, and a headbut all warrant suspensions....so from that point of view you should see Tommy Freeman, Mone, Clerkin, Ronaghan, Mullan, Doherty all suspended.
At most I would say it will be Mullan and Freeman.

Looking forward to a proper match between Derry and Tyrone/Armagh.

What a load of sh**e.  Someone has obviously been watching a bit too much of the hysterics on the Sunday Game. 

:D  :D

JMohan

I don't remember Derry people being so bitter after Monaghan lost last year!

turf123

i think the whole brian mullan thing is a bit ott to be honest. i think there were worse things happening on the pitch. oakleafgael i think your getting mixed up with the doc kick. he tried to trip clerkin about 10 seconds before he kicked him.

JMohan

Serious question for the Monaghan folk ...

Do you think that this is the Banty's last roll of the dice?

ONeill

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 24, 2009, 11:25:12 PM

If you disagree, I suggest you didn't see the game at all. Derry were well drilled in how to see out this game and played it to a tee in those last 10mins . Monaghan simply lost the plot and lacked leadership.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tbrick18

Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 11:41:41 PM

You always forget the defeats after victory  ;)

Monaghan and Derry could easily meet again in the not too distant future of Derry dont get past Tyrone/Armagh...that would be messy.
Looking at the teams already in the qualifiers, Monaghan should at least get past the first round anyway. They'll never won an all-ireland  playing the way they do though and I think they thought this was their year in Ulster, so you never know either....the heads might well drop.

JMohan

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 24, 2009, 11:46:55 PM
Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 11:41:41 PM

You always forget the defeats after victory  ;)

Monaghan and Derry could easily meet again in the not too distant future of Derry dont get past Tyrone/Armagh...that would be messy.
Looking at the teams already in the qualifiers, Monaghan should at least get past the first round anyway. They'll never won an all-ireland  playing the way they do though and I think they thought this was their year in Ulster, so you never know either....the heads might well drop.

It would be shame if they did - honestly.

That said I'd hate for the two teams to meet again - it would be a shocking game.

JMohan

Also - lost in the BS about Mullan and McManus

How far has Eoin Lennons performances fallen?

orangeman

Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 11:50:40 PM
Also - lost in the BS about Mullan and McManus

How far has Eoin Lennons performances fallen?

Frighteningly poor - but travelling to and from Liverpool isn't a good idea - not even training with the team regularly.