Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2009, 09:19:42 PM
Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 09:15:47 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2009, 09:11:42 PM
Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 09:09:21 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 24, 2009, 07:18:19 PM
Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 07:16:13 PM
I don't think Mullan was as devious as everyone is making out.

McManus rugby tackled the man for Gods sake - where's the referee for Gods sake?

In fairness if McManus wants to drag the game down to that level he deserves a knee in the jewels.

Oh and the ref does too!

Yes but the difference is Mullen will be getting a ban while McManus won't, what does that tell you about which was worse? People get dragged off the ball all the time, especially in Ulster, but you don't see scumbags kneeing fellas in the balls every week.

If Mullan gets a ban it's a disgrace

He was dragged to the ground - ref hadn't the balls to blow a whistle and he lashed out trying to get up - he appeared to connect with him and McManus cried on the ground trying to get him sent off ...

Scumbags are guys dragging men down then acting like they were shot to get men sent off
Bollocks!

How is it bollocks?

What are you going to do - let idiots drag men down and not let them defend themselves?

A man has a right to defend himself - and if McManus is man enough to drag a man to the ground he should be man enough to defend himself on it - not cry when he gets burnt.
He proper rugby tackled Mullan
They were on the ground pulling and hauling. Mullan lined him up and stuck his knee in McManus' tools.

Exactly, watch it again on the Sunday Game in about half an hour. Mullan had more or less freed himself from the tangle when he sunk the knee in, so your flimsy self defence excuse is moot. He'll fully deserve the suspension he's gonna get.

orangeman

What makes it worse for Mullan was that he had a good look around to see if anyone was watching him - when he saw that the ref was otherwise engaged he let Mc Manus have it.

Schkite

JMohan you're talking some shite. I'll assume you haven't seen the incident as it was caught by the cameras yet. If you have and still think like that, then you need to seek help.

oakleafgael

Quote from: orangeman on May 24, 2009, 09:27:18 PM
What makes it worse for Mullan was that he had a good look around to see if anyone was watching him - when he saw that the ref was otherwise engaged he let Mc Manus have it.

Mullan will be rightly suspended for his actions, but this is pure and utter nonsense.

It was a poor game but I never expected it to be anything else. Regarding the negativity that was on display throughout, Derry where as guilt as Monaghan. They did what it took to win and if they hadnt the derry support would have been condemning them for laying done again.

As regards the posters who have been calling players on either side "scumbags" and similar they need to take a long hard look at themselves.

orangeman

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 24, 2009, 09:31:19 PM
Quote from: orangeman on May 24, 2009, 09:27:18 PM

Mullan will be rightly suspended for his actions, but this is pure and utter nonsense.

It was a poor game but I never expected it to be anything else. Regarding the negativity that was on display throughout, Derry where as guilt as Monaghan. They did what it took to win and if they hadnt the derry support would have been condemning them for laying done again.

As regards the posters who have been calling players on either side "scumbags" and similar they need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Have a look at it tonight and tell me what you think. Maybe I'm being sore on him and if I am I apologise - but that's the way it looked to me.

RMDrive

As a brief aside to the talk about the fcuk-acting around that went on today ...
I thought the camera work today was absolutely terrible. From showing replays when the play was going on, to showing players not involved in the play, to numerous other mistakes, this game was one of the worst in terms of production that I've seen in a long time. FFS RTE, you have been at it long enough. Get it right!!

Now back to the discussion on whether a man who knees someone in the crotch did right or wrong ... ::)

orangeman

Quote from: RMDrive on May 24, 2009, 09:35:43 PM
As a brief aside to the talk about the fcuk-acting around that went on today ...
I thought the camera work today was absolutely terrible. From showing replays when the play was going on, to showing players not involved in the play, to numerous other mistakes, this game was one of the worst in terms of production that I've seen in a long time. FFS RTE, you have been at it long enough. Get it right!!

Now back to the discussion on whether a man who knees someone in the crotch did right or wrong ... ::)

A shambles alright - the producer or whoever is responsible should be brought to that lad Mullan this week to get a knee in the balls !!    ;) ;) :D :D

JMohan

Quote from: Schkite on May 24, 2009, 09:29:07 PM
JMohan you're talking some shite. I'll assume you haven't seen the incident as it was caught by the cameras yet. If you have and still think like that, then you need to seek help.
Funny that I was wondering if you were listening to it on the radio myself.
Watch it again - first of all if you rugby tackle a man and you're both on the ground trying to wrestle to say it was a deliberate knee in the balls is a very brave accusation.
As for the clowns saying he looked up before he did it - bollox.

Anyway - my point is the first offense was committed by McManus - if the ref had any balls he could have stopped anything esle from happening - instead he let play on... after  rugby tackle!
Crazy stuff.

mountainboii

Quote from: RMDrive on May 24, 2009, 09:35:43 PM

Aye, in a game of only 21 scores the knobheads in charge managed to miss 4 or 5 of them by showing stupid replays. I think 2 points were missed in the first half cuz they were repeatedly showing replays of Derry's goal.

JMohan

My biggest problem is with the GAA after todays game

STOP creating rules just BLOODY IMPLEMENT THE ONES WE HAVE

JMohan

Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2009, 09:41:44 PM
Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 09:40:19 PM
Watch it again - first of all if you rugby tackle a man and you're both on the ground trying to wrestle to say it was a deliberate knee in the balls is a very brave accusation.

Anyway - my point is the first offense was committed by McManus - if the ref had any balls he could have stopped anything esle from happening - instead he let play on... after  rugby tackle!
Crazy stuff.

Nonsense.
One word contributions about sum up your addition to this debate

oakleafgael

Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 09:40:19 PM

Crazy stuff.

So by your reckoning if a player is taken out by a third man tackle or something similar he is entitled to have a dig at the man who done it?

ExiledGael

Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 09:42:23 PM

Exactly.
This can't be used as an argument to bring back the experimental nonsense.

orangeman

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 24, 2009, 09:43:56 PM
Rewatching the match I see Tommy freeman got a wee headbutt in on Mc Guckin...

Definitely - I made reference to this earlier.

JMohan

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 24, 2009, 09:46:23 PM
Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 09:42:23 PM

Exactly.
This can't be used as an argument to bring back the experimental nonsense.

But sadly don't you know we'll have more bloody rules and they won't be implemented either ...