Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Quote from: Logan on May 22, 2009, 12:14:05 AM
Quote from: ONeill on May 21, 2009, 11:55:44 PM
Ah catch a grip of reality. The Bradleys and the overdependence on their individual talent is the one reason why Derry haven't even smelt the burgers on an Ulster final day since 2000. Paddy can rack up 3-13 against Wexford but will throw the head up when you most need him.

No player owes anyone anything but Muldoon never delivered. All I remember is a catch he made in 1998 I think against Galway.

McCloy is too ponderous and flat-footed with the big arse.

Fergal Doherty may be the all-action guy but is undeniably predictable. Elbows Tohill could catch a ball in his own square and pop up a minute later with a grass-cutter to the back of the onion bag.

Your one hope is Cassidy. He has the Midas touch. To take Clonoe to an O'Neill Cup was close to miraculous and in time that achievement will receive its full recognition. This year highlighted even more with the O'Rahillys kicking their heels in May.

Cassidy knows how to win games with any outfit. He's a bit like Malachy O'Rourke but with better resources. If O'Rourke can bring Fermanagh to the fingernails of an Ulster, Cassidy can get the most out of a sow's ear.

Very misinformed

If you think McCloy has a big arse you're blind. Castigating Doherty because he's not Tohill is irrelevant.
To slate Muldoon without knowing the injuries the man has is again ignorant
Last year was an excellent year for Cassidy at club level, but he was with Clonoe this year too - shows how much you know.
He has it all to prove at inter-county level. I suspect the hard hitting passion, blood and guts, ignoramus approach, will only get them so far. Ulster title max.

Then again the tone suggests you're happy in your world.

I thought 'twas Geoffrey manning the big square for youse against Kerry.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ONeill

Listen, stand back.

To observe is not to slate (Browning). Muldoon's injuries are not part of the equation. Why are you playing an injured man anyway? As for McCloy's big arse, I met him at Lavey 2 weeks ago at the La thingy day. I asked him about his arse and he said he gets it from his mother's father's side and no matter the weight loss, the arse will always be a hindrance to turning on a sixpence.

Cassidy wanted nowt to do with Clonoe this year. He just turned up the odd time to clap them on.

Kielt's your man. He's a fellow of real talent. I was amazed at the stick he was getting in Healy Park. This man, barely out of minor, has more talent in his pinky left toe than the entire Derry half forward line before him.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Estimator

Good man ONeill - You certainly know how to fire out the bait!!
Ulster League Champions 2009

SidelineKick

Quote from: Estimator on May 22, 2009, 08:04:19 AM
Good man ONeill - You certainly know how to fire out the bait!!

People also forget that he's a complete tw*t as well.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Maguire01

If you think McCloy has a big arse you're blind.
Now we're getting to the important issues.   ::)

thebandit

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 21, 2009, 09:35:51 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 21, 2009, 09:08:20 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 21, 2009, 08:38:55 PM
This bit has me well confused. Any chance of making it a bit clearer. Are you suggesting I am an Armagh man? If so, well done - you win a prize. Twit of the week.
At least you had the honesty not to be confused about the 'loudmouth snitch' label ;D

Anyway, if this entertainment for you, you're a walking tragedy from God knows where.

One out of three is an achievement. Again, well done.

Despite your intellect, my original point remains. The team posted in the way thebandit posted it is embarrassing.

Serious discussion about Sunday's game would be entertaining for me, but how can it be serious (or indeed entertaining) if a relatively well-informed Gael like myself is excluded.

What aout calling the Derry manager 'Cass'

You are probably excluded because its very hard to see you up there on your high horse.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Ah catch a grip of reality. The Bradleys and the overdependence on their individual talent is the one reason why Derry haven't even smelt the burgers on an Ulster final day since 2000. Paddy can rack up 3-13 against Wexford but will throw the head up when you most need him.

No player owes anyone anything but Muldoon never delivered. All I remember is a catch he made in 1998 I think against Galway.

Fergal Doherty may be the all-action guy but is undeniably predictable. Elbows Tohill could catch a ball in his own square and pop up a minute later with a grass-cutter to the back of the onion bag.

Your one hope is Cassidy. He has the Midas touch. To take Clonoe to an O'Neill Cup was close to miraculous and in time that achievement will receive its full recognition. This year highlighted even more with the O'Rahillys kicking their heels in May.

Cassidy knows how to win games with any outfit. He's a bit like Malachy O'Rourke but with better resources. If O'Rourke can bring Fermanagh to the fingernails of an Ulster, Cassidy can get the most out of a sow's ear.

Very misinformed

If you think McCloy has a big arse you're blind. Castigating Doherty because he's not Tohill is irrelevant.
To slate Muldoon without knowing the injuries the man has is again ignorant
Last year was an excellent year for Cassidy at club level, but he was with Clonoe this year too - shows how much you know.
He has it all to prove at inter-county level. I suspect the hard hitting passion, blood and guts, ignoramus approach, will only get them so far. Ulster title max.

Then again the tone suggests you're happy in your world.

Logan your a mouth piece. Cassidy wasn't with us this year. he took one session since January and was at our c'ship game, where he was outside the wire.
I wish Cassidy all the best. We found him to be excellent. If anyone can get this Derry team to win a game where so many players are absent through injury its him.

wherefromreferee?

Who would be favours in the minor game?  Don't really know anything about either team.
In your Endo!

ONeill

Going by the minor league, Monaghan. I think they were undefeated in their campaign whilst Derry were winless. Open to correction on that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

wherefromreferee?

No contest then.  Monaghan by 10points (minors only!)
In your Endo!

Mid Mon

Any starting team announced by Monaghan yet?

thebandit

Quote from: ONeill on May 22, 2009, 11:12:13 AM
Going by the minor league, Monaghan. I think they were undefeated in their campaign whilst Derry were winless. Open to correction on that.

I think Derry were looking at a good few players in the minor league, and were using some of them as trial games. I wouldn't pay much heed to minor league form.

Schkite

Apparently we're hot favourites in the minors going by the papers, but I wouldn't know much at all about the Derry minors so I couldn't really compare. Seems like Derry only have one of last year's team back, while we have eight back, 4 of which were starters last year. Players like Boyle, McCarey and Dooney still there along with 12 of the All-Ireland VEC winning team of this year, it does look good on paper but as I say I'd know nothing of the Derry team.

peterquaife

Quote from: ONeill on May 21, 2009, 11:17:32 PM
Lookin forward to this game as a neutral more than any other. We have serial chokers Derry against the Fearless Farney Fisticuffers.

Derry are a rare breed of player. They appear to have all the ingredients but when mashed together they come loose at the edges, around 55 mins. Since the 70s, Derry have churned out at least one Anglo-Celt a decade yet time is running out. It is 11 years since their last although their previous barren period was also of the same length, 76-87.

So, what's their problem? Well, with this team it's the Bradleys. They're simply not team players and have always given me the overriding impression that they're in it for personal glory above team ethic. No manager will knock that out of them. Unfortunately they are the best forwards Derry have and until Derry can find 1-2 scoring forwards of equal or better talent than the Glenuillin moochers then their reliance on Paddy and Eoin will see to it that their barren run continues. Muldoon, the false God, simply hasn't the temperament to turn or influence big games on the big stage, no matter what the Sperrin lads would have you believe. He'll churn out the odd good 60 mins for his club but that's it. McCloy's arse is far too big and is feeding off one decent year, a bit like Lyng of Cavan. Big Fergal Doherty is a bit one-dimensional, albeit a decent ginger player and they have a plethora of nondescript defenders (Tyrone-lite) who'll nullify the likes of Liam McBarron or Ronan Sexton but will be caught like a badger in the headlights too easily.

Monaghan are good.

Derry 2-12 Monaghan 2-12

you Tyrone hooers would love the Bradleys, ye canny help yourselves snidin' in the long grass. Mon, a bit tiring now..and McCloy has buns of steel, will ask him to send on thon immovable object* a fitness plan

Derry by 2 in tight physical match. Really looking forward to it

immovable object* = Hub*
Hub* = Kevin Hughs

Logan

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 22, 2009, 09:22:42 AM
If you think McCloy has a big arse you're blind.
Now we're getting to the important issues.   ::)
20k people looking at McCloys arse on Sunday ...  ???