Adrian Logan leaves UTV

Started by king of leon, April 24, 2009, 03:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Quote from: Jinxy on January 12, 2011, 12:32:37 AM
I'm just glad it was Adrian Logan talking to Mickey and not some hack from TV3 or somewhere shouting questions at him.
Exactly...
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 12, 2011, 02:26:50 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on January 12, 2011, 12:32:37 AM
I'm just glad it was Adrian Logan talking to Mickey and not some hack from TV3 or somewhere shouting questions at him.
Exactly...

+1

I suspect he was asked by ITV, the Hartes or maybe both. I thought he handled it very sensitively.
MWWSI 2017

Ulick

From what I can gather one interview was done with Logie and this was distributed to all media outlets.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Ulick on January 12, 2011, 10:31:54 AM
From what I can gather one interview was done with Logie and this was distributed to all media outlets.
Spot on, Logie was used by the family as a conduit to the media rather than the other way about.

ross matt

Quote from: mournerambler on January 11, 2011, 11:10:10 PM
Is anyone else disgusted with UTV for blatantly USING Adrian Logan to report on the horrific murder of Michaela Harte because of his close ties to the Harte family?
I think this is an absolute disgrace & UTV ought to be ashamed of themselves for engaging in such cheap journalism to make themselves look good, disgusts me to say the least.

What a stupid insensitive and untimely post. Logan did a fine job and UTV covered the entire story from a local aspect far better than RTE could. Gave a real sense of the tight knit supportive community the GAA is in NI.

seafoid

I presume Paul Clark is of of the other religious persuasion. There was something very stiff about his interaction with Logan from the studio. 

Glensman

Quote from: seafoid on January 12, 2011, 11:24:33 AM
I presume Paul Clark is of of the other religious persuasion. There was something very stiff about his interaction with Logan from the studio.

What the f*ck has his relgious persuasion got to do with his interaction from a studio in a live broadcast?

Agree with what has been said before. This thread should be pulled or left well alone (but unfortunately I couldn't when I saw that cr@p about Paul Clark).

People always look for their own agenda from things.

flog the lot

Quote from: ross matt on January 12, 2011, 10:43:17 AM
Is anyone else disgusted with UTV for blatantly USING Adrian Logan to report on the horrific murder of Michaela Harte because of his close ties to the Harte family?
I think this is an absolute disgrace & UTV ought to be ashamed of themselves for engaging in such cheap journalism to make themselves look good, disgusts me to say the least.

What a stupid insensitive and untimely post. Logan did a fine job and UTV covered the entire story from a local aspect far better than RTE could. Gave a real sense of the tight knit supportive community the GAA is in NI.
+1

Glensman

Quote from: flog the lot on January 12, 2011, 11:43:16 AM
Quote from: ross matt on January 12, 2011, 10:43:17 AM

+1
+1

Doogie Browser

It is worth pointing out that the local media that I have read or seen (BBC, UTV, Irish News, Newsletter and Belfast Tele) have handled this story with great sensitivity and that is to their credit.

ross matt

Quote from: Glensman on January 12, 2011, 11:42:56 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 12, 2011, 11:24:33 AM

What the f*ck has his relgious persuasion got to do with his interaction from a studio in a live broadcast?

Agree with what has been said before. This thread should be pulled or left well alone (but unfortunately I couldn't when I saw that cr@p about Paul Clark).

People always look for their own agenda from things.
Dead right Glensman. Seafoid I'd expect much better from you. In the name of God guys how can anyone read religious/political agendas in to words/body language out of people who're clearly upset but doing their best to report, comment and empathise on this tragedy????
Pull this f**kin thread moderator. All for freedom of expression but there's a time & place and now is clearly not it.

EC Unique

IMHO Adrian Logan was immense in the way he handled this terrible situation.

Trout

Not that it matters, but just to keep Seafoid happy,  I think Paul Clark is "one of us". Catch a grip Seafoid.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Gold

True Hardstation--rare but true but irrelevant to this sad situation.

Logan is some loss to UTV in my opinion--he was always natural when interviewing and in front of the camera--the practice of having the normal newspresenters reading the sport now doesnt work--it's clear they know f all about sport and have no interest or passion for it--take that Sarah girl--there's more emotion in a plank of wood --she's obv got the job through family and couldnt crack a smile after takin laughing gas. She's no place reading sport.

Bring back Logie --some loss to local TV
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

stew

logie is well liked by most who know him, if Loughgall FC have him as their annual guest speaker at their dinner dance that should tell you something about the quality of the man.

I met him in 02 and found him to be a top man, he was geniunely delighted for us and he loved the banter, he was always very professional and to me his down to earth style complemented the working class ethos of the GAA and he was always an informed advocate for gaelic games.

I think that the BBC and UTV are shooting themselves in the foot as regards GAA coverage and I dont know who is going to carry the torch for us now that Logie is gone.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.