Adrian Logan leaves UTV

Started by king of leon, April 24, 2009, 03:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: tyrone86 on April 24, 2009, 04:25:21 PM
I noticed the name Frank McClorey at Full Forward for St Colman's in a previous final - I think it was 25 years ago against Maghera. Blaney and Spoofer were playing amongst other luminaries if I recall correctly.

Frank was a fancy footballer...wing mirrors all the time ....he would have one or two All Ireland club medals alright with Burren but I doubt if he started in any of those finals.

I was a year or two younger than him and marked him a few times...he didnt like the rough stuff and the white socks were always pulled up to the knees....you know the sort of boy I'm talking about..
The Aristocrat Years

mournerambler

Is anyone else disgusted with UTV for blatantly USING Adrian Logan to report on the horrific murder of Michaela Harte because of his close ties to the Harte family?
I think this is an absolute disgrace & UTV ought to be ashamed of themselves for engaging in such cheap journalism to make themselves look good, disgusts me to say the least.

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: mournerambler on January 11, 2011, 11:10:10 PM
Is anyone else disgusted with UTV for blatantly USING Adrian Logan to report on the horrific murder of Michaela Harte because of his close ties to the Harte family?
I think this is an absolute disgrace & UTV ought to be ashamed of themselves for engaging in such cheap journalism to make themselves look good, disgusts me to say the least.

How did they use him? Logan doesn't work for UTV anymore.

If anything its more likely to be the Hartes choice given the relationship they have built up over the years.

Gaffer

Think Logan is doing an excellent job covering this sad event.

He is saying the right things and is coming accross very professionally .
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

mournerambler

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on January 11, 2011, 11:15:04 PM

He departed company with them almost 2 years ago & then all of a sudden they bring him back to report on Michaela's horrific murder, oh what a coincidence  ::)

If anything its more likely to be the Hartes choice given the relationship they have built up over the years.

So the Harte family are trying to come to terms with the loss of a beautiful & much loved daughter & are hoping to find strength from somewhere to get through this difficult time & then they phone UTV to make sure they send Logie out to do the reporting, catch yourself on Rouge_Diablo, UTV have exploited Logie's friendship with the Harte family simple as that.

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: mournerambler on January 11, 2011, 11:26:02 PM

He departed company with them almost 2 years ago & then all of a sudden they bring him back to report on Michaela's horrific murder, oh what a coincidence  ::)

So the Harte family are trying to come to terms with the loss of a beautiful & much loved daughter & are hoping to find strength from somewhere to get through this difficult time & then they phone UTV to make sure they send Logie out to do the reporting, catch yourself on Rouge_Diablo, UTV have exploited Logie's friendship with the Harte family simple as that.

eh, no. The Hartes, being media savvy given their position realised that they had to make a statement to the press and decided that they wanted to have someone they know and trust to handle it for them.

UTV cant send Logan anywhere, he doesnt work for them

armaghniac

I think it reflects well on Logan who obviously is willing to help in a crisis. Yes UTV may benefit from his work, but he may still feel that the Harte family benefit from having him rather than a stranger involved.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Santino

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on January 11, 2011, 11:29:48 PM
Quote from: mournerambler on January 11, 2011, 11:26:02 PM

eh, no. The Hartes, being media savvy given their position realised that they had to make a statement to the press and decided that they wanted to have someone they know and trust to handle it for them.

UTV cant send Logan anywhere, he doesnt work for them

Thats how most people understand it i think mournerambler. And Logan has been v good in this role.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Gaffer on January 11, 2011, 11:24:38 PM
Think Logan is doing an excellent job covering this sad event.

He is saying the right things and is coming accross very professionally .

Couldnt agree more there - he is doing a fantastic job in very difficult circumstances.

Puckoon

Doing the right thing transcends any prior issues with former employment and employees. Adrian must still be very well though off by his peers at UTV - if not the higher brass.
Similarly it would seem like he understands his role in all of this. I wouldnt feel used in his position.

Rouge_Diablo

maybe we should just leave this topic for a while.....

mournerambler

I never once doubted Adrian Logan's professionalism in regards to this & I thought he covered the story with the dignity that Michaela, her husband John & the Harte family deserved, for me the shame lies with UTV.

ziggysego

It could be the case that Adrian offered his services to UTV, so that the Harte family would have someone trusted with the media and perhaps organising any media related stuff. Very professional man, with a lot of compassion.

On another note, very distasteful bringing this up now. This is a debate / argument best left for another day.
Testing Accessibility

Santino

I think UTV (and the BBC) have shown great dignity in their coverage so far and shouldnt have done anything different.
But Ziggys right, lets not drag this thread into tmrw. Its a time for supportive messages for any of the extended families involved who might read this.

Jinxy

I'm just glad it was Adrian Logan talking to Mickey and not some hack from TV3 or somewhere shouting questions at him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.