Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Moortown, there is no doubt Dromore were missing a lot of quality that day as well, but I honestly think at max there will be a 4 point swing.  I know Moy have been poor this year even Moortown beat them lol.

But few players coming back to fitness, need to start picking up points sooner rather than later, to build for the championship game
Living the dream!!!

tyronehead

Carmen,Ardboe,Coalisland,Omagh,Eglish,Clonoe,Dromore,Derrylaughan all to win
1/4finals
Carmen v Ardboe- Ardboe to win
Coalisland v Omagh - Omagh to win
Eglish v Clonoe -Clonoe to win
Dromore v Derrylaughan - Dromore to win
Semi-finals
Ardboe v Omagh - Ardboe to win
Clonoe v Dromore - Dromore to win
Final
Ardboe v Dromore- Ardboe by 5pts
Champions Ardboe

KIDDO 4

Loughmacrory 0.7 Eskra 1.5  tonight intermediate league inLoughmacrory.

Aaron Boone

Good luck to the hurlers in the Lory Meagher, bring it back home like in 09.

Throw-in midday in Croker.

attheraces

Quote from: WeeDonns on June 03, 2011, 10:28:27 AM
Quote from: bigfrank on June 02, 2011, 10:24:08 PM
Anyone hazard a guess when these games will be played?? Prob all pending how Tyrone do and whether they are in the back door of championship??? Draw 15 mins old and already peoples heads are racing thinkin about the warm summer evenings and the heat of champ ball...hard to beat!!!

It was discussed on this thread a while back and apparently is as below;

First Round of Senior Championship
July 29th to 31st and the first weekend of August 5th to 7th

Teams with County players to play the 1st weekend, and teams without them to play the 2nd weekend

So with last night's draw, it would be like below
1st Weekend
Errigal Ciaran v Carrickmore
Greencastle v Ardboe
Coalisland v Killyclogher
Omagh v Donaghmore
Dromore v Moy
Derrylaughan v Cookstown

2nd Weekend
Moortown v Eglish
Clonoe v Trillick

The previous press release didn't mention Junior & Intermediate and had a few mistakes in it, so expect it to turn out be different than above

AI Quarter Finals
29th to 31st July

I really hope the county board have a bit of sense and don't play any championship games until the league is over and that Tyrone are out of the championship, for a number of reasons.

It keeps the league more competitive right up until the end instead of the joke we have had for the last number of years at end of league campaigns. It also makes the length of seasons for club's teams similar across the board and gives a bit of structure and professionalism to the whole thing. The last while some club's seasons have effectively been over by July or earlier while others can drag out for months with very few competitive games.

Secondly if we wait until Tyrone are out of the championship it gives all teams a set target to prepare for with their county men fully on board, a full league campaign behind them and it means everybody is on a level footing. If this happens to be at the end of September so be it, a bit of cooler weather for club championship is a sufficient price to pay for an All-Ireland run.

Some may say this won't be appropriate for Ulster Club, but I really couldn't care less about that compeition and in reality Tyrone aren't going to reach the end of September year on year. The organisers have never give a damn about Tyrone teams and we shouldn't care if we cause any inconvenience to that joke of an operation. And even if we had to run the championship off in 5-6 weeks, it would lead to an action packed 6 weeks which would be fascinating after a good Tyrone tilt at the championship. It would also give the championship a bit of importance, wheras in past years it has been playing second fiddle to the AI.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: attheraces on June 03, 2011, 11:39:54 PM
Anyone hazard a guess when these games will be played?? Prob all pending how Tyrone do and whether they are in the back door of championship??? Draw 15 mins old and already peoples heads are racing thinkin about the warm summer evenings and the heat of champ ball...hard to beat!!!

Teams with County players to play the 1st weekend, and teams without them to play the 2nd weekend

1st Weekend
Greencastle v Ardboe
Omagh v Donaghmore
Dromore v Moy
Derrylaughan v Cookstown

2nd Weekend
Moortown v Eglish
Clonoe v Trillick

The previous press release didn't mention Junior & Intermediate and had a few mistakes in it, so expect it to turn out be different than above

AI Quarter Finals
29th to 31st July

I really hope the county board have a bit of sense and don't play any championship games until the league is over and that Tyrone are out of the championship, for a number of reasons.

It keeps the league more competitive right up until the end instead of the joke we have had for the last number of years at end of league campaigns. It also makes the length of seasons for club's teams similar across the board and gives a bit of structure and professionalism to the whole thing. The last while some club's seasons have effectively been over by July or earlier while others can drag out for months with very few competitive games.

Secondly if we wait until Tyrone are out of the championship it gives all teams a set target to prepare for with their county men fully on board, a full league campaign behind them and it means everybody is on a level footing. If this happens to be at the end of September so be it, a bit of cooler weather for club championship is a sufficient price to pay for an All-Ireland run.

Some may say this won't be appropriate for Ulster Club, but I really couldn't care less about that compeition and in reality Tyrone aren't going to reach the end of September year on year. The organisers have never give a damn about Tyrone teams and we shouldn't care if we cause any inconvenience to that joke of an operation. And even if we had to run the championship off in 5-6 weeks, it would lead to an action packed 6 weeks which would be fascinating after a good Tyrone tilt at the championship. It would also give the championship a bit of importance, wheras in past years it has been playing second fiddle to the AI.

Whilst I agree with the most of your post, if you don't care much for the Ulster club is your business, but I and many others from my club would love a proper crack at that competition, as the last time we played in it we had a week to prepare for it after winning our first senior title in 19 years, essentially we had little or no chance with seven days of a time span. And I know from chatting to many other club gaels that they value this competition and would dearly love to play it, more so that the county team doing well. But both can we managed if the CB don't cram the club championship into a 5 week spell. If they play the 1st round on the dates at the end of July, that means only three rounds left to play. Much more sensible and balanced approach for all invovled.

KIDDO 4

Kildress 0.11, Galbally 0.8 intermediate league  tonight in Kildress, ref Stephen McNamee

attheraces

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on June 04, 2011, 02:41:48 PM
Quote from: attheraces on June 03, 2011, 11:39:54 PM

1st Weekend
Greencastle v Ardboe
Omagh v Donaghmore
Dromore v Moy
Derrylaughan v Cookstown

2nd Weekend
Moortown v Eglish
Clonoe v Trillick

AI Quarter Finals
29th to 31st July

Whilst I agree with the most of your post, if you don't care much for the Ulster club is your business, but I and many others from my club would love a proper crack at that competition, as the last time we played in it we had a week to prepare for it after winning our first senior title in 19 years, essentially we had little or no chance with seven days of a time span. And I know from chatting to many other club gaels that they value this competition and would dearly love to play it, more so that the county team doing well. But both can we managed if the CB don't cram the club championship into a 5 week spell. If they play the 1st round on the dates at the end of July, that means only three rounds left to play. Much more sensible and balanced approach for all invovled.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love nothing more than to see a Tyrone team doing well in Ulster it's just, as you said yourself, Tyrone teams don't really get any helping hand from the Ulster Council regards fixtures, Coalisland was the same sure when they were playing 6 days after a county final and then there was a 2 week break until the following round.  It's just, with the fixtures at start of July, it still leaves a few league fixtures to be played and maybe 8 teams will be out of the championship and their season will be over, while another 8 may have to wait until end of September (Hopefully) and it can lead to the usual messing about that we get at the end of the season.

My point really is, if the county board have to cram fixtures at the end of the year so be it, it would be worth it if we had another AI and an uniterrupted run of senior club championship football. If not we would have week of August and September/October to carry out 4 rounds of fixtures without interupption which would be adequate as well.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

LeoMc

The championship first round is not until the end of July by which time the leagues will be all wrapped up. A quick look across all 3 divisions  shows how much more competitive the competition is .

KIDDO 4

Wednesday 8th June @ 7pm (Reserve) & 8.15pm (Senior)

O'Neill's All County Football League Division 1

Clonoe  v  Coalisland

Derrylaughlan  v  Cookstown

Eglish  v  Ardboe

Errigal Ciaran  v  Moortown

Greencastle  v  Dromore

Moy  v  Donaghmore

Omagh  v  An Charraig Mhor

Trillick  v  Killyclogher

O'Neill's All County Football League Division 2

Augher  v  Killyman

Clann na Gael  v  Urney

Gortin  v  Aghyaran

Newtownstewart  v  Strabane

Rock  v  Stewartstown

O'Neill's All County Football League Division 3

Killeeshil  v  Drumquin

Saturday 11th June
O'Neill's All County Football League Division 1@ 3pm (Reserve) & 4.30pm (Senior)

Ardboe  v  Trillick

O'Neill's All County Football League Division 1@ 5pm (Reserve) & 6.30pm (Senior)

Clonoe v  Moortown

Aghaloo  v  Errigal Ciaran III
Carrickmore III  v  Dungannon (Senior only)

Sunday 12th June @ 2.15pm (Reserve) & 3.45pm (Senior)

O'Neill's All County Football League Division 1

Coalisland v An Charraig Mhor
Cookstown  v  Dromore
Derrylaughlan  v  Donaghmore
Eglish  v  Errigal Ciaran
Killyclogher  v  Moy
Omagh  v  Greencastle

O'Neill's All County Football League Division 2

Edendork  v  Loughmacrory
Eskra  v  Clann na Gael
Gortin  v  Rock
Killyman  v  Galbally
Newtownstewart  v  Kildress
Stewartstown  v  Aghyaran
Strabane  v  Pomeroy
Urney  v  Augher

Brackaville  v  Tattyreagh
Castlederg  v  Derrytresk
Clogher  v  Beragh
Drumquin  v  Fintona
Killeeshil  v  Dregish
Owen Roes  v  Brocagh

@ 5pm (Reserve) & 6.30pm (Senior)
Drumragh  v  Glenelly

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on June 04, 2011, 08:20:35 PM
Kildress 0.11, Galbally 0.8 intermediate league  tonight in Kildress, ref Stephen McNamee

Kildress got a good result against Galbally. Kildress not playing really well but ticking along nicely.
Also looks like Edendork v Kildress will be tie of the round for intermediate championship if it was played today it would be 1st v 2nd. Should be a good game looks like the Tones will go in as underdogs in their first intermediate championship match in over 10 years. I wouldn't have believed that if you had told me the day after we got relegated last year!!!!

LeoMc

Why the double round of fixtures? Is it an attempt to squeeze a last couple of games in before the 14 day rule is invoked again?

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: LeoMc on June 07, 2011, 08:59:00 AM
Why the double round of fixtures? Is it an attempt to squeeze a last couple of games in before the 14 day rule is invoked again?

Its not really a double round of fixtures - all the wednesday matches were scheduled for last weekend but only the ties that didn't have a county panelist involved were played on Saturday. The rest had to be played after Tyrone game which is odd in my mind because I thought it was a starred round anyway!!!  ???

sandwiches_in_the_boot

15 mins: Omagh 0-00 Carrickmore 0-04
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Half time in Omagh: Omagh 0-01 Carrickmore 1-08

Omagh being played off the field. Both McMahons starting.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken