Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

In recent years? No. This year? Well yes.
Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

This comes up every year. There always a better team than the champions for some reason.

EC Unique

Quote from: ziggysego on November 22, 2010, 11:37:17 AM

What happens over 60 or 70 minutes in one game defines who is the better team? Not in my book. Any club can have an off day when things go wrong for one reason or another but it does not mean that over all the other team is better at football. Take your own club for example, I was in Dunmoyle this year when Galbally put Greencastle out of the Championship. On the day I thought Greencastle looked better but just missed out and this is confirmed on the league table. Do you see what I am getting at?

rrhf

Yes you are trying to create some sort of "champions in waiting" aura around errigal.  Id guess Errigal in terms of championship contenders for next year have as good a shout, but no better than say Ardboe, Clonoe, Carrickmore, Omagh and would be behind the Dromores and Coalislands of this world. Unfortunately the league was a bit of a farce this year, last years title was perhaps much better evidence of progress.  How much more is in the Mc Ginleys particulalry Cormac? or have you any f/b talent coming through?   I can only see Coalisland getting better by the way now they have the monkey off their back... Can the rest catch up? 

shezam

Quote from: Family guy on November 22, 2010, 09:54:31 AM
What was with the half time draw in eglish yesterday???It was never called out

It was, some fella Pat Mc Cann *I think* from Errigal won it.

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on November 22, 2010, 12:14:46 PM

What happens over 60 or 70 minutes in one game defines who is the better team? Not in my book. Any club can have an off day when things go wrong for one reason or another but it does not mean that over all the other team is better at football. Take your own club for example, I was in Dunmoyle this year when Galbally put Greencastle out of the Championship. On the day I thought Greencastle looked better but just missed out and this is confirmed on the league table. Do you see what I am getting at?

That's fair enough but when two teams like yourself and Coalisland set out at the start of the year to achieve the same goal and only one team achieves it they are the better side.

Strangly there would be more strength to you theory if Carrickmore had have won the AI. Then you could claim with a little more conviction that you met Coalisland on an off day.

Last week you were telling us that the league isn't important and now you are using it to back your claim.

nothingbettertobeat

id like to highlight how sensible the admission fee was in eglish yesturday.
if the county board kept their thinking cap on in these difficult times the neutrals will all be back out watching our national games. well done to Errigal yesturday and Moortown.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

ziggysego

Don't you hate it, when you discover gaaboarders are stalking you at work....
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on November 22, 2010, 12:33:38 PM
Yes you are trying to create some sort of "champions in waiting" aura around errigal.  Id guess Errigal in terms of championship contenders for next year have as good a shout, but no better than say Ardboe, Clonoe, Carrickmore, Omagh and would be behind the Dromores and Coalislands of this world. Unfortunately the league was a bit of a farce this year, last years title was perhaps much better evidence of progress.  How much more is in the Mc Ginleys particulalry Cormac? or have you any f/b talent coming through?   I can only see Coalisland getting better by the way now they have the monkey off their back... Can the rest catch up?

Were you at the game yesterday?
Enda played the last 2 games like we know he can. Due to injury he had a slow start to the year but is looking sharp now. With Cormac it is harder to know. He is injury prone but very effective when fit. About 32 I think so might be a season or 2 in him yet. Our full back line is probably our strongest Only Coalisland conceded less this year (145 Coalisland and 146 Errigal). DD McDermot has been excellent all year in FB as have Dasher McDermot and Aidy McRory in the 2 corners. I Expect McRory will get a trial with Tyrone now. 

I am a massive Errigal supporter so maybe I am a bit biast! :D

By the way I would not have Dromore on power with Coalisland, I think they are on a downward curve due to the team getting a bit older. They had a good few years though. I would fear Omagh the most next year because they, like Errigal, have loads of potential if they can just 'click'.

EC Unique

Quote from: Zapatista on November 22, 2010, 12:44:33 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 22, 2010, 12:14:46 PM

That's fair enough but when two teams like yourself and Coalisland set out at the start of the year to achieve the same goal and only one team achieves it they are the better side.

Strangly there would be more strength to you theory if Carrickmore had have won the AI. Then you could claim with a little more conviction that you met Coalisland on an off day.

Last week you were telling us that the league isn't important and now you are using it to back your claim.

Zap, the league is what it is and the Championship is where it is at. When Errigal get to a league final I would rather win it than not but believe me nobody is jumping up and down today in Errigal over the title. It is nice to win one but I take more satisfaction out of the manner in how both the semi and the final were played. It was an excellent game yeaterday, better than any club Championship game I saw this year and I heard many people including people from outside Errigal say the same.

It is over now and I know what our priority will be next year.

nrico2006

What does the future hold for Daisy McDermot?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 22, 2010, 02:21:17 PM
What does the future hold for Daisy McDermot?

If he plays football again, I would very much doubt if it will be with Errigal Ciaran.

Family guy

Maybe daisy will join aghaloo just to get a crack at errigal next year

EC Unique

Quote from: Family guy on November 22, 2010, 03:44:51 PM
Maybe daisy will join aghaloo just to get a crack at errigal next year

In a challenge match?

Family guy

Have you forgot about your thirds??Or do you only follow successful teams in your club