Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loughshore lad

Quote from: ONeill on May 15, 2007, 12:20:50 PM
Quote from: clarshack on May 15, 2007, 11:10:27 AM
just heard that he has a detached retina and requires 2 major operations and that at best will regain 50% vision in eye.

How reliable is this?

Unfortunately from what I am hearing this morning this may not be too far from the truth. Totally devasted for him so god only knows how he is feeling at the moment.

Fuzzman

Amazing there was no reaction from the Ardboe lads after it happened

On another note
Does  anyone subscribe to the Gaelic Life online Mag?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: loughshore lad on May 15, 2007, 12:26:59 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 15, 2007, 12:20:50 PM
Quote from: clarshack on May 15, 2007, 11:10:27 AM
just heard that he has a detached retina and requires 2 major operations and that at best will regain 50% vision in eye.

How reliable is this?

Unfortunately from what I am hearing this morning this may not be too far from the truth. Totally devasted for him so god only knows how he is feeling at the moment.

Calamity upon disastrous calamity for Brian at the minute.  All that matters now is that he returns to full health, and as quickly as possible; anything beyond that is a (massive) bonus. Best to him.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

Interesting reading the Kerry posters thread re. their TRUE feelings to Tyrone
Remember last year they were all
"We dont care about Tyrone as we are the Kingdom and we have nothing to prove against them"

Sounds a little Different 6 months later when the dust has settled.

Super Dooper Cooper says...

Biggest Threat: TYRONE.......I speak for all Kerry fans when I say we want another shot at Tyrone. Until we beat Tyrone a question will remain unanswered. Down are the only county Kerry have played but never beaten in the Championship (0/4) and while the record with Tyrone (1/2) is not as bad the longing to beat (this) Tyrone team is nearly as bad as Mayo's longing to beat us. Outside Tyrone take your pick Cork, Dublin, Armagh, Mayo don't think Donegal have done enough to be included in the elite group yet. Not the open championship everyone else is predicting.

I'd say they'd love another go at us but with a full squad to pick from.
This team wont get the respect it deserves until it wins an AI with no PTG influence as so called neutrals will always be waiting with that line in the wings.

Keals

Any body hear anything about the mass brawl at the brackaville clogher match at the weekend? Any truth that there where supporters from both sides on the pitch?? Typical Brackaville, cant stay out of trouble, always getting involved in fights. Maybe it would fit them better to concentrate on the football instead of fighting, an maybe they wouldnt be in Division 3.

laceer

wouldn't surprise me about b'ville.their supporters are extremly hostile no matter who they're playing.think they had a minor c'ship match abandoned a few weeks ago as well

Gabriel_Hurl

I echo the sentiments of everyone else here about Brian.

I don't even know what to say.

laceer

ditto gabriel.class footballer and good fella.all the best brian

Armamike

awful news for him if true. I sincerely hope he makes a full recovery.
That's just, like your opinion man.

KIDDO

Clogher2.8, Castlederg0.13, in Tyrone division 3  league tie played inClogher , this evening.

glencullrule

y would mcguigan be in ardboes 1st 12 list sure wasnt he injured for the start of the league.
big 1 tonight in carmen. ::) :o

EC Unique

Wot you think about tonight GR? On a good wee run in League espicially after beating Dromore in Dromore in both Senior and reserves without county men ;D  Any word on big Enda. I have heard different reports varying from a season to 3 weeks!!

clarshack

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 15, 2007, 11:22:41 PM
I was speaking to a referee tonight. He says that if Brian was prior to the match named on Ardboe's "list of 12" players that are ineligible to play reserve league football, he may (not 100% sure) not be covered by insurance to play the game, therefore any injury sustained would receive no payout through the injury scheme. If this is the case, then it could be a huge personal whammy for him, with his bad luck with injuries and the case of claiming insurance money during the time off with the broken leg receiving publicity. Could someone who perhaps knows better know what the situation would be?

I would safely say that coyle hamilton do not have "lists of 12" for every club.

Bensars

I agree its very very unlikely that insurers have a list of 12 for every club.

What may be confusing the referee is the need to named on the teamsheet to be eligable for insurance.

Anyway, afetr the balls up over the previous cover, insured or not insured, the same mistake wont or cant happen again.