Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KIDDO 4

Dromore were leading 7 points to 4, with play entering injury time when the ref had an asthmatic attack  , forcing the game to be abandoned, hardly suspicious circumstances, the ref SimonBrady Moy.

Norf Tyrone

That 'replayed' Dromore/ Aghyaran game is only to asscertain various home advantages at the top and bottom of the table isn't it?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

stillsenior

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 31, 2010, 05:57:37 PM
I hear there was a very small crowd at Coalisland game in Omagh and Damien O'Hagan on q101 saying there'd have been 3000 to 4,000 more if it had been in at Coalisland's ground with people attending from rite down to Ballinderry. Was unjustified decison but now they won Im sure the'island are happy enough.

Heard that Ulster Council representative at Killyman game 2 weeks ago was unhappy with grass banks, PA system and playing surface in Coalisland and reported this back. I also heard that Tyone rep on committee deciding venue was the only one who voted FOR today's game to be played in Coalisland 

barelegs

Just in from Breffni, after an absolutely brilliant game. Derrylaughan came back from 7 points down at one point to grab a deserved draw. They went on to dominate extra time and run out convincing winners in the end. A really gutsy performance in the end.

Should give the lads plenty of confidence to go on and reach an Ulster final now.

tyroneboi

Who were the main men for derrylaughan today barelegs?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: stillsenior on October 31, 2010, 07:52:22 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 31, 2010, 05:57:37 PM
I hear there was a very small crowd at Coalisland game in Omagh and Damien O'Hagan on q101 saying there'd have been 3000 to 4,000 more if it had been in at Coalisland's ground with people attending from rite down to Ballinderry. Was unjustified decison but now they won Im sure the'island are happy enough.

Heard that Ulster Council representative at Killyman game 2 weeks ago was unhappy with grass banks, PA system and playing surface in Coalisland and reported this back. I also heard that Tyone rep on committee deciding venue was the only one who voted FOR today's game to be played in Coalisland

Sounds fair enough but should this auditing not be done pre the Killyman game? What if someone was hurt at the Junior game would the UC be responsible?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

barelegs

Quote from: tyroneboi on October 31, 2010, 09:00:24 PM
Who were the main men for derrylaughan today barelegs?

Ciaran O'Hagan was outstanding in defence, Seamie Carron did well in midfield and up front Ciaran Quinn and John Taggart did well. Brendan Quinn grabbed the two goals from midfield which isn't to be sniffed at.To be honest its probably wrong to pick anyone out, all the lads gave it their all

Both Gervin brothers picked up injuries during the week, Liam with the Academy and Ciaran in training, which was a blow. Ciaran came on and scored 3 points from play which was a huge bonus. Should have Liam back for the semi final.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: longrunsthefox on Today at 05:57:37 PM

Quote from: stillsenior on Today at 07:52:22 PM

Quote from: longrunsthefox on Today at 10:42:45 PM

So they allowed supporters of ladies Ulster final teams to face those 'dangers' the following week? and had no problem with Clonoe there two years ago with same PA system, grass banks and playing surface which Tyrone have often played on... strange. seems there was more to it than that as they got no club champioship games this year either.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good whinge Foxy. Seems to me a lot of the County had a lot of sympathy for Coalisland and their plight. That is until you came on here gurning and whinging. Get over it......!!! Or perhaps go and lobby all those County Board men you seem to know and give us all a break on here.

Best of luck to Na Fianna in the semi final!

kicking king

was the last round of league games  not meant to be played together? very vry dissapointed in carrickmore and their big tradition (of throwin points apparently)

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: kicking king on November 01, 2010, 04:15:22 AM
was the last round of league games  not meant to be played together? very vry dissapointed in carrickmore and their big tradition (of throwin points apparently)

Must've missed that chapter in 'The Carrickmore Tradition'.

A team fighting for survival versus a team who were just beaten in a county final and with no league playoff. Hardly a shock.

Why don't you look at the round of league results from 25 Sept before you pick out one team for a whinge. Bottom clubs had plenty of opportunities to pick up points all year.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

longrunsthefox

Quote from: never kickt a ball on October 31, 2010, 11:58:15 PM

Quote from: longrunsthefox on Today at 05:57:37 PM

Quote from: stillsenior on Today at 07:52:22 PM

Quote from: longrunsthefox on Today at 10:42:45 PM

So they allowed supporters of ladies Ulster final teams to face those 'dangers' the following week? and had no problem with Clonoe there two years ago with same PA system, grass banks and playing surface which Tyrone have often played on... strange. seems there was more to it than that as they got no club champioship games this year either.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good whinge Foxy. Seems to me a lot of the County had a lot of sympathy for Coalisland and their plight. That is until you came on here gurning and whinging. Get over it......!!! Or perhaps go and lobby all those County Board men you seem to know and give us all a break on here.

Best of luck to Na Fianna in the semi final!

They hardly have a gripe just because I came on here.Talk to members of Coalisland and they going mad about it and with the county board. Aye, I agree the rest of the county sympathises with them, I didnt say otherwise.

Zapatista

Congrats to Coalisliand yesterday.

The Coalisland side I've spoken to regarding this is very different regarding the county board. Fianna members in Omagh yesterday were furious. They have been overlooked this year for club championship games and have been TOLD by county board it was for not 'co-operating' on Gervaghey. Then Ulster council won't give them the game on their ground which was fit to host Clonoe in Ulster champioship two years ago and has had big crowds for Tyrone games in the past. The official raesons they got were spectators comfort, media requirments and the application of safety legislation which Fianna people say are red herrings and none of these excuses stand up to scrutiny.

Wee Roddy

Congratulations to Coalisland. Glenties will not be handy beaten but you are one hour from an Ulster Final. Give her hell!

I will not say a pile about the Trillick game. Obviously it was not near a full strenght team as it was during the day on Saturday but there were some good performances. People seem to forget that Trillick beat us in the league at the start of the year last year. Were the points through then as well??

kicking king

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on November 01, 2010, 08:24:21 AM
Quote from: kicking king on November 01, 2010, 04:15:22 AM

Must've missed that chapter in 'The Carrickmore Tradition'.

A team fighting for survival versus a team who were just beaten in a county final and with no league playoff. Hardly a shock.

Why don't you look at the round of league results from 25 Sept before you pick out one team for a whinge. Bottom clubs had plenty of opportunities to pick up points all year.

not a shock as it was sorted a fortnight ago that the game was being thrown. at least if kildress go down we'll know that we played the thing out with no help from others

Family guy

Your right kicking king,if yous had of helped yourselves to more points yous wouldnt be in this situation,thats balls about the points being arranged 2 weeks ago as im sure carmen hadnt planned on being out of the championship,dont be so paranoid,trillick beat a dejected and demoralised team,would have been different outcome if they had of been preparing for an ulster semi final which im sure they had there targets set at