Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommo2

Coalisland people seem to be keeping a low profile re: the final. Big change from their most recent final appearance. Maybe they are more focussed and experienced. looking forward to a good final. Think it will be similar to the Carmen/Omagh semi as Coalisland would be a similar style team to Omagh, with several attack minded half backs and plenty of talented forwards. Carmen are Carmen. Tough, hard, experienced and good all-round ability.

rrhf

The ref will not decide this game.  2 tough games in 2 weeks will either sharpen Carmen or tire them.  Ive been mightily impressed with Carmen this year after seeing them struggle against Kildress in the league - their rise has been immense. and I have them as slight favourites over a Coalisland team with enough good players to win a title and who are on a mission this year.  In Tyrone football Ive seen many good young teams beat by Carrickmore and no logic needed, they just put more on the line and into the tackle than their opponents.  But Coalisland people will dream different dreams, For Colaisland to win they will need about an 8 point lead at half time, and to score at least 3 in the second half. 

Norf Tyrone

So what's the craic with this head to head rule then?

Reading today that Killeeshil did not know about this ruling which has led to their relegation, and that Stewartstown do not/ did not realise they won the league last week!

I believed that head to head would be used only to seperate where you finished in a play off but would not be used to differentiate league winners, relegation or if you were in/out of a play off spot. The paper today quoted the ruling, number et all. However I don't remember it getting aired during the year whatsoever.

Also I read in today's paper that the referee for Sunday's final is also the new Tyrone minor manager!!! I suspect they're getting their Aghyaran McHugh's miced up!!  :)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 21, 2010, 11:18:09 AM

Reading today that Killeeshil did not know about this ruling which has led to their relegation, and that Stewartstown do not/ did not realise they won the league last week!

I believed that head to head would be used only to seperate where you finished in a play off but would not be used to differentiate league winners, relegation or if you were in/out of a play off spot. The paper today quoted the ruling, number et all. However I don't remember it getting aired during the year whatsoever.

Also I read in today's paper that the referee for Sunday's final is also the new Tyrone minor manager!!! I suspect they're getting their Aghyaran McHugh's miced up!!  :)

was it not down to them not getting nough points that led to thier relegation ???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

on the sideline

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 21, 2010, 12:08:33 PM

was it not down to them not getting nough points that led to thier relegation ???

Hear that Kileeshil are set to appeal against automatic relegation because they are saying that they did not know about this ruling/ or that it came in after the league had started.  Have to say i was unaware of this head to head rule myself this year until the 2nd last league game.  If i was in their shoes i would also be appealing based on something i posted before:

If it is true then i think it is the wrong way to go about it because of the starred system we use because for example:
a) What if Kileeshil and Aghaloo had have been a starred game, and Kileeshil were missing Hub when they lost the game, is it fair that they should be relegated based on a result where the were not allowed to field their best player? (I know this didnt happen, but it could easily have been the case involving any of the teams with county men)

b) If the fixtures worked against you at the start of the year and you played all the teams with county players at full strength and loose while the team you ended up level with has some or all of those teams as starred games and win those games, and won the head to head, they have picked up easier points, and in that case I think the only fair thing to do is to have a head to head play-off.
[/quote]

DirtyDozen12

Does seem a bit strange when you look at the league table and see Aghaloo bottom and Killeeshil second bottom with the latter already relegated!!!

Aghaloo have a right chance of staying in D2 as well.  Strabane seem to be in free fall as well so could see Aghaloo pipping that game and then they play the winners of the promotion playoffs in D3 which again they would have to fancy there chances.

What has happened to Strabane, on paper they have some very good players but to me looked doomed to relegation?

Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

clarshack

what paper was this in?

Norf Tyrone

Agree with 'On the sideline', this ruling although fair in one context, is unfair in another as explained.

Clarshak- It was in article in today's Strabane Chronicle. If you think about it, if the scenario re Killeeshil is fact surely the same scenario applies to Stewartstown. The same rule for promotion as per relegation surely?

Regardless, there has been a f**k up somewhere from the County board, or club officials or us at the bottom of the tree who were talking instead of listening when this was mentioned. This could be the differance for us at Owen Roes between 16th and 17th in Div 3!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

clubland

Thinking of going to the tyrone final on sunday, what players should I keep an eye on in both teams

Family guy

Heard killeeshil had an appeal in alrite but has failed,was originaly meant to be 2 teams at the start that went straight down they were told,still doesnt add up why aghaloo get a playoff,cuthbert must be pulling the strings well,gets his cub in managing and helps aghaloo along as well

stalwart

Family guy

Welcome aboard mickey or should i call you stalwart  ;)

Archie Mitchell

How did the minor final go today?

Rocky Mc Guigan

longrunsthefox

Omagh ladies won their Ulster final as well. They beat Ballnascreen.