Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR99

Quote from: MR99 on May 21, 2010, 01:38:53 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on May 20, 2010, 11:20:54 PM
Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on May 20, 2010, 09:35:40 PM
Not far what I thought earlier today, but still a bit surprised Dooher's getting the start. I hear he's doing well, but would have like to have seen Petey Harte get the c'ship start under his belt. Only other slight surprise is Swift over McCarron maybe. Midfield's obviously missing arguably the two ideal starters as well, but can't do anything about that. Jury's still out on Ricey at half back, but he was improving toward the end of the league.
Still a very decent team, so long as FF can convert and Sean and Dooher can invigorate the HF line. Delighted to see big Joe back at half forward, he'll be able help in MF and can be moved into the half backs if they're suffering.

Should handle Antrim OK.

Glad to see swift starting actually. He had a great league performance last year and was close to securing a place before pulling out before the championship. He was Killycloghers outstanding player in the Championship last year too. He had a good start to the league this year too but didn't feature much in the latter stages. McCarron came in for the last two games (I think) in which he played well but did pick up two silly yellows against Kerry. McCarron could be a great man to bring in to fb or chb if we found ourselves struggling there.
Zap I'd say your club men will not be too happy with the selection.  What's the feeling about Dromore?  I reckon McCullagh, Red Sean and McCarron will be kicking themselves now that they didn't join McNabb and tog out for the club last week.  Can't understand McCarron not starting, was much better than Swift in the 2 games he played in the league and I'm told he is flying in training.  Harte obviously doesn't rate Red Sean as high as the rest of the county do, surely he wont be satisfied with getting 10 or 15 mins every game, Davey is a gimme on the teamsheet no matter how bad he plays in the league.  I'd say your next starred game will cause a lot of controversy!

backofthehand

McCarron and Red Sean both carring slight injuries.

MR99

Quote from: backofthehand on May 21, 2010, 02:02:06 PM
McCarron and Red Sean both carring slight injuries.
Very diplomatic answer! :o  Not true from what I hear but that's what Micky will want us thinking anyway.

backofthehand

Fact. McCarron groin, red Sean back spasm

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: backofthehand on May 21, 2010, 03:41:39 PM

Red Sean has had back problems, but McCarron is fit unless he picked something up in the last day or two.

Dooher is flying by all accounts, fittest man on the team near enough. Still, if there was gonna be a championship match to start Petey Harte, Sunday would be it.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Zapatista

Quote from: MR99 on May 21, 2010, 01:38:53 PM
Zap I'd say your club men will not be too happy with thew selection.  What's the feeling about Dromore?  I reckon McCullah, Red Sean and MCarron will be kicking themselves now that they didn't join McNabb and tog out for the club last week.  Can't understand McCarron not starting, was much better than Swift in the 2 games he played in the league and I'm told he is flying in training.  Harte obviously doesn't rate Red Sean as high as the rest of the county do, surely he wont be satisfied with getting 10 or 15 mins every game, Davey is a gimme on the teamsheet no matter how bad he plays in the league.  I'd say your next starred game will cause a lot of controversy!

I don't know to be honest. I'd say those lads were aware that they mightn't be starting. That's their own call.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: backofthehand on May 21, 2010, 03:41:39 PM

McCarron is okay and expect him in at some stage tomorrow... groin injury  ::) will be ok again   

Stall the Bailer

Glenelly won by 5 and Strabane win by 4 in championship tonight

KIDDO 4

Strabane 1.13 Loughmacrory 0.13 , with a  Strabane  player dismissed during the second half for a second yellow card .

Norf Tyrone

A rare good day for North Tyrone today. Glenelly and Strabane both win their respective Championship games, while Urney, Castlederg, Newtownstewart and Owen Roes reach their respective Championship finals at U14 level.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Ulick

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on May 21, 2010, 07:28:52 PM
Dooher is flying by all accounts, fittest man on the team near enough.

I still don't believe he'll start.

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on May 22, 2010, 11:31:54 PM
Quote from: Ulick on May 22, 2010, 11:22:43 PM
Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on May 21, 2010, 07:28:52 PM
Dooher is flying by all accounts, fittest man on the team near enough.

I still don't believe he'll start.
Isn't there a fine for that?

Yes.

Tyrone won't want any fines.

tyroneboi

Article in the Irish Times today on Tyrone club football and the link to county football:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2010/0522/1224270892970.html

skeog

noiel mc ginn must have been very disappointed with the display of his team last night, no passion shown, be a long season,
with only  league survival now to play for.

wheres he takin er from

First on the field and last to leave