Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookstownblue

Quote from: Final Whistle on April 09, 2010, 10:36:51 AM
Are we safe in assuming, that after last weekend's results at least, that last year's Ulster Intermediate Championship winners were not as strong as their predecessors??? ???

We would be assuming that Sherlock, as your basing that comment on one game, a game which last year's winners (Cookstown) were beat by the previous years's winners (Trillick), I would have thought that was an obvious one.......have you any other mind boggling statements to make......perhaps the sky is blue?????

Final Whistle

Calm down Cookstown Blue-we don't need you blowing your top again and coming out with a statement that makes you look like a pr*ck like before!

Quote from: cookstownblue on March 30, 2010, 04:17:59 PM
Quote from: western exile on March 26, 2010, 11:30:22 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 26, 2010, 10:26:24 AM
The clue might be in the name, for Jaysus' sake.
So if I started a new club tomorrow, and called it "Christ Ring GAC", it would automatically have a "great history" because of the name I choose,  without having won a game?
So we are clear...  I, in no way want to diminish the memory of the great man whose name is used in the name of this new club.  And I wish the club well in creating a "great history" in the future, but let us not get carried away and claim to have a great history before accomplishments have been made!
What a slaber you are, these lads are playing for the name of a great footballer and ambassador for his country- and your sitting in your milking parlour in the back ass of nowhere with your dodgy internet connection and "new" laptop trying to give them stick for promoting their club- get a life you creep, you obviously know nothin about GAA, your just a twisted nobody trying to be a big fella on this..............................now jog on

:D :D :D

trileacman

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 09, 2010, 11:33:11 AM
You's are right Mickey Harte doesn't have a clue. Should sack him and bring in the u21 management or Brian McIvor who once won a league title at county level.
Quote from: Final Whistle on April 09, 2010, 11:37:43 AM
Yes those U-21 Boyos would soon sort the thing out, quality set up!!

Great work there lads. Harte is obviously beyond criticism but other AI winning managers aren't?

Hypocrites.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

maximus

To even compare Harte to the standard of management at u21 level is ridiculous. May be your fellow clubman but it is hard to deny that the u21 setup hasn't been the best in the last few years. This year they failed to even put the best team available on the field and seemed to base their selection on reputations evidenced by the fact that they didn't even give clubs the opportunity to nominate players for trials. If they are in charge of a county team at any level they aren't exempt from criticism.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: trileacman on April 09, 2010, 03:57:22 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 09, 2010, 11:33:11 AM
You's are right Mickey Harte doesn't have a clue. Should sack him and bring in the u21 management or Brian McIvor who once won a league title at county level.
Quote from: Final Whistle on April 09, 2010, 11:37:43 AM
Yes those U-21 Boyos would soon sort the thing out, quality set up!!

Great work there lads. Harte is obviously beyond criticism but other AI winning managers aren't?

Hypocrites.

That's right... it is just a debate on who people think should or should not play. F** censorship...

maximus

That's right... it is just a debate on who people think should or should not play. F** censorship...

What do you mean?

longrunsthefox

I mean if people disagree with the team selection they get hammered by some posters for daring to criticise Mickey Harte's choices. Are people not entitled to their opinion?

maximus

Totally agree everyone has the right to state their opinion whether it is in keeping with Harte's team selection or not surely this is the point of a "discussion" forum. Sometimes the personal nature of the comments does however get out of hand for example some of the comments regarding Curran. Maybe he is a young lad affected by nerves whose mistakes are highlighted greatly as he is the last line of defence. Maybe with time he will improve as has been the case with some of the younger defenders who have been given several chances despite underperforming in some games. 

Final Whistle

Quote from: maximus on April 09, 2010, 05:01:16 PM
Totally agree everyone has the right to state their opinion whether it is in keeping with Harte's team selection or not surely this is the point of a "discussion" forum. Sometimes the personal nature of the comments does however get out of hand for example some of the comments regarding Curran. Maybe he is a young lad affected by nerves whose mistakes are highlighted greatly as he is the last line of defence. Maybe with time he will improve as has been the case with some of the younger defenders who have been given several chances despite underperforming in some games.

The person who described Curran as a clown is a moron fox. The young lad probably has friends/family or god forbid he might even be reading this himself! Lets not stop the discussion, as long as its healthy I'm all for it, but publicly putting him down..... ???

Club Rossa

Is Eoin McCusker still on the Tyrone panel?

trileacman

Here there is a major problem with some of the posts in the past few pages and its this.

If you are going to criticise the setup, selection or preformances of any individual then keep it above the belt. If you have the balls to sneer or make lilttle of the efforts of Harte, the U-21 setup, Johnny Curran, Davey Harte or anyone else then don't hide behind your username. These men are unpaid amatuers who regardless of their position deserve to be treated with respect. As every last one of them are AI winners at a paticular level I'd say there in a better position to speak than any troll on here.

If you are providing a balanced opinion that could be deemed constructive criticism then work away and we'll enjoy the debate. This is not a totalarian state and no-one is above criticism but equally no-one deserves the ridicule or criticism that is being leveled by nameless individuals at the minute. Keep it clean and impresonal ffs.

Anyway in my opinion I'm dissappointed with the selection, I thought we could have named a stronger selection for a match that decides our League tiering. I think Red Sean should be getting more of a chance as Harte seems doesnt seem to be rewarding new players for playing well and he isn't punishing old players for losing form. I don't think that is the way to run any team as it feeds complancey in the starters and disenchantment in the subs. But it could be argued that Harte is trying to help certain players find form so we'll wait and see.

I have no problem with Curran starting but only if Harte seriously considers playing him come championship. Also he needs to be told to drive it long and direct as we now have a midfield who can contest for the ball, an area where dublin are notable weak.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Rocky Mc Guigan

Tommo2

Has the Tyrone panel been trimmed or has it just happened by itsefl i.e. people like McCusker and Niall Gormley pulling the pin.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Agree with you trileacman, if anyone's going to publicly slate a player then at least be man enough and put your real name to it and not to hide behind an anonymous message board pseudonym; it's the least that the amateur player you're slating could ask for (and the team as a whole for that matter).

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

up tyrone

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 09, 2010, 06:36:40 PM
Quote from: Club Rossa on April 09, 2010, 05:58:56 PM
Is Eoin McCusker still on the Tyrone panel?
No-pulled the pin
Quit due 2 work commitments was getting up every morning at 4am something had 2 give nowadays the work is more important.