Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

As the Tyrone games in Omagh are for the county team, does anyone else feel that any club should be allowed to run a half time draw at them?   

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 08, 2010, 12:48:26 PM
As the Tyrone games in Omagh are for the county team, does anyone else feel that any club should be allowed to run a half time draw at them?

of course they should be allowed to run a draw. but surely so should every other club. cant see that happening though.
First on the field and last to leave

urbanboy

I think it would be a good idea if Club Tyrone organised the half time draw at County games and all club championship games

nothingbettertobeat

just looking at the tyrone team. does mickey harte want to us relegated?he has persisted in playing Johnny Curran from coalisland most of the season and hes been the reason why we have been langishing at the rear end of the table all season. maybe its just me that see's him as total liability.
by right we should be relegated at this stage dont know how were sitting on four points as it is.
shouldnt have won either game that we did need.if im to be honest im disappointed at where the Tyrone team is at as a team, only few weeks to the beginning of the Championship and to be perfectly honest alot of the players who have been playing in recent games another all Ireland is a bridge too far for some of them and it was proved last year, and the few of the current crop arent gonna physically step up to the corks in august and september. if anything we are weaker than last season. Dooher out of the scene and at the rear end of his career and Enda Mc Ginley great croke park player also away. Davy harte has had terrible twelve months ive been davys biggest fan past 7r8 years but i now feel his days as an intercounty player are up, why not play the likes of sean oneill in the half bac line as he is the future and likes of Mark donnelly and that should be given a run in the side aswell as marty swift dermot carlin mcikey murphy and cathal mccarron these boys been in and out without been given proper runs and have done well in when they have played.also believe colm mc cullugh deserves more game time need stephen oneill back at 14 if we are to do anything. and if were going to persist in playing colm cavanagh at midfield we are an accident ready to happen.as he simply aint good enough to play in that position at that level. anybody that doesnt agree il promise u some da over the summer we get taken to cleaners there and il go back to this post nd il say i told you so.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

cookstownblue

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on April 09, 2010, 01:38:22 AM
just looking at the tyrone team. does mickey harte want to us relegated?he has persisted in playing Johnny Curran from coalisland most of the season and hes been the reason why we have been langishing at the rear end of the table all season. maybe its just me that see's him as total liability.
by right we should be relegated at this stage dont know how were sitting on four points as it is.
shouldnt have won either game that we did need.if im to be honest im disappointed at where the Tyrone team is at as a team, only few weeks to the beginning of the Championship and to be perfectly honest alot of the players who have been playing in recent games another all Ireland is a bridge too far for some of them and it was proved last year, and the few of the current crop arent gonna physically step up to the corks in august and september. if anything we are weaker than last season. Dooher out of the scene and at the rear end of his career and Enda Mc Ginley great croke park player also away. Davy harte has had terrible twelve months ive been davys biggest fan past 7r8 years but i now feel his days as an intercounty player are up, why not play the likes of sean oneill in the half bac line as he is the future and likes of Mark donnelly and that should be given a run in the side aswell as marty swift dermot carlin mcikey murphy and cathal mccarron these boys been in and out without been given proper runs and have done well in when they have played.also believe colm mc cullugh deserves more game time need stephen oneill back at 14 if we are to do anything. and if were going to persist in playing colm cavanagh at midfield we are an accident ready to happen.as he simply aint good enough to play in that position at that level. anybody that doesnt agree il promise u some da over the summer we get taken to cleaners there and il go back to this post nd il say i told you so.

agree with every word, the best breakdown of the current tyrone side iv seen on this site!

Final Whistle

Are we safe in assuming, that after last weekend's results at least, that last year's Ulster Intermediate Championship winners were not as strong as their predecessors??? ???

Tyrone Dreamer

Jeez some Tyrone supporters are hard work. The same crap was posted in 2008. Tyrone have played weakened teams throughout the league and gave a lot of new players chances. Despite struggling still beat the 2 best teams in the country and only lost 2 other games by a point. I'll judge the season at the end of the championship not the start of April.

Final Whistle

::) Optimistic post for the year ahead, you have criticised  players there and have the audacity to validate it with some da over the summer we get taken to cleaners there and il go back to this post nd il say i told you so ***(NOTE-THAT IS NOT MY USE OF ENGLISH, TAKEN FROM NOTHINGBETTERTOBEAT'S POST-I CAN COUNT BEYOND 10)***

By your logic, can we then go at the end of each game that J.Curran, D.Harte and CC excel in and rub it up your nose?
Of course certain players will have poor games, its the nature of sport. Must we look forward to your incessant gloating each time one of your fellow Tyrone gaels has an off day? Is that the type of supporter our spoilt riddens 00s has left us with? Waiting in the wings until one of your own drops a clanger and then ridiculing them because they were not performing to your  :D :D :D high standards???

Some Tyrone supporter you are!!!

MR99

Quote from: cookstownblue on April 09, 2010, 08:53:45 AM

agree with every word, the best breakdown of the current tyrone side iv seen on this site!
I support this view also.  Is Micky a masochist playing Curran in goals or is it that his own pride is taking centre stage?  McCarron has got to be gutted, when is he ever going to get the No. 3 position that he deserves, Dromore guys tell me he was absolutely outstanding last week in their game against Clonoe, surely Ricey or Davey preferably has to give way to get him a start.  Is Red Sean going to stay in the panel if he is constantly only getting 10 or 15 minutes as he will again this Sunday.  Glad to see Mark Donnelly getting another chance, hopefully in the full forward line this time.  Fennell is a serious attacking threat from midfield so Micky plays 2 attacking midfielders against him???  Micky Murphy or Hub would suit much better for this game.  I hear McCullough is injured so that may explain his absence.

In saying all that Dublin are a poor outfit and Tyrone will still win.

Tyrone Dreamer

You's are right Mickey Harte doesn't have a clue. Should sack him and bring in the u21 management or Brian McIvor who once won a league title at county level.

Final Whistle

Yes those U-21 Boyos would soon sort the thing out, quality set up!!

nothingbettertobeat

hold on a minute here i never once said sack the man, i sometimes Question his over loyalty to men who im rating on game time this season not on training and stuff as i dont knowthe ins and outs of ot all. men that like havent done it and is persisiting with them. if your to run a tight ship you can't let men live in the comfort zone when they have a few bad games they should be dropped like any of the rest, just cause you've three all Irelands a few years after winning your last one shouldnt mean you cant be chopped like the rest of the squad.
as them all Irelands will count for f**k when the season starts. again il say im judging this by what ive seen on the field this season, any game that ive seen John Curran this season ive been astounded that their aint any better keepers in tyrone in this position at the moment, that clown reminds me of fabien barthez nobody knows what hes going to do next. maybe im been totally out of line here i dont know but thats my opinion and thats what forums are for. ive been to every tyrone game bar one this season as i had a friends wedding the same day. i was present in the shambles of galway, paid good money all season to follow them so think im entitled to my own opinion.everything i said in that last post is justified on league form and club football the past 12-18 months.
of sean oneill in the half bac line as he is the future and likes of Mark donnelly and that should be given a run in the side aswell as marty swift dermot carlin mcikey murphy and cathal mccarron these boys been in and out without been given proper runs and have done well in when they have played.also believe colm mc cullugh deserves more game time need stephen oneill back at 14 if we are to do anything. thats the points.

as for the U21 managers dont get me started on them. never seen worse. ideal men for Tyrone U21'S are Peter Canavan and Paddy Tally. Tally the reason behind Downs surge this season and are best watched in the All Ireland Series. I also have alot of Time for Mc Ivor another great manager. but sure we already have one so dont need one  :P :P :P :P
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

longrunsthefox

... aye but you voiced your opinion and that is not on!

Club Rossa

I would prefer to see McConnell in goals for this game.
Curran isn't the only Tyrone player that has struggled in this seasons campaign and i don't like to single him out but as the last line of defence he doesn't inspire much confidence and his kickouts have been awful.
As orangeman said earlier,his kickouts last weekend against Ardboe were spot on,very accurate and got great distance on them.So perhap's he suffers from nerves or lack of confidence when playing for the county.
Whatever the reasons for it ,hopefully he will come good on Sunday.

tyrone86

The Curran selection certainly is an interesting one. If I recall correctly, Harte exiled Peter Ward to the inter-county wilderness after a similar implosion during an Under 21 championship match in Omagh in 2002 and he never got a look in since.

As for the match, Tyrone should have enough in the tank to see this through - a strong enough selection and a the need for a win should get them over the line.