Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheres he takin er from

Is mickey O'Neill no longer under 21 keeper or do under 21 team rotate keepers too
First on the field and last to leave

usa07

rrhf

I think theres the odd man around here just burying their head in the sand.  I think a little posiive criticicsm is very justifiable at this time.  Im not happy with the way things are progressing and the quality being produced.  Harte has proven himself to be able to manage this great group of players to great things... can he rebuild and integrate with new blood..Can he trust new blood These questions are current?  I opersonally believe some of the panellists are too young, but by the same token I believe some have become career panellists and have relaxed in the bench warming role.  the loss of Mc Keown and Mark Donnelly are very disappointing for the county.   

longrunsthefox

Cathal McCrory is  a loss too...

Tommo2

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 09, 2010, 10:00:31 AM

Why is he not playing.

Any word of Daisy these days?

longrunsthefox

Seems he didn't go for it this year... not sure why... good player

the goal was on

i have it from first hand source the tyrone u21 team is

o neil,mc dermot,l o neil,girvan,k mossey, m gallagher, r mc nabb, p devlin, m mc kenna, k coney, n mc kenna, c harkin, shea mc guigan, m donnelly, p harte

good team we need a boost ahead of the weekend

Zapatista

Bet the management (who are the only possible first hand source) are delighted ye let us know.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: rrhf on March 08, 2010, 02:25:21 PM
I fear that not enough of the new guys were given enough chances to bed down a position.  When you take the example of Cassidy yesterday possibly Tyrone best performer, he has been given the chance to learn his position and the results for Tyrone or great.  On the other end of the stick Sean O Neill Tyrone outstanding half back will only ever get a corner back jersey it seems.  I think Mickey has only shown token faith in the new guys, and they may feel they have little to offer.   In reality the  height of the plan seems to be to wait until the old guard returns - Cavanagh and O neill have an awful lot to offer, but if they are starting Mellon and Dooher later in the year - I fear the worst.  Kyle Coney, Ronan Mc Nabb, Niall Mc Kenna, Petie Harte etc must be now considering their roles as well - hopefully not, but they would probably be best developed by playing for their clubs.  I think both Tyrone and Harte will shortly be paying a high price, I think relegation is looking like a certainty this year.  I would also like Mickey to focus on his team rather than the media for a wee while too - Im sick of all the crap.         

I would be astonished if they are. These boys were playing Minor two years ago and its not realistic to expect them all to be breaking through as regular starters on the Senior team at this stage. They are all getting good experience this season which will stand them well for the years ahead. Any player knocking at the door should be looking at the examples of the likes of Penrose and Tommy McGuigan who worked hard, earned a regular starting place and took on real responsibility in the team.

We always see these kind of knee jerk reactions when Tyrone have an iffy run. The truth is Harte has been evolving his panel steadily over the past few seasons and is continuing to do so. Worth pointing out too that whilst its 3 defeats in 3 games 2 of them were by a single point. We could quite easily be sitting with 2 narrow wins from 3 games and no doubt everything would then be hunky dory. Lets give them a chance to get it right. 

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 09, 2010, 07:58:46 PM
Quote from: rrhf on March 08, 2010, 02:25:21 PM
I fear that not enough of the new guys were given enough chances to bed down a position.  When you take the example of Cassidy yesterday possibly Tyrone best performer, he has been given the chance to learn his position and the results for Tyrone or great.  On the other end of the stick Sean O Neill Tyrone outstanding half back will only ever get a corner back jersey it seems.  I think Mickey has only shown token faith in the new guys, and they may feel they have little to offer.   In reality the  height of the plan seems to be to wait until the old guard returns - Cavanagh and O neill have an awful lot to offer, but if they are starting Mellon and Dooher later in the year - I fear the worst.  Kyle Coney, Ronan Mc Nabb, Niall Mc Kenna, Petie Harte etc must be now considering their roles as well - hopefully not, but they would probably be best developed by playing for their clubs.  I think both Tyrone and Harte will shortly be paying a high price, I think relegation is looking like a certainty this year.  I would also like Mickey to focus on his team rather than the media for a wee while too - Im sick of all the crap.         

I would be astonished if they are. These boys were playing Minor two years ago and its not realistic to expect them all to be breaking through as regular starters on the Senior team at this stage. They are all getting good experience this season which will stand them well for the years ahead. Any player knocking at the door should be looking at the examples of the likes of Penrose and Tommy McGuigan who worked hard, earned a regular starting place and took on real responsibility in the team.

We always see these kind of knee jerk reactions when Tyrone have an iffy run. The truth is Harte has been evolving his panel steadily over the past few seasons and is continuing to do so. Worth pointing out too that whilst its 3 defeats in 3 games 2 of them were by a single point. We could quite easily be sitting with 2 narrow wins from 3 games and no doubt everything would then be hunky dory. Lets give them a chance to get it right.

Agree totally. Especially crazy comment when you consider Coney played a few McKenna Cup games and started v Derry & Mayo. McNabb started v Derry & came on v Mayo. Peter Harte also came on in both matches. McKenna got plenty of time in McKenna Cup and has big future ahead of them. No u21's were considered for selection on Sunday due to tomorrow night's game. Hopefully they're ruled out for a few more!

KIDDO 4

1          Tim  Harney - Gleann Eallaigh
2          Aidan Girvan - Carraig
3          Ronan McNamee - Achadh Uí Aráin
4          Kevin Mossey - An Goirtin
5          Ronan McNabb - An Droim Mor
6          Louis O Neill - Oilean a Ghuail
7          Gavan Teague - Ard Bó
8          Mark Mc Kenna - Cabhán a Chaorthain
9          Niall McKenna - Domnach Mhór
10         Kieran Gervin - Doire Locháin
11         Peter Harte - Aireagal Chiarain
12         Collie Harkin - An Taite Riabhach     
13         Kyle Coney - Ard Bó
14         Mattie Donnelly - Trí Leac
15         Diarmuid Mc Nulty - An Goirtin

16         Mickey  O Neill - Cluain Eo
17         Brian Mc Garvey - An Goirtin
18         Finbarr McQuaid - Eochair
19         Tiernan Mc Cann - Coill an Chlochair
20         Michael Gallagher - An Omaigh
21         Emmett Mc Kenna - Eaglais
22         Peter Devlin - Baile na Móna
23         Danny  McDermott - An Caislean Glás
24         Shea McGuigan - Ard Bó
25         Aidan Connolly - Achadh Uí Aráin

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on March 10, 2010, 12:26:17 AM
1          Tim  Harney - Gleann Eallaigh
2          Aidan Girvan - Carraig
3          Ronan McNamee - Achadh Uí Aráin
4          Kevin Mossey - An Goirtin
5          Ronan McNabb - An Droim Mor
6          Louis O Neill - Oilean a Ghuail
7          Gavan Teague - Ard Bó
8          Mark Mc Kenna - Cabhán a Chaorthain
9          Niall McKenna - Domnach Mhór
10         Kieran Gervin - Doire Locháin
11         Peter Harte - Aireagal Chiarain
12         Collie Harkin - An Taite Riabhach     
13         Kyle Coney - Ard Bó
14         Mattie Donnelly - Trí Leac
15         Diarmuid Mc Nulty - An Goirtin

16         Mickey  O Neill - Cluain Eo
17         Brian Mc Garvey - An Goirtin
18         Finbarr McQuaid - Eochair
19         Tiernan Mc Cann - Coill an Chlochair
20         Michael Gallagher - An Omaigh
21         Emmett Mc Kenna - Eaglais
22         Peter Devlin - Baile na Móna
23         Danny  McDermott - An Caislean Glás
24         Shea McGuigan - Ard Bó
25         Aidan Connolly - Achadh Uí Aráin

Derry should be able to beat that team handy enough.

Club Rossa

I agree,Derry should win.Does anyone know who tonight's umpires are?

quit yo jibbajabba

boys, would one of yous not rise to "tonesisafoolfirstandlast" post;

the more yous occupy him on this thread, the longer he'll stay away from the derry one....

EC Unique

Quote from: Tommo2 on March 09, 2010, 10:08:07 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 09, 2010, 10:00:31 AM

Why is he not playing.

Any word of Daisy these days?

Cathal decided to keep to club football this year.

Daisy is due to be 'intergrated back into society' this week I think!!