Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randomtask

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on November 10, 2009, 12:14:39 AM
Despite the criticism for our surroundings coming from the Omagh source perhaps he would care to visit our facilities , which include a fully laid synthetic pitch, a further sand carpet pitch to be completed in 2011, and time to win 2 county championships and 5 senior league since 2003,  we must be doing something correct in this rural outpost .

i didn't Say yous were doing anything wrong, i just stated your changing rooms are terrible and your surface isn't the greatest, and i hear from several sources the 3G pitch is being used more by soccer teams than anything. the reference was nothing to do with dromores performance on the field, talk about siege mentality!

Rocky Mc Guigan

Anybody any info on how disciplinary meeting went with regards to Omagh last night

EC Unique

Quote from: randomtask on November 09, 2009, 11:47:59 PM
now that club football is done and dusted for another year, i thought that like our relatives from hoganstand we could have some sort of awards ceremony to show our appreciation to all the clubs who achieved in 2009! mines are:

1. County player of the Year - Kevin Hughes

2. County match of the Year - Down vs. wicklow

3. Club match of the Year - Ardboe vs Dromore (county final)

4. Club Team of the Year - Naomh Colmcille

5. Favourite venue in the County ( excluding Healy Park and your own ground ) - cappach have a great surface these days

6. Least Favourite venue - Dromore, changing roomsare terrible,  surface isn't much better

7. Biggest contributor to Tyrone GAA this year - Moby think he was present at nearly every championship match i was at this year whether it was senior, intermediate or Junior. also does mighty work promoting GAA in strabane

8. Nicest club strip in the County - have a fancy for errigals strip
9. Ugliest strip in the County - dregish

10. Favourite overall moment of 2009 - our brilliant performance from our youth and are showing good progression from youth to senior through the winning of the under 21 title.

Thank God we got something :D

DCR

Quote from: MR99 on November 09, 2009, 04:56:13 PM
Congrats to Errigal, a league title was deserved for the way the played all year and I think they were definitely the most consistent league team and will be hard to stop next year.  A Big worry for Carmen if teams are going to put men like young Harte and Collie McCullagh at CHF to expose Gormley's lack of pace, why was Conor ever moved from the midfield in the first place, especially when Ciaran McAleer is quite a good CHB?  I think with Dromore and Errigal being the victors this year with local managers, maybe teams have to look again at the benefit of outside managers with their high fees and what they bring to their clubs. 

Hard luck to Dromore yesterday, nothing seemed to go right for them on the day but I am sure them boys will be back, they would have taken a Tyrone title and losing in the first round of Ulster at the start of the year.  Losing McMahon before the throw in was a major blow then having to bring him on early when clearly not fully fit for the unfortunate Kevin Donnelly didn't help matters.  The referee giving Clontibret a point that was clearly wide (as confirmed by the umpire) certainly didn't give them any belief that they were going to get justice.  In fairness it was hard hitting but nothing cynical and the ref done a reasonable job after that.  It takes that much effort for club's to win the Tyrone Club Championship that they always seem to be knackered by the time they reach the Ulster Club.  It is similar to the way the Ulster Inter County teams used to be when they won Ulster they could not perform in the All-Ireland.  Clontibret, St. Galls, St. Eunan's etc... dont have much opposition in their own county and can come into the Ulster Club with a freshness that Tyrone club's cant.
Any team will not win many games in Ulster if its forwards can only score a couple of points from play over the course of 65 minutes (or so )

Wee Roddy

Where in gods name does all this rubbish about Conor Gormley having a lack of pace come from?? As I have said on here before, he is not slow. Anyone who was in Pomeroy on Saturday would have noticed the pace he still has at least twice in the first half while sprinting to close people out of shooting.
Congratulations to Errigal and it is fitting that they won the league as they won it in the first place without 3 very influential players. A league final played after a replay in the 1st week of November, after Tyrone qualified for an All Ireland semis, is no mean feat so congrats to all involved in the administration end of it as well.

MR99

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 10, 2009, 10:53:54 AM
Where in gods name does all this rubbish about Conor Gormley having a lack of pace come from?? As I have said on here before, he is not slow. Anyone who was in Pomeroy on Saturday would have noticed the pace he still has at least twice in the first half while sprinting to close people out of shooting.
Congratulations to Errigal and it is fitting that they won the league as they won it in the first place without 3 very influential players. A league final played after a replay in the 1st week of November, after Tyrone qualified for an All Ireland semis, is no mean feat so congrats to all involved in the administration end of it as well.

I would add my congrats to Moby and the way that he got all the games wrapped up in early November when other counties who finished their county involvement in July and early August are still trudging out games on unplayable pitches.  It is a pity that he is supposedly going for the County chairman job as he done such a good job in the CCC, hopefully he will still have a good influence in the CCC

mick the master

Rumour is that Moby is going for the chairman job but inside the county board they dont want him to get,well not just yet anyway.Donal Magee is the man they want at the moment!

DCR

Quote from: mick the master on November 10, 2009, 11:29:06 AM
Rumour is that Moby is going for the chairman job but inside the county board they dont want him to get,well not just yet anyway.Donal Magee is the man they want at the moment!
Thought it was a "given" that the Vice Chair stepped up.

orangeman

Quote from: DCR on November 10, 2009, 12:32:28 PM
Thought it was a "given" that the Vice Chair stepped up.

Usually but not always -  Michael Mc Goldrick was vice chair a couple of years ago wasn't he ?

Doogie Browser

Collie Holmes announced his retirement from Inter County Football.

orangeman

Loyal servant to the Tyrone cause who gave it all and doesn't owe Tryone anything.

Holmes retires from Tyrone duty 

Tyrone midfielder Colin Holmes has retired from intercounty duty.

Holmes informed manager Mickey Harte of his decision last week after playing for Tyrone for more than a decade.

The Moy native started for Tyrone in last year's All-Ireland final after coming on as a substitute in the 2003 and 2005 Sam Maguire triumphs.

His versatility made him a regular in the Tyrone squad since the mid-1990s and he picked up his first Ulster SFC medal as far back as 1996.

Holmes, who has played club football for Armagh Harps in recent years, won further Ulster Championship medals in 2001, 2003, 2007 and this season and also played on Tyrone's National League winning squads in 2002 and 2003.

He first came to provincial and national prominence by helping Tyrone clinch the 1993 Ulster Minor title.

One of his most memorable displays was last year's All-Ireland quarter-final win over Dublin when the recalled Holmes helped the Red Hands stun the Leinster Champions at Croke Park.

Holmes' chances of regular Tyrone starts were often hindered by injury but invariably he did a solid job for the Red Hands when called upon.

MR99

Magee would not be the most popular, I have no doubt that if it goes to a vote then Moby would be a cert.

DCR

Collie Holmes - modest; unassuming; underrated player and a very nice person, who has given 16 years to the Tir Eoghain cause. Not many can say that.
Pity that the old "internals" caused him to see out his playing career in Armagh.

redhandloo

Collie played in all 3 All-Ireland finals.  Not many can say that.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone