Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: tyroneman on September 14, 2009, 12:17:21 AM
Quoteone man band raymond mulgrew seems to be seriously lacking in confidence his shimmys and dummys werent working like they used to at minor level.

lucky to be on the Cookstown 15 never mind the Tyrone squad by some accounts...........................

dont think he'll be about in tyrone squad next season.its a shame seems good enough lad.
anybody seen any potential county stars for next season this weekend?
i was impressed by one of the gervins for derrylaughran 2day.number 7 wing half way.ii know its intermediate but looked like he could eat up the grass in front of him and also finish with both feet
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

randomtask

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on September 14, 2009, 12:34:36 AM
Quote from: tyroneman on September 14, 2009, 12:17:21 AM
Quoteone man band raymond mulgrew seems to be seriously lacking in confidence his shimmys and dummys werent working like they used to at minor level.

lucky to be on the Cookstown 15 never mind the Tyrone squad by some accounts...........................

dont think he'll be about in tyrone squad next season.its a shame seems good enough lad.
anybody seen any potential county stars for next season this weekend?
i was impressed by one of the gervins for derrylaughran 2day.number 7 wing half way.ii know its intermediate but looked like he could eat up the grass in front of him and also finish with both feet

liam gervin, minor this year and only a 6th year at acedemy very useful footballer

randomtask

1. peter ward
2. martin me geown
3. colm mc gurk
4. martin swift
5. davy harte
6. justin mc mahon
7. liam gervin
8. joe mc mahon
9. enda clarke
10. tommy mc guigan
11. barry collins
12. shay mc guigan
13. ciaran gervin
14. mark donnelly
15. eoin mulligan

team of the weekend anyone else care to have a go?

barelegs

Quote from: littleoak on September 14, 2009, 12:07:49 AM
have to say the men from the washing bay put up a gutsy performace tonight in dungannon andbut for mulligan playin his all ireland final would have been home and hosed. Two deadly chances to net onr in first ten min missed and one when it was a one point game ciiaron gervins goal was pure class 60 yards and four quick one twos back of da net deadly!!!!!!!!!!! These lads have a bright future considering that all barr that brady lad and kevin coary are under 24 fair play to you barrys was willing you on even though  neutral and found myself hoping for a moortown win as well after listening to some oul ganch in a pink shirt in the stands  roarin abuse and ravin like a donkey in the stand did anyone else clock this ganch??????? .22 would of done the job!!!!! Two great games anyhow bring on the replay !Mick hagans goal was also unbeleivable outside of left boot top right corner peach !!!!!!! some skank about too  ;)

Ciaran Gervin didn't score the goal, it was Fergal McAliskey got the second one. Was a fantastic bit of interplay alright. If the Barry's can produce that form again in the playoffs then I think they could just go up. The only thing I would say is they may need another midfielder. Ciaran Gervin's attacking potential is severly blunted when played there. In saying that he kicked a fantastic point in the first half. Liam's still minor next year, has a bright future.

As for the clown from Greencastle in the stand, the less said the better. I'll not hold it against them. Thought PJ Quinn was quiet today. Enda Clarke was exceptional for Greencastle wouldn't be against seeing a bit more of him in January in the McKenna Cup.

l-iver

Quote from: longrunsthefox on September 13, 2009, 11:17:36 PM
Quote from: randomtask on September 13, 2009, 11:15:33 PM
was atthe dromore errigal match today, absoulte joke ref played for a drew yet again something needs to be done like. although dromore will easily beat errigal the next day out

What is wrong with youse Omagh boys? Met a few at the match as well and crying and girning about loss to Ardboe. Get over it...

So " fox" you would condone the incident involving Mc Conville and Mc Peake that lead to the Ardboe goal??

Zapatista

Ward's reputation exceeds him. He wasn't involved in the clash with Harte.

All round it was a tough game for anyone to be involved in. EC had a great spell in the first 10 minutes. Dromore then took control and scored 1.4 without reply. McCullagh converting 1 of Dromores 3 goal chances in the first half. EC again started very strong in the second half. Dromore looked like they took control again after the first 10 minute but couldn't convert scoring chances.

I thought the ref played for the draw awarding a free out against McMahon for over carring (I thought McMahon was fouled) which led to the EC sideline in 4-5minute of injury time. THe high ball in which McCarron broke down (couldn't catch it as was being held) and was being dragged back before Teague picked it off the ground resulting in the free in to EC.

(edit to remove another foul mention which I see in footage wasn't a foul)

Wee Roddy

I really enjoyed all the football over the weekend even if the standard was not off a great quality at times. The refs are letting the games flow albeit they are not getting everything right. Decision of the weekend must go to John McCann who could have played for a draw in the Eskra Stewartstown games but realised that the Stewartstown lad bent down for the ball and miscontrolled it, resulting in him going down. Eskra went up and scored the insurance point from it and time was up.
If I was a neutral, which I am not, then I would not put a penny on the outcome of thias years championship after the draw. Ardboe will now become the bookies favourites because of their draw, but Killyclogher will relish this and will be very hard to beat. In Carlin and Swift they have man markers who can sniff anyone out on their day, although Swift did start showboating towards the end of the Galbally match which resulted in a couple of turnovers.
Errigal and Dromore are back in Carmen again as I predicted but the outcome may well be swung in Dromores favour with the loss of the 2 Hartes. Its not Davys form I know but I would suggest that he thought they were out and pure frustration led to him lashing out. Eoin McCusker will never be as quiet again and surely Sean O'Neill will not give Kieran McGinley as much space again. Having said that Errigals obvious shortfalling in their forward line are compensated with a savage workrate and they will take confidence from their fightback. They have talent to replace the 2 Hartes with Brian Mullan and John Kelly, who did well, likely to start. As for Carmen , i cant wait for the semi final already. We have a good record in semis over the yearsS. We will need to improve upfront though with only Mark Doneely really firing as of yet. Defensively Carmen are sound, although there is talk of Ciaran McAleer being absent because of honeymoon. Knowing Dan he will probably swim home to play though.
So I am going for 2 draws in the semifinals to send the county board into meltdown over fixture congestion.

ziggysego

Quote from: barelegs on September 14, 2009, 01:08:28 AM
Enda Clarke was exceptional for Greencastle wouldn't be against seeing a bit more of him in January in the McKenna Cup.

We've been saying that for a long time now. Hopefully 2010 :)

Just for the record, I was under the scoreboard ;)
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Highlights from the weekend's action is now up on Jerome's site.

http://vimeo.com/user1785268
Testing Accessibility

Any craic

ziggysego

Well according to Jerome yesterday, it's better linking to his site. He's trying to gather up big hits to the site so he can encourage local television channels to show Championship game highlights.
Testing Accessibility

clarshack

defence cost us yesterday against eskra. our centre half back was suspended from the 1st championship game earlier in the year and there were fitness doubts going into the game over full back and corner back and it showed as we were all over the place in the 1st half. eskra's 1st goal was a gift though - the keeper and not the corner back should have been taking the free out which went straight to eskra.

eskra were better organised and worked harder and were in control for long periods and we didnt get going until we went down to 14 men with about 10 mins left. however if you take away the gift of a goal and with gareth devlin missing 2 very scorable frees in the 2nd half we could have had an undeserved win.

we probably are better off out of the championship as the current team isnt good enough to win the IFC and go to Division 1. we need to concentrate on staying in Divison 2 this year and hopefully a couple more years and take some of the promising players we have at U-16 and minor level through and then have a proper go at the IFC.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: ziggysego on September 14, 2009, 10:15:24 AM
Highlights from the weekend's action is now up on Jerome's site.

http://vimeo.com/user1785268
great stuff from jerome, hope this goes well, will give the club championship  a much needed boost
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

MR99

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 14, 2009, 09:29:00 AM
I really enjoyed all the football over the weekend even if the standard was not off a great quality at times. The refs are letting the games flow albeit they are not getting everything right. Decision of the weekend must go to John McCann who could have played for a draw in the Eskra Stewartstown games but realised that the Stewartstown lad bent down for the ball and miscontrolled it, resulting in him going down. Eskra went up and scored the insurance point from it and time was up.
If I was a neutral, which I am not, then I would not put a penny on the outcome of thias years championship after the draw. Ardboe will now become the bookies favourites because of their draw, but Killyclogher will relish this and will be very hard to beat. In Carlin and Swift they have man markers who can sniff anyone out on their day, although Swift did start showboating towards the end of the Galbally match which resulted in a couple of turnovers.
Errigal and Dromore are back in Carmen again as I predicted but the outcome may well be swung in Dromores favour with the loss of the 2 Hartes. Its not Davys form I know but I would suggest that he thought they were out and pure frustration led to him lashing out. Eoin McCusker will never be as quiet again and surely Sean O'Neill will not give Kieran McGinley as much space again. Having said that Errigals obvious shortfalling in their forward line are compensated with a savage workrate and they will take confidence from their fightback. They have talent to replace the 2 Hartes with Brian Mullan and John Kelly, who did well, likely to start. As for Carmen , i cant wait for the semi final already. We have a good record in semis over the yearsS. We will need to improve upfront though with only Mark Doneely really firing as of yet. Defensively Carmen are sound, although there is talk of Ciaran McAleer being absent because of honeymoon. Knowing Dan he will probably swim home to play though.
So I am going for 2 draws in the semifinals to send the county board into meltdown over fixture congestion.

Agree with most of what you said there Wee Roddy.  As a neutral I feel that Dromore were very hard done by and had to work harder for their free's.  McCullagh and McCusker being held off the ball most of the time and the last free was ridiculous, Dromore must be gutted.  Every man and their dog in the crowd could see McGinley holding McCarron's arm when McCarron  about to catch the ball.  I was behind the goal when it happened (thought I.d get away before the whistle!) and the Dromore man definitely put his toe under the ball, you could tell by the Errigal players reaction as they initially thought it was a free out.  At the same time Errigal done well to get back into it as Dromore should have had them buried.  Thought young McNabb was outstanding, Davey couldn't handle him which was why he got frustrated.  Credit must go to Errigal for their fightback.   Great hard hitting fair game, Carmen must be delighted with the draw as which ever team comes out of this will be very tired for next round.  Big Garry done a great job dominating McGinley and had a harsh free given against him when McGinley got hurt as both men were very committed for a 50/50 ball.  O'Donnell showed nerves of steel when converting the second last free.

By the way did anyone else notice how the big Errigal water man blocked Sean O'Neill several times allowing Ciaran McGinley to come for a few short frees.  Canavan's brain working overtime for that move!  :-\

blewuporstuffed

wouldnt agree with that, if you watch it again on the video of jerome quinns , he definatly picked it up clean of the ground,so in that regard, the refferee, got it right.There may have been a case for a fre out for mccarron being fouled but.
Thought the situation with the water carriers was a joke, both teams had men constantly running on the the opitch, and as you say a few times trying to block players runs etc, at one stage, errigal had 3 men on the pitch and dromore 2. its only a matter of time before this sparks a row.
what happened to having neutral waterboys at the championship games?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either