Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: LandErIn on July 07, 2009, 11:06:13 AM
Is Kyle Coney injured or in Australia?

Ready to roll in a few weeks time.

I hear there are a few games changed from Friday to Thursday - any word on this ?

DCR

SC: "You'd imagine he would be an approachable kind of guy, but he can be a hard enough fella to speak to.  In Tyrone we have the whole Jekyll and Hyde management because Mickey is very much into psychology. He can be a hard man at times because he keeps players at a distance. We have another guy, Tony Donnelly, who works with Mickey and is a massive players' guy. A lot of guys would go to him before Mickey Harte."

Strange way for a manager to behave towards players especially one who's supposed to be the greatest thing since "sliced bread" but bears out the stories we have been hearing that he is virtually unapproachable. When Mugsy was going thru his bad patch reportedly said that MH hadn't spoken to him for 2 years.
But who am I to criticise a man who has done what he has done. (I am truly sorry).

Archie Mitchell

Last year did he not hire a woman to act as an intermediary between the coaching staff and the players? I can remember reading something last year, Harte said himself he never spoke to the players enough and this was the reason for hiring this woman. He mentioned an example about Penrose and how he was considering quitting the panal, and when he spoke to this woman and told her how he felt about the situation, she reported back to Mickey Harte and Harte addressed the situation.

orangeman

Mickey has proved us wrong time and time again. Simple as that.

Archie Mitchell

Correct. At the end of the day, he's there to make the most of the resources he has to make a successful team. He's not there to make friends with players. Seems to be working out OK so far and long may it continue.

Family guy

Can any killdress or any posters tell me what way paul o neills playing for them or is he even still playing??

Bonkers09

What way is the Omagh Carmen game going?

tyroneboi

Any word on the Junior Championship draw yet Fionntamhnach?

Bonkers09

ceol agus peil

Sent from my iphone

TonesAbú

Kildress 0-09
Coalisland 0-07
Minor Championship FT

orangeman

Quote from: TonesAbú on July 07, 2009, 10:17:43 PM
Kildress 0-09
Coalisland 0-07
Minor Championship FT

Great result for the Tones.

Omagh must have a deadly side as well.

KIDDO 4

Drumragh 1.12, Loughmacrory 0.10 in the curtain raiser in Tattyreagh tonight , grade 3 minor championship semi final with FIntona ref Pat McAtee in charge , with the second semi final finnishing Eskra 1.10, Aygharan 1.9 , played in Drumquin.

tyrone86

Quote from: tyroneboi on July 07, 2009, 09:10:53 PM
Any word on the Junior Championship draw yet Fionntamhnach?

Fintona v Clogher
Newtownstewart v Drumquin
Castlederg v Brocagh
Dungannon/Glenelly v Brackaville

tyrone exile

Quote from: Family guy on July 07, 2009, 08:11:30 PM
Can any killdress or any posters tell me what way paul o neills playing for them or is he even still playing??

Pauls still playing but is dogged with injuries, so not starting for seniors at the minute!