Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

The Intermediate and Junior All-Ireland Club Finals will be played at Croke Park on Saturday 10th March, under the floodlights. Hopefully Greencastle and Stewartstown will be playing ;)
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Updated managers for the ACL....anymore?

Aghyaran- Mark Henry
An Charriag Mhor- Dominic Corrigan
Ardboe- Roger Keenan
Coalisland- Leo Quinn and Stevie Hughes
Cookstown
Donaghmore
Dromore- Noel McGinn
Errigal Ciaran- Cahal McAnenly and Pascal Canavan
Galbally- Paddy Tally
Killeeshil- Peter Baynes and Ollie Kelly 
Killyclogher- Tony Collins
Omagh- Tiffy Quinn/ McCaffrey

Clann na nGael- Ciaran McLaughlin
Clonoe- John Morrison
Derrylaughan
Dungannon
Edendork
Gortin
Kildress
Loughmacrory- Paddy McGuigan
Moy
Pomeroy
Stewartstown
Trillick- Pat McNabb

Aghaloo
Augher- Barry Grimes
Brocagh
Drumquin
Eglish
Eskra- Eamon Kavanagh
Fintona-Dermot McGuigan and Paul Reid
Greencastle
Killyman
Moortown-Fred McVey
Strabane- Liam Sweeney
Urney- Gerry Corry and Martin Morgan

Beragh
Brackaville
Castlederg- Tommy Moss
Clogher- Stephen Quinn/ McCaughey
Derrytresk- Barney Campbell and Patsy Hanna
Dregish
Drumragh
Glenelly- Sean O'Kane
Newtownstewart
Owen Roes- Gerard Porter
Rock
Tattyreagh- Declan Armstrong
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dabhog

The appointment of Tommy Moss as C'Derg manager it seems has hit problems and apparently he has been replaced by John Lynch.  A very short rein for Tommy.

loughshore lad

Any official word when the league kicks off?

ClosetotheHarte

Haven't heard anything more about the McAnenly-Canavan appointment at Errigal (since I got a text from a friend the other night to say they were in line to be the new Managers) and I'm beginning to suspect it might not be true. Nobody else on here (or anywhere for that matter) has referred to it - does anybody know what the story is at Errigal?
Plus why did Mal O'Rourke leave after just a year with the team - and a successful year at that.

loughshore lad

Quote from: ClosetotheHarte on January 12, 2007, 01:55:36 PM
Haven't heard anything more about the McAnenly-Canavan appointment at Errigal (since I got a text from a friend the other night to say they were in line to be the new Managers) and I'm beginning to suspect it might not be true. Nobody else on here (or anywhere for that matter) has referred to it - does anybody know what the story is at Errigal?
Plus why did Mal O'Rourke leave after just a year with the team - and a successful year at that.

Find this very puzzling also. O'Rourke did an excellent job last year (also did great job with Loup in Derry) but apparently got the road. Word is he was not very popular after the Ballinderry game in the ulster club with many within the club questioning team selection etc. In the Errigal games I saw last year Pascal Canavan was probably their most influential performer and possibly has another year in him. Hard to know if he will officially take on the role of manager but sure both him and Peter would carry a lot of weight regardless if one or either was officially the manager or not.

realredhandfan

id imagine it was because O rourke was too much of a press man.  remember his interviews 2 days prior to the league final that didnt involve Errigal Ciaran.  He said that he hoped Errigal would be allowed to play out their league semi final this only days after he removed his team from it because he said he didint have enough players.  His comments could have damaged the Errgal Ciaran case for a third team to be allowed into football foever as they have in fact since proven they have too many players.  Thank Goodness they were quickly forgot about , and O rourke left out in the cold for ECs sake.

ziggysego

Quote from: Sludden on January 12, 2007, 01:19:00 AM
In direct  clash with the floodlit Tyrone v Donegal nfl match in Omagh , also Mar 10th.

Ah what? Can't something be done about this? Assuming that both or one of the teams get to the final. Be nice to know the whole county is following the fortunes of Greencastle and Stewartstown.
Testing Accessibility

ClosetotheHarte

I'd say Peter and Pascal would call a lot of the shots in Errigal but I suppose who can argue with two men like that.
It does seem strange the way O'Rourke moved on so fast - did he get the road then rather than choose to go himself?
I'd heard too from one or two people how puzzling his team selections could be from match to match but he did win the Championship. Was that because of O'Rourke or despite him?
I remember thinking too how weird it was that Errigal couldn't/wouldn't put out some team to play in the League semi rather than go out of it the way they did. This, as you say, must have then been something to do with the end of O'Rourke's spell at Errigal.
So it looks like a replacement hasn't been found yet?

DuperDee

Seems a lot of clubs in Tyrone are finding it hard to get managers this year. I was talking to a few lads from different clubs and they have said that many of the usual names are not willing to get involved this season. One club in particular has been trying since before Halloween and as yet have not agreed on a new man. They have already got together with a few of the older players taking pre season training.

Part of the problem is that with the changes in the leagues many clubs are looking for an outside man to keep them up for next year. The reality is that there will be more teams relegated this year than any before. This may explain why there are so many outside men taking teams in Tyrone and so many from outside the county. The leagues are to start earlier this year are there are still a large number of teams with no manager appointed. And it is not just the Junior teams, but some of the bigger teams. It also means that some of these men are asking for crazy money. I know our own club was asked for a massive wage by a man that we could not afford. It turned out that he was playing us off against another club, which he has now went to.

Over the Bar

QuoteI know our own club was asked for a massive wage by a man that we could not afford. It turned out that he was playing us off against another club, which he has now went to.

Oh come on!  Less of this "I know a well-known manager who asked for a lot of money" crap.   Names names and state the amounts involved.

DuperDee

All you want Over the Bar is a bit of gossip but I thought there was a thing against naming names here. I have no intention of telling you who. What I will say that I am not spoofing. One of my posts mentioned about the new Ardboe manager which was quickly dismissed by a club man because the club meeting hadnt taken place. He later then admitted that it was true. And before you try to guess, it was not the new Ardboe manager.

The point I was making was that because there were so few men willing to take teams then what they were asking was higher than before. Now I am not saying that they should not be paid. If a man were to come into the club to do a bit of painting or plumbing then he would be paid. A manager is no different if there is a willingness to get someone from outside the club. The problem is that there are few good men willing and able that they are able to ask a big price. The going rate from what I know __ yes know not hear__ if anything from £160 –200 per week. Any that is for any of the clubs in any of the divisions. The most worring thing is where a few clubs have started to pay their own clubmen to take the team. I am against that because how can you ask an inside man to take a youth team if someone from inside the club is being paid for an adult team. I know this did happen in the lower divisions last year for 2 clubs, both in the West of the county. I am sure some of the people up that end of the county can verify this.

ONeill

That's some coup for the O'Rahiily's. Although I couldn't see them challenging in the foreseeable future, perhaps the seriously competitive Fianna/Clonoe rivalry of the early 90s is to be rekindled.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Over the Bar

QuoteAll you want Over the Bar is a bit of gossip

All I want is facts and not the usual "Allegedly so & so is getting such an amount for managing them" bullshit doing the rounds.

Norf Tyrone

I see in the Tyrone youth fixtures announced that there is a team called 'Thomas Cusacks'. Probably going to be a silly question, but where are they from??
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone