Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClosetotheHarte

Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 09, 2007, 08:33:53 PM
I remember talking to a Down man who talked about the thirds league in his county. He said that a lot of these players build up a comaderee or a teamship which meant that if a good player was asked to move up to a first team some of them refused as they were enjoying the experience too much with the thirds. In addition it was used by former greats to maintain their involvement in the game while not taking it as seriously. Maybe in time if we can get a similar league going here this will also be the case here? 

That idea sounds good. Just think of the amount of people (still relatively young) who drop out of football becasue they can't make the sacrifice any more but they would probably still love to play for the fun of it. Reserve football used to be like that but even that has got too serious these days with players prevented from playing for their Reserve team because they weren't training enough. In some ways there is nothing wrong with that either but the player who took part for the enjoyment the game provided has been left behind. Football has come a long road over the years but if there are a lot of good things about the progress that has been made the downside is that the fun part of the game has all but vanished. That's how I see it anyway. The Thirds idea would cater for a lot of different people but I suppose there aren't too many clubs in the county that would have the numbers for a third team.

Norf Tyrone

Updated managers for the ACL....anymore?

Aghyaran- Mark Henry
An Charriag Mhor- Dominic Corrigan
Ardboe- Roger Keenan
Coalisland
Cookstown
Donaghmore
Dromore- Noel McGinn
Errigal Ciaran
Galbally- Paddy Tally
Killeeshil
Killyclogher
Omagh- Tiffy Quinn/ McCaffrey

Clann na nGael- Ciaran McLaughlin
Clonoe
Derrylaughan
Dungannon
Edendork
Gortin
Kildress
Loughmacrory- Paddy McGuigan
Moy
Pomeroy
Stewartstown
Trillick- Pat McNabb

Aghaloo
Augher- Barry Grimes
Brocagh
Drumquin
Eglish
Eskra- Eamon Kavanagh
Fintona-Dermot McGuigan and Paul Reid
Greencastle
Killyman
Moortown
Strabane
Urney

Beragh
Brackaville
Castlederg
Clogher- Stephen Quinn/ McCaughey
Derrytresk
Dregish
Drumragh
Glenelly- Sean O'Kane
Newtownstewart
Owen Roes- Gerard Porter
Rock
Tattyreagh- Declan Armstrong
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dabhog

It is indeed the same Mark Henry, a teacher at St Michael's Ennisillen.

Strabane Manager - Liam Sweeney.  Castlederg manager - Tommy Moss.

ClosetotheHarte

Norf you missed Killyclogher - Tony Collins mentioned on here a week or two ago.
Still a lot of appointing to be done by clubs by the look of it.

realredhandfan

Well if there is a rules stating that you cant play for the thirds and also seniors reserves in the one year then it could be more acceptable.  For a junior footballer in Tattyreagh it would be unfair to see them lose out in championship medals because of EC sburgeoning ego.  Did any of you think about creating a second club?

chuck hughes

Coalisland are managed by Leo Quinn and Stevie Hughes with Noel Skeleton as trainer. It's the same management as last year only Bosco lyons has steped down, though will be involved later due to personal commitments. These other 3 were involved last year with quinn and hughes very astute and skeleton is a top class physical trainer and an improving coach. Big year for the blues!Sleeping giant in waking!!

realredhandfan

Always Liked the Fiannas style of football.  their learning curve has been fast and sharp.  I would love to believe that the current stodginess in Tyrone football could be broken by an East Tyrone Team.  Bring back the Fianna, Clarkes, Donaghmore, Clonoe and Ardboe, all is forgiven....

loughshore lad

moortown manager is Fred McVey and apparently they will be trained by Paul McIver (son of Donegal manager Brian McIver). Good scoop for moortown, apparently Paul is an excellent coach.

ultachna

this may have been asked before lads, but what time is the trow in on the 3rd against Dublin?

realredhandfan

Anywhere in central London where this match could be viewed.

ziggysego

Quote from: realredhandfan on January 10, 2007, 04:23:45 PM
Anywhere in central London where this match could be viewed.

It's live via the Internet.

www.tg4.ie

However, like RTÉ, there could be trouble receiving it in London. That said, I can watch it in Tyrone.
Testing Accessibility

Hereiam

In my opioion now is the time for Glencull to break away from Errigal, especially now that they have helped Errigal find their feet in the world of club football. With the bunch of lads from around that part of the parish they could indeed form a very strong team. What a day it would be to see the old pitch restored to all its glory just like the good ole days. They could even get an ole orange van for the tuck shop just like before.  :D Ah how times have changed.

ONeill

The Hill are managed by Barney Campbell and Patsy Hanna. They are trained by Joe McGrane, a relative of Armagh's Paul.
Kevin Barry's were managed up til now by Brian Robinson.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.