Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: EC Unique on April 24, 2008, 04:07:46 PM
Quote from: loughshore lad on April 24, 2008, 09:42:05 AM
Personally I dont understand the obsession with these development squads, I actually think they are not a good idea. They create elitism within young players at an early age IMO.

Totally agree. Young lads ponsing about with 'Tyrone development squad' tops on thinking they have made it. A fair few will not even be playing in 5 or 6 years :-\

Personally I think that the effect of these development squads (while not saying they are a great idea due to the elitism) could be to keep more young players playing the game when they hit that age where so many former players give up. In my mind that is certainly a positive thing.

tyrone86

I'll see if I can improve on 68% from last week

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 1 and Reserve
Ardboe v Omagh
An Charraig Mhór v Aghyaran
Clonoe v Loughmacrory
Coalisland v Killyman
Donaghmore v Kildress
Dromore v Galbally
Eglish v Errigal Ciarán

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 2 and Reserve
Derrylaughan v Urney
Dungannon v Clann na nGael
Edendork v Trillick
Eskra v Tattyreagh
Gortin v Stewartstown
Greencastle v Rock
Killeeshil v Pomeroy
Moortown v Moy

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 3 and Reserve
Derrytresk v Strabane
Dregish v Clogher
Drumquin v Castlederg
ER O'Neill's v Brockagh
Errigal Ciarán III v Beragh
Fintona v Brackaville
Glenelly v Augher
Newtownstewart v Aghaloo

ziggysego

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 1 and Reserve
Ardboe v Omagh
An Charraig Mhór v Aghyaran
Clonoe v Loughmacrory
Coalisland v Killyman
Donaghmore v Kildress
Dromore v Galbally
Eglish v Errigal Ciarán

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 2 and Reserve
Derrylaughan v Urney
Dungannon v Clann na nGael
Edendork v Trillick
Eskra v Tattyreagh
Gortin v Stewartstown
Greencastle v Rock
Killeeshil v Pomeroy
Moortown v Moy

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 3 and Reserve
Derrytresk v Strabane
Dregish v Clogher
Drumquin v Castlederg
ER O'Neill's v Brockagh
Errigal Ciarán III v Beragh
Fintona v Brackaville
Glenelly v Augher
Newtownstewart v Aghaloo
Testing Accessibility

go4goal

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 24, 2008, 11:09:38 PM

I'm a fan of the development squads. Good guys get singled out early on and if they somehow miss right then, then there is the development squad for the next year. Ryan McMenamin didn't make a impact at underage. The red tape of some gaels missing out ithis time around is of course unforgiveable. In some ways, it's like the trials Mickey Harte had at the start of the year ('if your good enough')for the county team.

Something that worries me is that Aussie Rules scouts coud be sniffing around development squads of strong county teams e.g one Dromore man selected from a county-winning u-14 team could be singled out by them.   
[/quote/]

Was this one dromore player your best player and matchwinner last year or was it just a good all round team? Should you have had other players on the panel kiddo?

Norf Tyrone

I think that topic is talked about a page or two back go4goal.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: tram on April 25, 2008, 06:20:09 PM
Worth mentioning that Loreto Convent, Omagh won the All-Ireland U16 A Ladies Football championship today. Well done to them.  :)

Just heard that...a last kick penalty to win by 2!

KIDDO 4

Brian Dooher's straight red in his first club game back from injury is a blow Mickey Harte's Tyrone could well have done without.
Dooher had scored two points for Clann na nGael in his first start in a senior game in a year before being sent off.
His sending off will delay any chance he has of making it back on to the Tyrone side for the Ulster championship.
Technically Dooher could be back and fit for Tyrone's first game in June but there is now no chance of Dooher being match fit and I'm sure that Mickey Harte will be raging at someone as influential as Dooher seeing red.
Harte must reckon that he is jinxed given the injury lists he has endured in recent seasons and Dooher is not the first Tyrone star to get himself sent off before big games.
I am doubtful that Dooher can ever be the same force for Tyrone as he was in 2003 and 2005, but he has been a great player for his county and he is respected as a leader.
He is coming to the end of what has been a great career, it's a shame that he has compounded his injury problems by seeing red.

Posted by Sean Mag Uidhir at 15:23 

orangeman

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on April 26, 2008, 01:28:06 AM
Brian Dooher's straight red in his first club game back from injury is a blow Mickey Harte's Tyrone could well have done without.
Dooher had scored two points for Clann na nGael in his first start in a senior game in a year before being sent off.
His sending off will delay any chance he has of making it back on to the Tyrone side for the Ulster championship.
Technically Dooher could be back and fit for Tyrone's first game in June but there is now no chance of Dooher being match fit and I'm sure that Mickey Harte will be raging at someone as influential as Dooher seeing red.
Harte must reckon that he is jinxed given the injury lists he has endured in recent seasons and Dooher is not the first Tyrone star to get himself sent off before big games.
I am doubtful that Dooher can ever be the same force for Tyrone as he was in 2003 and 2005, but he has been a great player for his county and he is respected as a leader.
He is coming to the end of what has been a great career, it's a shame that he has compounded his injury problems by seeing red.

Posted by Sean Mag Uidhir at 15:23 

A very brave referee !!!!

ziggysego

Quote from: tram on April 25, 2008, 06:20:09 PM
Worth mentioning that Loreto Convent, Omagh won the All-Ireland U16 A Ladies Football championship today. Well done to them.  :)

Congratulations indeed. :) My wee cousin was on the team.
Testing Accessibility

KIDDO 4

Dromore defeated Galbally 1.17 to 0.10 this afternoon in the league , scorers ColmMc Cullagh 0.8, Eoin Mc Cusker 0.5, Ciarian Mc Coy1.0,  Paddy Montague 0.2, and Ryan Mc Menamin 0.2 , with the reserves completing the double winning 0.11, to 0.4.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

KIDDO 4

Eglish 1.5, E-ciaran 1.16, division 1 senior league, this afternoon.

atthegap

Just heard beragh were toppled by the mighty EC III, beragh seemingly by winning by 3 with a few minutes to go then lost by 4, what's going on there? Heard ECIII were down to 14 men for all of the game. strange goings on indeed.

gaafollower