Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snappiered

Quote from: loughshore lad on January 08, 2007, 10:28:52 PM
Roger Keenan confirmed as Ardboe manager tonight. Excellent appointment for the Rossas

Has Rodger taken on the job on his own or is he being assisted by anyone? Thought his full time job didnt allow him manage any club teams apart from his own?

goal and a point

Managers -
Dromore - Noel McGinn
Carrickmore - Dom Corrigan
Galbally - Paddy Tally
Augher - Barry Grimes
Omagh - Tiffy Quinn/ McCaffery
Clogher - McCaughey/ Stephen Quinn
Glenelly - Sean O Kane
Tattyreagh - Declan Armstrong
Loughmacrory - Paddy McGuigan

ugliragman

Any word out there on Errigal manager?

Dabhog

Aghyaran manager for 2007 is Mark Henry. 
Aghyaran in Ulster Senior league in section with Silverbridge, Clonibret, Ballyholland & Loup.  First game on 4th Feb last group game on 4th March.

goal and a point

Did anyone read the article in the irish news - interview with Mickey Harte - about how the Ulster Council were infringing on players human rights. Why can he not let things lie the way they are - he always has to be in dispute with someone. In my opinion he will not give in on this as he wouldnt want people to think he was wrong. He would see this as the ulster council v harte, oh they have a pick on me. But in reality it is just the normal practice. Do you think the 3 uuj players on the bench were there on sunday because of there own choice or was it because they were afraid of going against the messiah of glencull who always has to get his own way

ClosetotheHarte

I can see both sides because the players concerned are players Mickey obviously thinks aren't far away and he wants a closer look at them in the McKenna Cup. He'll not see them if they are away with their College and it would then be difficult for him to pick them in his League squad. It might be unfair on the College but you can see both sides of the coin. Or can you?
Also, this approach by Mickey is just another example of why he is an All Ireland winning Manager. Nobody fights his corner more than Mickey does and that seems to filter through the squad.

ziggysego

As big as admirer I am of Mickey Harte's, I thought the human rights comment was a bit cringe worthy.
Testing Accessibility

realredhandfan

Just a little pre season jostling for position, I think Mickey's a little tongue in cheek on that one.  Hes playing whatever game he has to play,  Its september that counts lads.  Septemebr 

ClosetotheHarte

Quote from: ziggysego on January 09, 2007, 12:00:03 PM
As big as admirer I am of Mickey Harte's, I thought the human rights comment was a bit cringe worthy.

I do agree with you on that bit.

corn02

Seeing that you's are all getting sick of Harte, any chance of swapping - Tyrone can have Joe and we wil ltake Mickey?

ziggysego

Quote from: corn02 on January 09, 2007, 12:20:09 PM
Seeing that you's are all getting sick of Harte, any chance of swapping - Tyrone can have Joe and we wil ltake Mickey?

Hey hey hey, never said I was getting sick of Mickey, just that one comment. I still want Mickey at Tyrone.
Testing Accessibility

realredhandfan

Whilst not wanting to take a bang at  Errigal.  Their attitude to playing even a second string on a league semi final just before xmas stunk.  I believe that they gave sufficient ammunitiion to anyone who would suggest that they dont need a thirds team with their pre xmas attitude.  Are EC reserve currently team known as their seconds?  If you play for the thirds can you also play for the first / seconds.  To me it decreases the opportunities available to other clubs particulalry in reserve championships junior championship etc. I am totally against this attempted creation of a superclub in Tyrone. Particularly when apparently their is still some bad blood between some of the put together regions of the club why throw more teams at it?  If im wrong tell me and I will gladly revise my views.   

goal and a point

"some bad blood between some of the put together regions of the club why throw more teams at it"

Do you reckon this could resurrect the Glencull breakaway faction led by certain families . Glencull would have some team now though.

Where will the thirds play there home games. Errigal could carry out maintenace on the pitch at glencull and use this as there ground for the thirds.

EC Unique

I can assure you there is no problems in Errigal. The thirds is just to give more football to more people. All the big clubs in Ulster have a thirds team - B/derry, Cross, Bellaghy, and I am sure there are more. We are just moving with the times. You will find more will follow. ;D

never kickt a ball

I remember talking to a Down man who talked about the thirds league in his county. He said that a lot of these players build up a comaderee or a teamship which meant that if a good player was asked to move up to a first team some of them refused as they were enjoying the experience too much with the thirds. In addition it was used by former greats to maintain their involvement in the game while not taking it as seriously. Maybe in time if we can get a similar league going here this will also be the case here?